Adrift (WIP)

so it is quite possible that they could lay eggs

I’m chiming in late here, but since this debate seems to still be going on, I’ll dive in as well. The way mpreg was handled in Choice of Romance was horrid since it created huge gaping logic holes in the story. If the ruler truly wanted an heir that badly, and you could magic up a baby, why didn’t Augustin(a) just magic up a legitimate heir with his/her original spouse? Why did Augustin(a) only magic up an illegitimate baby with a same sex lover? It made no sense at all given how important having a legitimate heir was to the plot.

So please do not add something like mpreg in without giving extensive thought on how it will affect the logic underpinning your story. Do not engage in sloppy storytelling. Otherwise your attempt at social engineering will come across as artificial and heavy-handed, detracting from your story instead of enriching it.

the only idea to be pregnant in a cog seem boring as hell lol:
What do you want eat? What is better for baby ? and stupid choices about that more suite for a sex ed class.

I just don’t understand who could better a story like this center in a romance starting dealing with something so complicated like pregnancy and babies. Please at least left people choice if they want a big belly or not. My bet is almost nobody want to read tons of pages about 9 months of pregnancy and care a baby.

Unless it’s a baby dragon :3

@MaraJade Lol ’ Basic Poisons for Kids to learn’

laying eggs takes like 5 seconds. @marajade

she ask about pregnancy eggs don’t go pregnant only mammals and that mean care about dirty rats in your belly sea horses get pregnant the male actually, and born babies spend agony of hours bring tons of little sea horses also caring then 24 during several days.

i want carry hundred offspring? NO. i hope there is a option of using condoms if not no romance. i hate children in games and worse care them i even prefer death. i want play a date sim not a pregnant babysitter one

mermaids are not seahorses.

@MaraJade

I tend to find it strange that there tends to be a lack of children in anywhere BUT real life.

Have you ever thought about that?

@RagEginite i prefer no children i hate children in rl in first place, videogames are far worse care a rat is annoy and not funny they don’t evolve like pokemon.

This is a date sim not a nursery game and romance hasnt to be destined only to marriage and care of babies like a medieval theory.

I don’t saying no religions wedding and caring tons of smelly offspring don’t be included im only want have a option to rebel myself against that only way to love.

You could love someone without need to have a baby lol or get married

there would obviously be an option to not do it. you do not have to rag on it. @marajade

well sorry the author ask about our opinion i don’t pretend being harsh but i hate how date sim portrait genders and women principally. Not all wants marry dressing white and have tons of children that’s way i love Cog way more that virtual novels where women and men are pure stereotype

@Babisko played through it a few times, so far so good! Hoping you’re still tinkering with this still!

@Babisko

It took me forever to find the human, then he killed me! That’s what I get for not chucking wood at the guy. :slight_smile:

As far as mpreg goes… I wouldn’t mind it, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having two separate genders.

I actually think the story would be fine with or without pregnancies of any kind. I just think that people usually look at this type of story as a dating sim rather than starting a family sim.

But the choice is yours and I’m sure the outcome will be great no matter what you choose to do! Great work so far! :smiley:

I loved the demo are you still making the game :smiley:

NO!!! Rice do you know what you’ve done?! Mods please don’t close this it wasn’t his fault he didn’t know!

@Beezlebub Sorry, but the rule is up there for a reason. If the OP wants it reopened, they can always message a mod.

Is this story still being work on?

@kits9, the last post was a year ago, and that post was an attempt at necromancing from the year before. It’s dead, and it stays where it lays.