Adoriel's Tears WIP GAME UPDATE 10/04/2022

You mean to write in English?

1 Like

My char’s eyes are hazel, not pink.

I wonder what kind of familiar we have…
(I suspect the voice in our head is our familiar… or something along those lines.)

2 Likes

Yes, it will be available to more people if I write in English ^^

1 Like

Indeed! :slightly_smiling_face:

In fact, I taught myself by watching a lot of movies and reading a lot of IF.
I also always have a French/English dictionary next to me and I use a site called wordreference.
I also have several friends who proofread and give me advice (French) and great betas readers (English) who help me a lot and lately one of my fellow writers who is Italian told me about a site called Deepl. :grinning:

My way of writing Adoriel’s Tears takes time because I write in French during the week and I use my weekends for translation. (I prefer to be in a quiet place and have more time to do this work because it’s more complicated). :sweat_smile:

1 Like

These are interesting theories that I would neither confirm nor deny. :smirk:

Concerning the eyes, it’s quite strange the code seems good, can I ask you to start the game again by taking a new save ? :thinking:

I’m glad you like the story and I’ll take this opportunity to remind to everyone that I have a Tumblr on which I post quite frequently if anyone is interested.

1 Like

I started a new save, picked the same choices and the result is the same. In case it helps, here are my choices up to that point.

Summary

Butteerscotch brown hair >
hazel >
You dive towards the hollow trunk >
You nod, worry twisting in your stomach >
(custom name) Sebelkeh >
You wait patiently for them to finish >
You miss Tobias >
“The room of eight is full of imbeciles!” >
“Don’t tell Mom, please” >
Stuffed rabbit >
(custom name) Úrn >
He is… >
Favorite niece >
Chocolates >
Ivory >
You want a familiar >
“Okay, let’s get to work quickly” >
“The hunt was good” >
“Is it going to be ok?” >
I’m happy for you, Aunt Cecily," you reply with a small slime despite the pang in your heart >
You didn’t expect that >
“Hello,” you croak, your cheeks growing hot >
You had and still have mixed feelings about this boy >
“He didn’t mean any harm” >
You feel… something stirring in your belly >
You frown slightly >
You nod vigorously >
Pet him >
You shrug >
(((PINK EYES)))

1 Like

I’ll look into it :slight_smile:

@IvoryOwl So.
I checked and even replayed with a new save and this bug is a big mystery! I chose purple for the eyes and I end up with the same problem as you. Yet before this bug, the eye color appears correctly in chapter 1. I will end up removing this variable from this passage.