Adoriel's Tears WIP GAME UPDATE 26/8/2022

Someone also made the remark on my tumblr. I will try to fix some words a little too hard for a child. But Mc uses this words and this vocabulary by simple mimicry.

10 Likes

Not revenge so much as just being petty and jealous. My little MC so far is bitter and angry about the way she is being treated without a way of letting off steam. And until she gets a healthy one, Asshole is it.

9 Likes

I just finished the demo and I can’t wait for more!

7 Likes

I love it so far!!! Can’t wait for the update!

UPDATE 05/03/2022

Hi guys

Here is a little update of what I did since the last update of Adoriel’s Tears.

As requested, I finally added a non-binary option and I also modified the options concerning the skin color choice.
The next update will focus on Arthur and Tobias’ second day at the farm. I’m currently finishing the second scene of chapter 2.1 for Arthur’s branch, then I will have to do Tobias’ and Snow’s.

This takes a lot of my time. Chapter 2.1 is far from finished and depending on its length, I may have to create a file called chapter 2.3 with the rest of Tobias and Arthur’s stay which will also mark a turning point in Mc’s life

To confess, I’m really looking forward to writing the end of Arthur and Tobias’ stay as it promises to be heavy on action and emotion (sweet, sweet angst) :sparkling_heart:

I don’t know when I’ll update next time, I’d like to be able to deliver the whole chapter 2.1 ( or 2.3 ) in one go but I’ll see in due time.

On that note, I wish you a good Saturday :blush:

24 Likes

Call for beta readers.

Yes, you read that right. I need help. Testing the game is a very time consuming activity and the time I spend doing it I do not write. And since I have a full time job, it’s getting complicated.

I would like to recruit 14 Tears to help me in this work. I would need help in spotting grammatical errors, punctuation, continuity…it would also help me to have your general
impressions.

You would have access to content in advance and have a week or two to give me feedback and criticism before each new update

If you are interested then mp me and tell me why you want to do it, tell me about your Mc and they current relationships … I will close applications on March 24th. So not everyone will be able to be selected but I thank each of you in advance. :blush:

13 Likes

Hi guys
I just updated the game. This one includes a battle scene that makes the game 18+ although you have the option to skip this part. So I guess I will have to make a new thread in the next few days.

I also put a non binary option and add more save for the rest I let you discover all this at your own pace. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

30 Likes

@daugtherofolympusif ive noticed, i dont know whether to call it a typo or an error in your code but i seem to been seeing that instead of my MC’s name its produced as Unknown…

Screenshot 2022-04-10 230417

ive seen this a few time.

HI ! :grinning: Did you use an old save?
Can you try again from the beginning?

1 Like

yea that fixed it. thanks.

1 Like

I’m all for the classics. I mean, they have been used extensively for a reason. They are fun to write, fun to read, usually very easily adaptable into many kinds of stories… And if the surge of certain tropes in many sorts of different media might give us insight into anything (try “villainess”, “isekai”, and many others in anime/manga/novels) is that the execution matters a lot more than how cliché the elements used are. So if you want to bring classic medieval fantasy to the table, good for you. You have a clear objetive. I’m looking forward to reading through what is distinctively your perception of it. Clicks play

5 Likes

im sorry, but how in Adoriel’s name have i been sleeping on this WIP?! I just love the story and the budding lore of this WIP, i cant wait to see where this story is going!

Edit: just went through the demo and i just have to say, this story does not dissapoint! Im gonna say it now, this is going to be a very great IF

3 Likes

A little something)

@Hiimsice @TechNote Thank you both :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
I’m glad you like it!

@Walking_IMHO Sorry you’re having a problem I’ll take a look tonight to fix it!

Ok it fixed

2 Likes

I love this!!! You can’t tell that english isn’t your first language. Great skill shown here. I hope you keep pushing forward!

1 Like

Ok, I haven’t finished the demo yet but I love this so far. Like this is amazing! Golden Compass meets Eragon meets Lord of the Rings vibes! So cool! One tiny grammar error I noticed (and it may just be really nitpicky, if so then sorry) Is:

“Over and over again. And yet, they seemed no less inoffensive.”

In the context it is in, wouldn’t offensive fit better than inoffensive?

But other than that one small thing, it is amazing so far! Can’t wait to read more!

4 Likes

I heard daddy issues and I came running-

First off, I’m really enjoying this game and it’s setting. It’s wholeheartedly giving off LoTR and Golden Compass vibes, and I dig it. The character dynamics- particularly between Cecily, Eliana, and Tobias- are so fun! I’m interested in learning more about our father (and kicking him to smithereens). Our relationship with Eliana is also really intriguing- she loves us, and she cares for us, but she’s…not a great mother to us. (Though, most definitely not the worst. At least she’s involved in our lives. Can’t say that much about dad :roll_eyes:)

I did catch a lot of grammatical errors when I was going through the game though! I’ll put them under the header:

Summary

“A slap, a blow to the head, that’s what Eliana’s words sounded like to Tobias.” Not to be an annoying little member of the grammar police, but I believe that you’d need a semicolon in between the words “blow to the head” and “that’s what Eliana’s words sounded like to Tobias.” Or maybe I’m just nitpicking.
“And yet they seemed no less inoffensive.”
The word you’re looking for here is probably “offensive”.
“Eliana begged in a deadened voice.”
“Deadened” sounds kind of awkward here. Try something like “dull”, or “suppressed” instead!

“…you’re like a sister to me” is missing a period at the end. Also, pretty sure you don’t need the “still” in the next sentence- it’s a bit wordy. Without it, the point still gets across just fine.

“She showed him the place where she intended to install a chicken coop, a stable and a barn and Tobias couldn’t help but smile as he imagined her as a farmer.” This should be two separate sentences. Like, " She showed him the place where she intended to install and chicken coop, a stable, and a barn." This should be one sentence, and the next sentence should be “Tobias couldn’t help but smile as he imagined her as a farmer.”
" This belly was not yet very big…" should be “The belly.”
“You know that half-blood can be scary…” should be “half-bloods can be scary”.

There’s some other stuff, but I’m just going to leave it here for now! This all might be a bit too nitpicky, and for that I apologize- I’m still in “editor” mode rn, so I apologize once more for being a part of the grammar police, lol. Regardless, you have a really strong setup going on here and I can’t wait to see what’s next!

6 Likes

Update 30/04/2022

Hi everyone

Arielle live for a little update on the situation.

The game was updated on April 10th if I remember correctly and after that Covid tackled me to the ground and kicked my ass for almost 12 days and you know the worst part is that he decided to strike during some time off I had taken at work so I could write!

Nice, right?

As a result when it comes to writing, I’m way, way behind on what I was hoping for, barely 2500 words more since the last time I wrote. I don’t think there will be an update next month, I’m thinking about June.

My brain is still a bit slow but I’m slowly getting back into the swing of things, and I hope to have some good content for you by June.

@Timothy @Kethmos thank you both sm ! Keep pointing out my mistakes it’s appreciated and helps me progress!

@Rahdbaan Thank you ! You’re making me blush !

36 Likes

You’re welcome, Dear Author :ok_hand: Keep up the great work. Hope you feel better soon :+1:

2 Likes

Hello ! I’m french too, and I’m wondering how do you manage to do your game ? Also, I just end up your current demo and I’m impatient for the next update !

2 Likes