Adoriel's Tears WIP GAME UPDATE 26/8/2022

Hi everyone, I’m a french writer and I started to write my first If story named Adoriel’s Tears which takes place in a medieval fantasy universe (yes I know, how original…).

Please note that this is a side project for me. So, updates may not always be frequent, but it’s a story that is close to my heart so without further ado, here’s what this is about.

Summary

What are we talking about exactly.

Adoriel’s Tears are a gift.

A light offered to the inhabitants of Terrybiël to end the conflicts that oppress the Four Peoples and eradicate the evil that was crawling on the continent.

But every light has its shadow and sometimes gifts are poisonous. For if magic comes from the heart, it takes a soul to master it, and fortunate are those who manage to find it. Without a counterpart, without a familiar, a Tear is nothing.

Just a curse. A child of madness. The darkness on Terrybiël. What must be destroyed before they destroy you.

Adoriel’s Tears are a gift. At least for the others.

You’re long past the point where your heart and soul should be singing together, and yet you’re gifted. That’s what made you lose everything you had as a child. Now, an opportunity presents itself. Should you take it, is it the right thing to do?

Without a soul and with a magic you can’t control, the journey will be a risky one.

Especially since the smell of madness and blood is getting heavier and heavier on Terrybiël. Will you be able to fix everything, to find what you’re looking for? Nothing is less sure.

And yet, this voice is calling you, whispering : Come ! Come to me ! Come to me and don’t be afraid.

So…Shall we begin ?

Those who will share the adventure with you.

Arthur (m) the Human : He has dark brown hair cut short, ocean green eyes and fair skin. He is kind, loyal and protective. His familiar is called Zephyr.

Tally (f) the Dwarf : She has long red hair often tied in a ponytail, hazel eyes and dark brown skin. She is cheerful and optimistic and has a rather reckless nature. Her familiar is called Coal .

Corden (m) the Orc : He has lichen green skin, violet eyes, and long hair as black as night. He is sarcastic, stubborn, and short-tempered. His familiar’s name is Lett

Lessica (f) the Elf : She has slightly pink skin, mid-length cyan hair and big amber eyes. She is always calm and stoic, even pessimistic. Her familiar’s name is Lira

Sage/Sophia (f/m) the ??? : With snow-white hair and heterochromatic eyes, they stand out from everything you know, and yet there is something familiar about them, almost warm.

Features
  • Customisable MC (gender, appearance, personality and sexuality)

• Find love or friendship with your 4 soon-to-be traveling companions

• Take part in an adventure that will change your world and possibly turn it upside down.

• Try not to succumb to the madness.

• Listen to the voice in your head, or not. After all, it’s your life.

• And so many more.

At the moment, the demo includes the prologue, the first chapter, and the first scene of chapter 2. English not being my first language, I would appreciate your feedback.

Anyway, I hope you will enjoy the demo

Tumblr

Adoriel's Tears on Tumblr

Demo

[Adoriel’s Tear]
https://dashingdon.com/play/daugtherofolympus/adoriels-tears--book-one--the-gift-of-the-tears/mygame

490 Likes

I enjoyed reading this! I didn’t encounter any bugs or typos and the sort. I am looking forward to where this is going, I love medieval fantasy!

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I Really enjoyed reading what you have done so far I enjoyed all the characters and I’m excited to see what type of conflicts come up and where you take the story I wish you and this story the best.

4 Likes

chapter2 line 212: bad label feed.

Just in case that wasn’t where the game was supposed to end at this point.

3 Likes

Thank you ! I’m so glad you like my characters !

This is the end of the demo, indeed ^^

Same error.

@daugtherofolympusif the error is due to a period after feed in line 212 of chapter 2, its currently feed. it should be feed
Btw Great Demo, I will look forward to it.

1 Like

Was “sometimes gifts are poisonous” an intentional pun on “gift” being the word for “poison” in many Germanic languages?

1 Like

@HWKEye @Mei_Hiroshi thank, it’s fixed now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

From the name i get serious vibes of Lord of the rings through i dindt read yet, i already like the premise

1 Like

Oui Oui le baguettes

:sob::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Nice cant wait to play more

2 Likes

Really? I take that as a compliment since I love Tolkien’s work. But no magic ring on Terrybiël, nope. :wink:

3 Likes

I love it!Can’t wait to read more🥰

1 Like

Thank you so much for your kind words ! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Cannot wait to read more, great story! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

This is not your 1st language? Not only am I amazed by your wip but also your fluency with English. It’s my mother tongue, and you’ve made me feel like those years in AP English didn’t mean - RIBBIT! :frog:

Jokes aside, I absolutely loved it. Cannot wait for more, my dear tadpole! :cupid:

5 Likes