Accountability partner(s) sought

I don’t mind scenes that would take time to get through. I love the more in depth scenes and stories. Now if ten pages describes a door, that wouldn’t be entertaining. Cant remember which published writer did that.

Haha no, it’s nothing like that. No overly descriptive stuff, just a few different paths that kind of grew bigger and bigger as I was writing them. Fortunately I think I’m pretty close to finishing it; I would like to have it done by the end of this week (today being Tuesday).

@Saracenar and @jjc37
My largest scene in Trial of the Demon Hunter is 40,000 and my largest in its sequel is 50,000 :stuck_out_tongue: my fight scenes tend to be very intricate.

Okay I wrote my 1,500 words. Most were edits to chapter 3, but still it adds up.

Oh and @Saracenar, thanks for the kind words. I think this thread will be good for a lot of us. I work a full-time job too, and yes it makes time management even more important but you can do it! I try to write in a few 9pm to 11pm/midnight blocks during the week and then maybe do a 4-hour block on Saturday or Sunday.

Good night everyone!

@Samuel_H_Young Crazy! This scene has taken me the longest time to write, edit, work out all the paths and test. How do you keep track of it all? And how many different outcomes are there?

@HornHeadFan Thanks! It’ll be doable, with the right mindset and effort. Just have to get it done!

@HornHeadFan
Nice :)! I’ll report in my numbers weekly.

@Saracenar
Yeah me, too. I have 3 outcomes to the assassin fight depending on whether you choose to capture, kill or redeem them, but the main reason it’s so big is because you have three opponents, half a dozen weapons and three different transformations that your boggart could turn into.

I keep track of it all by just focusing on each specific branch until it’s done, then going back to the next branch annd repeating.

I think a good fight scene tends to be a bit more descriptive for the reader to know more entricate parts. Where as just walking down a street full of garbage in many corners along with sewer rats the size of cats. Wouldn’t need as much, my torture scene is a bit descriptive so it will be a longer scene than some others. Its not finished or ready for that part yet.

@Samuel_H_Young That is my idea on how to get thru stuff as well. Go thru one path then come back and do next path until its ready. I will also have couple different type of endings to keep in mind as push through.

@jjc37
Torture scene o_o ahhh!

@Samuel_H_Young its not going to be a professional torturer and the effects are to actually be more of a show than actual hindering of the MC. Think of when the hero MC was knocked back by a blast that took out the circle group. Kinda that way and not like I could think of when “Would you like to play a game?” Not that brutal, my target is for young teens and older. Otherwise it could easily be 17+ which isnt my goal.

@jjc37
Oh okay:P I thought that might be the case

Reporting in for my own WIP. I just clocked in 2k words for my story which leaves me at 10k plus words for the latest chapter. It’s going to be a while before this work gets done :slight_smile:

Good job, @Grapefruit. What’s your WIP called?

I’m aiming for another 1,500 words tonight, effectively finishing my rewrite of chapter 3, but only if I don’t end up seeing Captain America.

You guys are so awesome. Recently i had some heavy emotional problems and choice of game games and wip demo are what helped me stay on my feet. Sometimes i have a hard day and when i get home, i sit at my computer and it cheer me up immediatly when i see that one of my favorite wip is updated or when i see that someone started his own project. Its a beautifull thing to see all of you move and tell us the progress of your stories and then playing them. I really look forward every single story that are about to get released and when they do, its my favorite part of the whole month, no joke. You guys are great and you got to keep going. I hope that you guys realise that right now you are literaly doing a revolution in the text adventure industry. Almost all (good) text adventures game come from here. Done by you peoples. You are directly helping this particular genre to evolve and get bigger. Every world you create become a small part of me and i alway want to see more of it. Keep the good work guys.

Ok, I need to get in on this action too. Need to get and stay focused. So… 1500 words per day is the goal? That includes code right? heh.

Well I hit my daily goal of 1500 words. Im planning of surpassing it and hitting 500k tonight. Then I might stay up longer and hit another 5k…

Either way Ive done my daily duties xD

@HornHeadFan It’s called Magikiras. Now the next challenge is to continue writing on a new day.

@cyanide, It’s people like you who give us writers the drive to keep working. Thanks for your kind words :slight_smile:

Yeah I agree that @cyanide just gave everyone a big boost. I’ll use that motivation to write 3,000 words tonight because I saw Captain America and didn’t get home until after 11 last night so my WIP was untouched. Btw, it was awesome. I’ll post more in tv/movie thread.

@HornHeadFan Sounds like a plan! Captain America 2 was awesome, right?

I’m determined to get the majority of my scene finished tonight. It’s really close. There are just two semi-separate sections that were causing some problems initially that I haven’t re-integrated. I think I’m going to try and get the rest of the scene perfect before I put them back in. But I’m close! I can feel it!

New goal! Get the scene finished and ready for semi-private testing in two days time (or less).