A Witch's Path (WIP)

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm I think the Covens relate to the plot??? The school, clubs, and Coven activities only happen once or twice in a chapter or depending on were I put them. The Clubs and stuff arnt the main point in the story if that’s what you think. It’s just a small part but the main focus is the story.

Okay, sorry now I’m confused, first you act like the main interactions MC gets with other NPCs would be by visiting the clubs, implying that it would make out majority of the interactions, now you say that the clubs are only a small part of the chapters overall…

How integral are the NPCs to the plot? You let it sound like interactions would be limited to the clubs most of the time.

Will MC’s relationship to the NPCs influence how often they will appear during the plot?

What when MC really does not go out of their way to make friends through club activities? Will they go through most of the game without getting much attention of the NPCs? Or will MC always end up in the rivality between the covens, because it sounds like you want that to happen?

Will it be possible to side with neither of the rivals? Or to just tell them they both can screw themself?

1 Like

The RO will appear in the story often since the Coven sticks together so they will appear in the story a lot. The Clubs are so you can have one on one interaction with them with out their friends to get closer. And I said small part because you guys were thinking it’s the main point of the story and I wanted to clarify that it’s not.

In some parts of the story a Coven member might ask you to hang out with them. Like for example Thomas will text your MC if he can bring you dinner from his family’s restaurant because your aunt is out of town. So stuff like that.

No it will only influence how they interact with you. Like for example your school will be in prisoned by a demon that is trying to find you for your power. The RO will tell your character to go to the Coven and they will deal with the demon but your MC will want to join them. If a character doesn’t like you they will tell you to go(but you can still go cuz they can’t force you) but if they like you they will accept you to join them and support your decision and will defend your decision.

Well there will be choices that the MC can make that they might not agree with but you are the Miraculum there main purpose is to get you to join their Coven so they won’t ignore you. And I guess you’ll have to wait and see.

It’s possible if your self confidence is high enough.

1 Like

What if you’re romancing one of the humans, or someone outside your coven?

The Ceremony to choose your Coven isn’t until very far along in the story(passed the demo) so you will have plenty of time to to be with the other RO in both sides. As for the Hunan RO they will be difficult to romance because you can only spend time with them at school to get closer with them if you want to romance them because they arnt witches so they won’t appear other than at school or certain parts.

Yeah, like my mc and fashion club, though he wouldn’t mind befriending Jane too, even if she’s not the gender he’s in any way sexually or romantically interested in. But really because he just wants to join the fashion club. Of course after that fashion atrocity we are forced to wear when we first get there my mc may never be able to recover from that and be able to build a reputation for actually being fashionable, no matter what he does afterwards. :cry:

On the other end of the scale while my mc is not at all artistically inclined, or well at least not to painting and sculpting and so on but that club does have the two hottest, prettiest guys in school therefore the only reason he would have to hang around that club is because of its members not because he gives a damn about the subject.

Or in case of the art club for my mc to tell Thomas and Zack he wants to screw them both equally. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I am not sure of everyone’s background but speaking from personal experience in testing for both AAA games and CoG games … the developer(s) are all unique and every single one of the “teams”/authors have different needs and processes.

@Sammysam - I am not singling you out personally but I think it is best we all stick to providing feedback for the author here.

Testing for AAA games and CoG games is very similar when you get down to the essentials. There are different layers of complexity but our role as testers and providers of feedback doesn’t really change. Whether the game is an Elder Scrolls title by Bethesda or one of @Cataphrak’s stories we as testers look for the same problems and issues.

@OracleD3 has a really strong foundation for a good storygame here but being honest have co-authors that don’t share the same vision is causing issues, even before the first release of a draft - this is something that Daniel and his friend is going to have to deal with sooner or later if they want to have a successful story published.

The issues with this WiP has more to do with expectations of the community and the conflicting vision of at least Daniel’s friend.

I’ll give a AAA example where this exact issue was present. When testing for ESO (Elder Scrolls Online) the community had expectations on how the bounty system would work. These expectations were a result of prior Elder Scroll titles and if these were not met or if the execution of these expectations was flawed then the community would have problems with ESO.

Here, A Witch’s Path has customization expectations set by prior CoG titles. In this community, if those expectations are not met there is going to be less acceptance of the game.

In both cases, as a tester, I pointed out these issues. (So have many others) I laid out my thoughts to the authors/developers but now it is up to the development team to take or leave my feedback - I am ok with whatever they chose to do because I am experienced enough and knowledgeable enough in my testing to know my feedback is legit and on point.

Every single person here has a legitimate PoV to present to the authors. Let’s concentrate on giving our feedback (accepted or discarded) to @OracleD3 and stop dumping on each other.

6 Likes

I will agree with you and @Sammysam , the Fantasy club seems the most cool club for me. I would like to join this club and still have the option to romance the girls from the other clubs.

Ugh tell me about it :unamused: I asked him if he could read some COG and HOG to understand how the story should be and to read how the programming works and he still hasn’t done it and said he doesn’t need too because he gets the idea of how it’s supposed to be. But I get it he’s busy :expressionless:

And also the pressure of wanting to do a good job :sweat_smile: lol.

Ugh more to worry about. Now I’m more than sure not to post the demo until the work is 100% and meets expectation or else I’ll feel like I failed.

I’m not dumping on people!?.. am I??? I hope not???

Well you can go to multiple Clubs and romance the girls but not all in one play through because of the rivalry system.

I think all of us (not singling out anyone) just needs to take a step back and be a bit more detached when giving you feedback - I was seeing this thread get pretty contentious and that type of in-fighting and feedback is not healthy for any of us.

I don’t mean to be disagreeable but to me it is obvious your co-author doesn’t get it. I really think you need to be more assertive (even if it is hard) and stand up for what you know works in this community. This is my opinion and ymmv but that is how I see it.

Edit: [quote=“OracleD3, post:1962, topic:20209”]
Now I’m more than sure not to post the demo until the work is 100% and meets expectation or else I’ll feel like I failed.
[/quote]

There is no way to 100% meet expectations, Daniel. Just completing a story-game will be a success and working on a title is a big accomplishment. All of us are learning and improving …

Even if we disagree this is your vision and for it to succeed, ultimately you are going to be the one that has to write it.

Collaborations are very hard to pull off - right now it is your vision and that vision of your friend that needs to be clarified, worked out and finalized. Nothing else will work to satisfaction until you and your co-author accomplish this.

Oh, and it is perfectly ok to tell me I’m wrong… I’ve been wrong before and have my own faults too. But I will tell you my honest feedback whether you want to hear it or not. @poison_mara takes a lot of gruff from people but she is one of the best testers in this community because she often points out perspectives that differ from the rest.

8 Likes

I didn’t mean romance every girl, I meant to go to the Fantasy Club while the option to romance one girl from another club remained open.

Well thanks for the good advice I’ll be sure to think it over. I just want everyone to like my ideas and like my work because I have so much ideas that I want to throw out there. And if this becomes a great read then I’ll finally have the confidence to do more! Anyways your very wise thank you again for the advice.

Yah you can choose to go to the fantasy club and go to another club next time to romance a character.

Your ideas are awesome. Stop doubting yourself in that regard.

1 Like

Lol thanks :blush: sometimes I feel like I should have done my first story idea A Child’s Fear but I really love this story and hope to make it as good as A hero rise series The Lost Heir and the other great story’s I’ve read on here.

1 Like

Why Have I summon here @Eiwynn ? Have I to do something? Like i don’t know the author I never post or look this wip. Is a troll free place?

No, I was saying you are an awesome tester - there are a lot of people giving feedback here - so if you don’t want to, that is up to you.

2 Likes

Could someone post the link?With the new post system i can’t found it.

There is no link yet; he is still in pre-production phase.