A Witch's Path (WIP)

I already said that I think that this system sounds like prioritizing a game mechanic over characterization.
Also, what when MC wants to hate both people in a club? That would be as impossible as liking both of them with opposing relationship stats. And that really makes no sense at all. I don’t care if my enemy hates my other enemy when I hate both of their guts…

1 Like

One of the outfits has leather.

Ummm I guess you can not join the club those two RO are in :confused:??? The Clubs are just a way to grow closer with the RO it doesn’t affect stats or anything??? Soooo…

1 Like

When asked you said that MC will have to meet Jane, because she is a main character:

So I assumed every main character will have a role for the story outside the clubs, and in that case being able to hate characters outside of the framework of their petty rivalities should be an option. But that will not work with opposing relationship stats.

I thought we anyway don’t join the clubs?

Also what about people that prefer to roleplay wihout metagaming? Those people may chose to visit those clubs because their MC would be interested in it, even when they can’t join? Not because of the ROs.

Your game is very conceptual in its current state (pre-WiP); there is a large focus on exterior aesthetics and identity as a whole. Because of this, everything is very detailed, down to canes and veils. So, choosing to leave out the option for those who don’t want to prescribe to gender norms is highly exclusive. I would like to think that most people play Choice and Hosted games as a form of escapism, if not pure fun. This community as a whole is very inclusive and open minded, which is what I love most about it!

So, if it’s possible to have grimoires and talking animals, then is it so out of the game’s realm of possibility to have the MC wear whatever clothing they see fit? Having the option to wear dresses or otherwise won’t take away from anyone else’s gaming experience; players will simply ignore it and choose what they prefer. I don’t get angry when I see options for my male presenting MC’s to wear dresses, I just choose what I want instead. I think is wise to make sure players don’t feel forced when playing.

If your game steers to more vague descriptions clothing, simply describing it by style, “You favor dark attire over colorful ones,” then I don’t think this would be a problem at all.

Which leads to my question; there is a whole lot of fashion and posting of concept images…but will these be drawn into the game, or simply described in extreme detail? If you’re working toward the latter, I think the emphasis should be less on pictures and more on working descriptions.

I understand wanting to please those who will play your game, and it must be a lot of pressure when you’re still working toward releasing it, I really sympathize with that. But that’s the point of testers; they help you see things that you may not have even considered. :blush:

16 Likes

I know it doesn’t make sense but I saw an opening and took it lol

Great another talented writer is viewing my WIP to add to the pressure :sob: I feel like I’m meeting a celebrity. And it’s not my choice to keep the outfits gender locked it’s my co authors and I got to keep him happy if I want him to edit my work.

The images are for reference material for me because I’m going to describe the outfits and want to do a good enough job were the reader knows what I’m talking about but also can imagine them. If I knew a artist that could draw the outfits I would add the image in a heart beat lol.

Thank you for the advice it helps… it feels like I’m talking to Queen Latifa :blush: lol!.. while I have you would it be weird to talk about Hades!? Yes right??? Ok I’ll stop…

2 Likes

You know that many of the people here also would be more than willing to edit your work if that’s the only problem, right? Or does your co author also much of the actual writing?

2 Likes

What I ment by that is that all the RO are going to introduce themselves to you and you can’t avoid not meeting them. And yes the characters will interact with you outside of the club because they are trying to make you join there Coven plus there are story events were they will be there.

It’s early in the morning!!! Am I supposed to be greatly specific :triumph:!!! When I said Join I just assumed you all would know I ment visit.

The Clubs main purpose is to romance or befriend a character, Clubs are more fun when you’re with your friends so if you want to join a club but don’t want to romance a character just be one of there friends and do the activities.

I’m only comfortable showing my work to friends and if they absolutely love it then I’ll have the confidence to post it because I’ll be happy my friends love it and say it’s good to post or show it to others.

Well that sounds like an unfair partnership. I’d hate for your creative liberty to be compromised due to your partner. If he’s the editor, then he should be responsible for spelling, grammar, continuity, etc (something beta testers on the forum are amazing at!). You’re the author, writing this story from your own imagination. The characters and plot are yours to control, imo.

I hope you two can sit down and have a talk about how you want the story to go and just where the creative boundaries lie. :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Some people don’t care for either friends nor romance but prefer to just do their thing though…some people may just do visit a club because they may think about joining because it aligns with their interests and gasp not because they want to find friends or anything. I know. Shocking…:rolling_eyes:

Will friendly interactions with the ROs outside the clubs also lead to a worse relationship with their rival?

What activities do you plan to give MCs that just want to pursue their hobbies? Outside the club I mean, when visiting a club will always end with some forced friendship/feud?

He helps me more than that, I tell him my ideas and he helps me grow them like this for example he helped me create the characters and a lot of the story events which is why he’s co author. True some things we might not agree on (like the dress for the White Coven) but if it’s something I really want I’ll fight for it… but might lose at if he gives a strong enough point.

Well I guess those people can just not go to a club after school and visit a Coven :confused: because the purpose of Clubs is for friendship and romance.

Yes if you choose to side with one over the other since they are rivals and hate each other.

Well the MC will visit a Coven after Club activities to practice magic such as spells, potions, and combat? Each Coven will help the MC with a different type of magic like you can visit the Night Coven to practice combat or White Coven to practice and learn spells.

So just not visiting the clubs will be not equal to hate both characters/anatagonizing them…

No, I meant instead of club activities. For MC to do what they like for fun.

Will there be plot related activities or do you see this as more interpersonal? Like I figure there’s a plot either way, but what’s s the priority?

Well the Coven activities are for boosting stats to help with certain story events so your MC doesn’t die, is that what you mean???

I think she meant if there are activities that will further the plot/aren’t completely optional. Or did I misunderstand that @aprilhare?

1 Like

Ummmm Learning magic at a Coven can be fun :sweat_smile:?

Um, I meant what I said. Are there activities related to the plot? Are you prioritizing relationships over plot? Or vice versa (though that’d be surprising, given this thread.) Since your responses to @Sammysam seem kinda perplexed that someone wouldn’t want to spend all/most of their time flirting and/or making friends, I got to wondering.

1 Like