A Witch's Path (WIP)

Honestly, at least for me, it’s not the fact that tuxes for women might not be made a choice, it’s the reason. No cane because it might impede dancing makes a lot more sense then women don’t wear tuxes (or something similar) to formal events. And they most certainly do. I have no problem with a decision to exclude something from a story, but I believe that there should be a valid reason.

Also, OracleD3 the dress choices so far look beautiful, but you mentioned something about a veil with a witch hat (possibly). How would that work, would you just put the hat on top of the veil, or would they be combined into one headpiece?

3 Likes

Sounds like a Burka to me.

I like how Night Coven goes all goth since I like dark colors so much. Too bad I’m a softy -w-"

Anyways, a question. About the grimoires, does this affect your offensive and defensive magic’s attack appearance or magic circles or effects? Like for example, Pain Illusion + Book of Lies may torture the inflicted person by making them think their flesh is getting torn apart by their love ones, or blah blah blah something.

Because I’m pretty sure they are not only for decorations, am I correct? If it does then dang…you have a lot of codes going on…

agree i also would say you need a good reason to do it but since we dont se how there work progress is then it might be so that the cloth parts it already partly written and that adding more stuff would mean erasing stuff to rewrite and i can tell you that that is not fun since depending on your stats and relationship there might be 6 different pages that need rewriting after wards now i of course don’t know this but its something people need to think about before demanding stuff i refused to rewrite 500 words i wouldn’t even think about rewriting 3000 words.

Umm I think it will be attached to the back of the witch’s hat or around the edges but leave the face open.

just going to say but a veil is supposed to be over the face that’s kinda the point of a veil

The Grimoires will do their own special thing and might boost certain stats but won’t do anything as drastic as that.

Some princess style veils only cover the back and shoulder. Just trying to keep it Witchy.

So the Night Coven formal outfit for Male MC will be this plus the cane @Hugana posted because me and my co author liked it a lot :

im thinking it would be more witchy if it coverd the face (this is the dark covent right?) and didn’t show her face it would bring a mystic and darker feeling around the person if they didnt show her face well thats just me

Yah but I’m trying to keep it like a traditional Witch as in dress and witch hat so the veil might only be accessorie to the White Coven formal wear.

Also to the male MC we have 1 official outfit name. YAY!!! I know it’s not much but hey, it means we’re actually working on it lol. So the first outfit for males is called:
Common Warlock it will be the male version of Modern Witch

2 Likes

If you want to throw a party over a cane, that’s your business. I, personally, would give up all of those things without a second thought for the gift of a story where clothing choices aren’t restricted based on narrow views of gender. (Which, yeah, I’m a dress girl but I think it’s a bad sign for where the game will go or refuse to go, feel bad for the people being excluded, like suits too, and lol I used to haaaate dresses because I was forced into them.) Plus this isn’t the first thing that @OracleD3 won’t budge on, two of which come to mind and I cared about them way more than a couple animals and an additional means of power fantasy.

4 Likes

thats like saying the witcher is excluding people becuse its a male mc everyone can play the game its your choice if you do or not.

2 Likes

The witcher isn’t really a choice game however? The point is that @OracleD3 wants to give the player much costumization, but those seem to end up more restrictive as just letting it open/vague enough for the players to imagine it by themselves. Honestly I rather have no description as one that disturbes my immersion…

And it’s also honestly something very weird to insist on and like @aprilhare says it leads me to wonder how gender roles will be treated for the rest of the game?

5 Likes

Yay second Male MC outfit has been named!!! The name of the second outfit is called:
Techno Caster
might change the name lol but at least we have another outfit for you guys! 2 more to go! I won’t tell you much but I will tell you that it includes headphones around the MC neck.

1 Like

Le Gasp :anguished: What are the other 2 I won’t budge on??? I honestly have no idea what the other things I won’t budge on???

And we have a 3rd outfit!!! Yes we are on a role!!! The third outfit for the male MC is called
Cloaked Winter
Just one more to go!

Yes finished with the outfits for the male MC! Wooooooo and as soon as we decided my friend passed out lol (it’s 3 AM here) so the last outfit is called
Adonis Gift
So the four outfits are called:

1. Common Warlock
  2. Cloaked Winter
  3. Techno Caster
  4. Adonis Gift
    Now I shall pass out as well! Hope you like the names they might change but the outfits are all good.

What are those outfits other then the “Common Warlock” one (which I totally still think would actually look a lot better if we did wear knee high boots with it)?
I guess my “blend into the background” choice didn’t make it? If so can we at least have the option to simply wear our “normal” fashion atrocity to it, you know the outfit the mc is going to be saddled with on the first day of school?

1 Like