A Witch's Path (WIP)

2 Likes

Why? Unless it has something to do with the story (and even then, I find any story that leans on strict adherence to gender roles as highly questionable at best) I dunno. If it’s just a personal, aesthetic preference then

You’re co-author’s, right? He’s not your dad or your boss? Then it’s both your faults. Just saying. I feel sorry for players who wanted that option. Right now, it seems like an arbitrary decision. (Sorry if this was rude or salty…I couldn’t think of a sweeter way to put it, since I’m not super sweet generally.)

6 Likes

lol he’s kinda my boss because with out him as s editor I wouldn’t be able to write this story. Got to keep him from quitting. And don’t worry this post wasn’t that bad because of The Parks and Recreation gif which is my favorite show lol.

1 Like

I just find it odd that a male who wears veils is so against a woman wearing a suit to a formal event. It’s not as if he strictly adheres to gender roles so I don’t feel that he has any right to judge them. :rage:

(If your editor isn’t the friend who wears veils then I apologize.)

Edit: Also I sincerely hope that there is a story related reason for the no suits for women issue. If there’s not then I honestly think you’re being kind of hypocritical. You love and support your male friend who wears veils; I’m sure you’d never tell him he can’t because he’s a man, and that you would be upset if someone else said that to him. And yet if there’s no story related reasoning for your editor’s decision than you’re, at the very least, allowing someone to do just that. (I’m sorry if this is too harsh or mean, but like I said before, I don’t like others telling me what I can or can’t do, especially if it’s none of their business or it doesn’t make any sense. This qualifies as both. Sorry again.)

2nd Edit: Rereading my edit, it really feels like I was maybe too harsh, I honestly never want to hurt anyone’s feelings, but I’ve been told that I can’t do something just because I was a girl. It’s an awful feeling. I just want you and editor to REALLY REALLY consider why it this is an absolute no-go. I honestly feel like maybe I’ve made too big a deal, or went off topic, and for that I apologize again. :sweat: This kind of thing is just very important to me and I ask that you two seriously reconsider the decision. Thank you.

4 Likes

No it’s not my friend with the veil it’s my best friend who’s helping me. And I guess the reason is that too both of us that kind of outfit too both of us says “business wear” the two of us didn’t see it as formal wear. It’s not a good reason but it’s just what we thought. We’re not girls so our fashion sense is basically what we see girls on tv wearing.

1 Like

Well again, it’s not my thing, personally I love dresses/skirts but I’m very much a “girly girl”, however it’s not uncommon to see some women wearing a tux for weddings and that is certainly a formal occasion.

6 Likes

I think my last example was a tux rather than a suit and I think it looks pretty damn good on her.

I think it’s kinda weird you told @Quaintrelle you were open to feedback on this stuff, but you (and your co-author?) have seemed pretty inflexible. Like, you didn’t care for being open-minded with dress/suit gender options, me and @Eiwynn’s problem with looking like brides, etc. (Best case scenario for a wedding dress with no wedding’s still arguably sad.) You don’t know much about this area–you just said so–but this feels like there could be more listening.

6 Likes

There’s that reasoning again. We thought it was weird. There’s a picture up there of Anne Hathaway at what appears to be an awards show. They are very much formal events. A woman wearing a tux ( or something similar) to a formal event isn’t odd and the only thing you’re proving is that you and your friend have a very narrow world view.

5 Likes

Why don’t you just not genderlock the choices? Like just provide the choice of a dress or non-dress for everyone. You don’t really have to find a specific example of a suit for a woman. Just give them the same options you would for a guy and vice-versa.

3 Likes

I understand writing what you know, doll, and yet that’s what this community is for, enlightening and showing new possibilities, sharing ideas, listening to new perspectives, learning, creating, including, welcoming all. I wear ball skirts even in winter and am a cis woman exclusively attracted to men. How many people would I be excluding from my game if I stayed within the realms of what I was familiar with? I don’t think it is as much about a fashion choice as it is about a feeling of archaic exclusion…

How does she not look astoundingly fancy?

9 Likes

I would have never guessed :green_heart::wink:

@OracleD3 Daniel - it seems your co-author has creative veto over everything and that is ok. However, please, if you do a beta test be sure that your co-author talks directly with your testers. One of the things that really pisses off many testers is having feedback go through multiple stages of filters without explanation or dialogue.

I went to Catholic schools growing up as well as public schools and even they were careful not to intertwine formal dress styles for specific events. What I mean here is this: Weddings were an event that a particular dress code and fashion was enforced. So was confirmation and first communion … the thing is the dress codes and styles for these are different enough that the girls were never clones - you never had “little brides” going to receive first communion.

That is the danger you are running into here (since fashion seems so important to your story) - this ceremony is meant to stand on its own and not be an imitation of a wedding … anyways, as I said before, I pointed the styles I thought appropriate but I feel there are some fashion rules most, if not all can agree on… its like wearing a slip under your sheer skirt.

4 Likes

But what if i wanted to wear a dress!? :disappointed:

1 Like

So my friend didn’t like my choice of dress for the White Coven formal outfit :sob: and he also helped me pick the dress for the Night Coven formal outfit. Let me know how you feel about his choices. Also I hear you guys and my co author said(before I posted) that if enough people wanted that idea then we would discuss adding that kind of outfit as a 5th choice. And sadly about the topic of allowing the MC wear both sets of outfits we just don’t plan on doing that so sorry :sweat_smile:. Any ways here’s his outfit choices from what I showed him:

1 Like

Well, I like the upper right one. It would fit my torso much better then the bottom one. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Awww no witch hat Q_Q

I do like

Thankfully I have no interest in being Night Coven, aside from the whole not wanting to be evil and enslave the world thing I’d never be caught wearing anything floor length in all black :fearful:

1 Like

The middle outfit will have this hat(maybe with the veil) if chosen:

1 Like

seemingly inflexible? he said ok to cane even when he said no in the beginning he added like 4 new animals cuz we told him to that was not originally plan so we could choose he let us decide forth power and now that we dont get 1 thing we want then all i hear is omg you don’t ever let us decide if there is anyone that’s inflexible it’s all you people that can’t accept things not going your way

4 Likes

Everyone’s feedback is valid.

It is up to @OracleD3 and his co-author to take or leave it.

4 Likes