A Witch's Path (WIP)

i think that it would be interesting knowing that the mc’s dad is still alive would create some interesting story opportunities plus it would be nice to know that the mc has not lost both of there parents

2 Likes

It 'add me sad too lol.

No the MC would know that he’s down the hall. Will also give the option to decide if your MC spends time with him through the years, daily, or if you just avoid the room.

I was thinking that too. Or have it be a dramatic moment where he wakes up on his own in a later book.

Yah I was thinking that too and also just liked the idea in general. Like the MC through the years would tell their father everything they can’t tell their aunt, and the father hears it all and wants to give comfort to you but can’t.

2 Likes

I would suggest you ask yourself: will this help the story, or is it just cool? If it will help the story, then add it in. If it will actively hinder the story, don’t. If it’s just cool, but won’t either help or hinder the story, well, then it’s up to you.

5 Likes

BEE AND PUPPYCAT! Also, If you haven’t seen the rest of the episode, the video isn’t as good.

2 Likes

wow thats sad as hell man but kind of sweet too i like it

2 Likes

Wait so you want him to be aware of his surroundings but he’s unable to do anything am i getting that right? Because if i am then thats even more sad because not only does the mc see his father everyday in a comatose state but the dad hears about all the mcs problems but cant do jackshit to help

3 Likes

Locked-in syndrome, I think is what it’s called.

2 Likes

Okay, I feel even more sad than ever.

2 Likes

Tried to find that episode but it’s not on it?

I was also going to have it where during the years when there magic build up was causing the MC pain your father would use all his strength to use his magic to heal you. So through out the years when you were with your father was the only time you didn’t have mind pulsing migraines or bone pain.

1 Like

This is making me sadder but I’m also really hoping you add this idea in (as long as it doesnt hurt the story)

1 Like

No I don’t think it will hurt the story in fact I was thinking when the father wakes up that’s when you have your cursed Locket taken off.

2 Likes

So not only does it not hurt the story but it also progresses it sounds like a win-win to me

1 Like

Yah I’m strongly considering add this as part of the story. But I’ll wait to see more options too.

1 Like

Yeah its always good to keep your options open.

1 Like

MC’s sob story, check.

3 Likes

It’s on VRV. The first half is on Youtube and the second half (this episode included, being that it’s the season finale) is on VRV and is completely free to watch. I recommend watching the entire series. It’s only five episodes and shouldn’t take too long.

Won’t really affect my mc cause…

My mc would simply choose to avoid that room, or likely increasingly avoided it more and more as he got more and more hideous and bullied himself and would have stopped at least some years ago by the present-day.
Since he’s apparently got to live with the Night-Coven later on the possibility that he’d even think of visiting again would be slim to none too.

Yeah, this could be more of a case of “nice to have” but I don’t really see it deeply affecting the story unless the plan is for dear old dad to wake up again in one of the later chapters or installments of the series.

Still since our aunt didn’t tell us about the witch-thing ever my mc would also increasingly begin to doubt the pretty-boy she keeps “on ice” really is his dad, instead of just her comatose lover.
Like I said my mc would probably have stopped visiting the guy by the time he was 11-12 at the latest.
If my mc ever felt better around the guy at all he’s likely attributing it to more scientific measures as he starts to get older.
For example if his aunt literally keeps the guy on ice or at least in a fairly cold and carefully temperature controlled environment it should be a fairly logical conclusion to make that it is cold instead of magic that helps him, particularly since in the real world forms of cryo-therapy are being researched to help deal with alleviating the pain and symptoms of migraines, cluster-headaches and certain forms of cancer, including the bone-affecting leukemia.

At least for the uninitiated yet fairly intelligent, like my mc hopefully used to be, “magic” is not an obvious conclusion to draw, nor is the comforting effect of “divine intervention” for someone like my mc who probably doesn’t believe in a god or religion either.

1 Like

I only have seen the first episode, may I ask what happened.

1 Like

It got crazy. Really crazy.

1 Like

Aw I don’t have VR but I want to see it.

Aw you wouldn’t even visit him on the weekends or something? Just leave him in that room to sleep with his own thoughts wondering if your ok.

Lol if your aunt tried anything I’m pretty sure your mom would come to her in her sleep and beat her up. No he’s not on ice the room is the same temperature as the rest of the house because he’s not dead. He’s just asleep and can’t wake up. Good news is that he doesn’t need food or water cuz his power of resurgence heals those problems away.

2 Likes