A Tale of Heroes (WIP) - 218k words. Updated 12/17/2023 with Chapter 6: Part One!

I want to know why Seeker disappears every now and then and where goes and what he does. He’s so secretive, not even the team knows.

1 Like

I think that Forlorn has an ego and a big one at that…well its better than my other theory at least. Also while I get where you’re coming from with the reassurance aspect I don’t think that would go down well. I mean even if he has an ego larger than his power level like I believe, he still prefers actions over words hence why he shuns the press and after all anyone can say they’re useful only a small few tend to prove it in the hero world.

I agree with everything else it would be nice to learn more about the Seeker role and his personal opinion on it.

2 Likes

I love all the suggestions so far! They’re great, especially the one about the Seeker role (i’m putting it in right now!), that’s one that looks really obvious now, in retrospect. :sweat_smile:

If you have any more, please don’t hesitate to bring them up! :smiley:

7 Likes

Adding onto the “why did you keep attacking someone who didn’t want to fight” question to Forlorn, a good follow-up for those who want to make this impact would be “are you just that used to ignoring when people look confused/terrified?”

1 Like

Aki’s preference in music
Lyrics are from: Powerwolf - Demons are a girl’s bestfriend.

10 Likes

That’s hillarious!

And I approve of that choice of music, though my favorite song would be “Fire & Forgive:grinning:

Bringing up the total word count to 72,000+ words, Chapter 3 is now completed and uploaded! Some tidbits on what to expect:

• Ungrateful bastard!!
  • Pillow talk.
  • You has left a message.
  • Haha leaks go vrrr
  • A history lesson!
  • All (modern) Heroes Are Bastards!
  • We do it for Him… And we would do it again!

I have added more than a few changes to previous chapters, so it is likely that your current saves will not work. I recommend that you begin a new playthrough!

Without further ado, here is the playtest link, go knock yourselves out!

But, after you do, I have a few specific questions I would like you to answer. Not a moment before, however, for they contain spoilers!

Questions for Chapter 3 (Remember, finish the chapter first, or you run the risk of being spoiled!)

What are your thoughts regarding The Broken King and The Blitz Queen? Include what is mentioned in their profiles, as well!

Do you feel the reveal in-story proper serves well enough as an introduction for the two of them?

What, exactly, do you think is going to happen to Stratton after this rather… colossal fuck-up? Where do you see him going from here on out?

After the possible conversations with Seeker and Forlorn near the beginning of the Chapter, has your opinion on either of them shifted in any way? Forlorn is, surprisingly, a lot more open with his feelings than Seeker is. Did their convos leave you with answers? Questions? Theories? Please, let me know!

That is all! Once again, I hope you have fun playing, and do let me know your thoughts on this chapter!

24 Likes

Before I read this I have a life or death question. What anime is that last gif from?

According to Google search, that is Yuri on Ice!!, a skating anime. I’m afraid I can’t tell you more, I don’t watch it myself, I just got the gif from Google Images. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep, it is Yuri on Ice.
I have a very hate-love relationship with it, but at least I can confirm what it is!

Wait is the game finished?

Oh dear, no, not at all! :sweat_smile: There’s still lots of content to come, we’re nowhere near finished. This is, at most, the end of ‘Act I’ for your heroes.

My current outline is for approximately 10 chapters, though it might grow or slim down by one as things go on.

1 Like

Well thanks, it’s a very good story. Quick question, can we replace Dark Star with Mars? If given proper training Mars can go to heights such as Daredevil.

1 Like

Thank you for the compliment! :grin:

As for swapping Mars and Dark Star around, well… Mars responds directly to the US President, so it would really depend on Stratton…

In normal circumstances, anyway. Who knows what may happen now…

Finally got around to the update, must say I really enjoyed it and now I’m left with more questions than answers but I guess those will be answered in the following chapters. I’m referring to our subconscious-self and who this threat is and who the king is and if he’s even alive still ,that aside thx for the update :innocent: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I’m real happy to hear you enjoyed the update! It took me longer than I thought it would, but it’s arguably the chapter i’m most proud of.

As for your questions, yes, you can be assured that it all will be revealed eventually! This is all stuff I have had planned out since I began brainstorming this story, so I intend to try my best :grin:

Once again, thanks for the compliments!

3 Likes

Oi @Jjcb

1 Like

Oi @Jjcb

if it isn’t

1 Like

Thank you guys for telling me what anime that is. Now I have two theories.

1. The King and Queen would be the threat that our dream selves are talking about.
  2. Lat (best girl btw) and the MC have some sort of link to those two and the threat is probably related to the first villain…kinda makes sense XD.

As for our brave president he is done in my opinion…though considering I beat up a bunch of innocent people just now he can deflect and come out looking better than he went in. But anyway I loved the update can’t wait for the next one.

2 Likes

Well, in this case, Ignis is referring to the theater group that you have just subdued, remember that you don’t know there’s more to it until Mars’ recording.

Most likely, yes. As I mentioned a bit above, there are a few new variables in the startup file so save files are likely to be broken since they lack them :sweat_smile:

Ouch, poor civvies! :face_with_head_bandage:

And you’re right! If there’s anything Stratton is good at, it is deflecting. But still, couldn’t this whole catastrophe technically be blamed on him? He willingly put himself into such a risky and dangerous situation, after all… :thinking:

Both possible events! Mars’ life and job are both going to drastically change very soon, so you will definitely see more of him for now.

4 Likes