A Tale of Heroes (WIP) - 218k words. Updated 12/17/2023 with Chapter 6: Part One!

No polys in this one.

Shame. Kinda wanted a Lat and Ignis poly.

Ignis is a doomed ro since she has seeker so it couldn’t happen. Ignis is only good for emotional damage

2 Likes

Ignis told me she originally wanted a Seeker/mc poly option :wink:

1 Like

If she’s a doomed ro then why is she listed as an option?

1 Like

I kinda wanted Ignis to myself. If a another woman was involved, I might consider it depending on who it is.

1 Like

because it is part of the story, she wasn’t originally even an ro, just always meant to get with seeker. Eventually she was added as an option but no matter what, she will get with seeker, that has already been made clear for a while. think of it how you want but that’s just how it is going to end up, personally i always go ignis route because i want to be able to have inter party conflict when she inevitably breaks up with me for seeker.

3 Likes

TBH I would not be opposed at all to a Seeker/MC/Ignis poly, would be a funny resolution to the plot.

The author has written about considering some polys, specifically Mars/MC/Nova and Lat/MC/Aki. Those are still speculative at this point though, and would be a game 2 thing.

2 Likes

There are plenty of games with Mc as the point of a V-poly. Be interesting to have one where you can choose to be a branch. I doubt it would be popular and would take some effort to write effectively, but I can’t think of any games with that as an option and now I’m curious.

2 Likes

@apple is correct, I’ve considered both Lat/Aki/MC and a Mars/Nova/MC poly paths. I haven’t fully decided yet- I am definitely not experienced with polyamory, and while I can see how these relationships could make sense in my mind, it’s a bit harder to put it all onto ‘paper’, unless I make the MC have a lot more ‘forced’ interactions with these two groups.

That said, polyamory is getting brought up in these books anyway, so it’s not like it’ll come out of nowhere.

…Besides, the sheer irony of having Aki romance not only the MC, but also Latooni has me about 60% convinced already. You guys have no idea.

Also, as funny as this would be, I’m afraid it cannot happen. Sorry!

15 Likes

I’ve always longed for a good superhero story, and this one is checking all the right boxes: already strong mc that will surpass their mentors through hard work and other uh mysterious factors; detailed and awesome fight sequences; cool yet complex characters that feel like real people aaand world-building that is actually interesting enough for me to read everything twice (as a non detail oriented person a.k.a a dumbass, that is very impressive so good job lol). Basically i’m hooked.
Had a question tho: I’m confused as to why Ignis is still an ro since, as far as I’m aware (while reading the comments about this topic) she will ultimately be with Seeker? It would make more sense if she were a fling or smth like that since an ro kinda would make u assume that, ultimately, you’ll wind up together so yea lol

2 Likes

If its a optional thing you wanna pursue, go for it. Poly ain’t my jam though.

4 Likes

What? Ignis is a doomed ro? Man that’s dissapointing. I hope sweet revenge is an option for playing us like that.

3 Likes

To be fair it was obvious since there are several points showing that she will eventually get with seeker. Just endure the emotional damage for now. I’m sure we get back at her in some form

8 Likes

You got best girl Latooni willin’ to go all the way and even get in a poly relationship with you and Aki but y’all are still dyin’ on this Ignis hill. Her mouth must feel like a Hoover Deluxe lol

1 Like

Don’t really care for Ignis much but I do think Seeker needs to be knocked down several pegs and be humbled hard at some point. I’m just sick of his “oh I wanna be drunk 24/7 and be an asshole to everyone” act, that shit is starting to get old.

6 Likes

To be fair, I don’t think Ignis is playing the MC. She appears to be making a good faith attempt to reciprocate the MC’s advances, but unfortunately, just like real life, romance/feelings can be complicated, and good intentions don’t always equal happy results for all involved.

(The following is less of a response to Leon_Kincoln and more my stray thoughts on the Ignis romance generally)

For this reason, while I understand some individals’ wishes to react negatively to the potential Ignis/Seeker romance, I hope options are included for the MC to be a bit disappointed, but quick to forgive, either out of necessity for the good of the team/mission, and/or because the MC’s own romantic feelings hadn’t fully developed yet.

After all, both Ignis and the MC have been very busy (no not in that way) since the romance started, and it’s certainly plausible (though not the only acceptable outcome) to roleplay as though the MC’s feelings have simply not been afforded the opportunity to develop into anything more than a mere crush.

Further, it is my opinion (and just that) that the definition of an "RO’ does not necessarily have to include the fact that they and the MC will live happily ever after. Rather, I view it as something more along the lines of someone the MC can have romantic interactions with that has some sort of impact on the story.

I believe this complements my general view that providing meaningful choices to the player does not have to include the player/MC getting everything they want. If the MC/player fails in what they wanted to accomplish, but did so in a way that meaningfully impacts the story and other characters, that is an example of the player’s choices having an impact. As such, the MC’s pursuit of Ignis can still be a worthwhile path even if they don’t end up together so long as it (being the romance) has an interesting impact on the story. The demo already has some sweet romantic moments between Ignis and the MC that are worthwhile to read and enjoy. Example (paraphrasing):

“Oh, you were totally flirting with me just then, weren’t you?”

“Yeah, pretty hard too”.

That all said, Latooni > Aki any day of the week.

19 Likes

I have to say, the desire to get “revenge” on Ignis or to “pay her back” in some way for not choosing the MC is… kinda gross. It’s something a lot of women have to deal with in real life, “how do I turn this person down without them freaking out”, and to see it repeated by real people towards a fictional character is saddening. Her relationship with Seeker predates her meeting the MC, and ultimately it’s her choice whether or not to continue a relationship with the MC as those older feelings develop. She shouldn’t face reprisal for not having everything 100% figured out.

24 Likes

The media in the game would like a word with you about that. But seriously though, it doesn’t help the entire situation is being caused by Seeker blatantly stringing her along, as you can see at the dinner thing at DC. And it doesn’t really help anyone at this point but I wouldn’t blame Ignis, I would place the blame at Seeker alone.

But that’s part of the reason why I decided to dump the rich girl a long time ago and go for Lat. Miss me with that failed romance shit :joy:

5 Likes

I think people only say things like " revenge for not picking the mc" is prolly due to the fact that they think that Ignis in this situation is just playing around, while the mc is prolly taking things pretty seriously.
While I think her interest for the mc is def real, it clearly won’t outshine old feelings.
On the other hand, the mc in this situation doesn’t really leave unhurt (obviously) regardless of how “easily” they’ll take the “dump” later on. It’s complicated to say the least.
And while I realize that what they have is barely a serious relationship, knowing that the mc (at least mine) will be giving his all to make it work and to know that Igris is like what 50% in it, is a bit disheartening.
I think, for me, after the whole talk about her relationship with Seeker, i would really like a choice of no longer pursuing her romantically, since i, personally, am not really a fan of what u call “situationships”. Tho since knowing that it’s a doomed route i just go with lat or aki lol
Sorry if i come off as ignorant, tbh i dont really have a lot of experience in relationships so if it shows i apologize lol

9 Likes