A steampunk amazing work: Paul Shapera - The Dolls of New Albion

Do you like opera? Do you like steampunk? Do you like music and lyrics with emotion and pathos?
You really have to listen to this, you can find it on youtube searching for “The Dolls of New Albion”. Seriously you have to give it a try, listen to the lyrics, feel the music inside yourself… I am desperately in love with the story and I would pay millions to see a movie about it or a book as well! :grinning::grinning:
Am I the only one who knows about this gem or is anyone else a huge fan?

This is the link to the Opera

Oh man!!! No idea what this is but that description is getting me p excited. Definitely gonna check it out!! Thanks for sharing lol.

I suggest you to listen it with the lyrics if you’re not english because the world building and the history is so well written and fresh… it doesn’t tell just the story of a couple of people. And the characters are so enticing, lgbtq+ friendly but not in an obnoxious way, it is like watching a wonderful story for people like us who can use our immagination to picture what’s happening!
It talks about love, depression, anger against society, thrill about the unknown and crave for peace and a better world…
Seriously I beg everyone to give it a try, you will fall in love with it!

PS. it has some suicide themed scenes which can be a little bit disturbing for sensitive people but it’s treated with respect and not in a crude way, but nonetheless be warned.

(sorry if I keep writing here, I swear this will be the last thing I say and then no more spam :cry:)
And if you don’t have the patience to listen to all the opera try at least to listen to the 4th act… even tho it is a spoiler for all that happened before.
You’ll need to listen to New Albion 4 for context, so you can apreciate Priscilla And Jasper Play Cards and The Day They Come because the music and words are so full of emotions!
(Expecially The Day They Come)
Last time I spam, sorry again everyone… I just love this so much!

This is incredible :astonished: …thank you so much for sharing! I’ve only heard the overture and i’m playing New Albion 1 on repeat. As soon as I heard that, I was hooked. excited to hear what happens.

Wait till you hear New Albion 2 and you find out what happens to the Red Dwarf xD I love that part

Man, its been a while, i have the songs NA act 1 and 2 on my phone (forgot their actual names) but yea, ive been meaning to listen to the rest of the album but never had the chance x.x

Oh, Act 2 is such a conflict, because at the start I was really feeling for Edgar for being dumped by his girlfriend but then I see how he reacts to rejection and I was all “WTF?”.