A 'Regular' Life in New York (WIP) (Updated 7/07/19) (Important Poll Post 191) (With Discord Server! post 180)

I can understand this, i have no problem with the content of your story (actually i quite like it). I’m just worried that if too many people complain about crude writing, this topic could be closed, and honestly i don’t really want this

For reference I’m a American that had a slight bit of influence by British dark humor. (Lived there for a while)

And I’m not seeing anything that I can really say is outright crude seeing as we were warned beforehand of potential crude humor that’s like complaining that the stove burned you when your dad told you as a child don’t touch, it’s hot and could burn you.
I mean we were warned. It’s at the top message right above the link. If they find it’s crude and complain well I find it silly.

8 Likes

Heya! Sorry for not constantly updating you guys on the progress, but unfortunately, I do have to say that not much has been done. There’s a multitude of reasons, from school to actual person issues, that I have to deal with, but that doesn’t mean I haven’t given up!

On progress news, technically I have achieved 18% of my goal for writing this year! Which is much more than I anticipated. I’m aiming to at least get the Prologue, January, February and March chapters done by the end of the year, so stick around!

As consolidation, have a lil scandalous Jumaz I drew

Once again, our discord is still up and running!.. I just need to fix the links :laughing: Edit: Links should be up and running now!

Thank yall for being patient and I hope to get the minor update soon

16 Likes

Knowing that it’s still been worked on is enough to keep us waiting(especially since it’s clearly a big game).
I’ll just keep teasing my snake/shark duo.

2 Likes

Hey thanks for the progress report! I just wanted to let you know A Regular Life in New York was one of the first Hosted Games I ever came across. That was probably around October of last year and it remains in my top 3 favorite WIPs. I’ve played it about a dozen times and now I’m going to go play it again.
Don’t stress about rushing to push content out! I think we can all agree slower progress with things done well is better than faster progress with things done poorly.

PS: Thanks for the Jumaz drawing! He’s my #1 RO <3

3 Likes

Just a quick post! Will reply to any comments right after I finish the minor update, but I just wanted to share another lil drawing of Jumaz because I like it!

Heck, the drawing may even be a lil sneak peak to the ‘June’ Chapter owo

A special lil cheetah

5 Likes

Ah. I read this a while back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Now I’ve read it again and boy do I still love it.

Also…I have no mouth and I must scream, excellent reference there.

2 Likes

So… it’s been a while hasn’t it?

We are back and we are here with a new minor but still rewarding to release update. But let’s get this FAQ done and over with. So where have I’ve been lately?

Ever since the detective update hit, I’ll be honest, I felt really burnt out, and this was an extremely bad burn out, one of my worst honestly. I’ve transferred to a more difficult curriculum/high-school earlier in the year and I just didn’t have the motivation to work. But after some local motivation from my seniors, I’ve gotten my motivation back and am finally done with exams…for now! :laughing:

So will there be another large update soon? Well, I hope so! The assassins update should come into fruition a little more faster heh, and I’ll try my best to get it a little bit done earlier than this tiny little thing :sweat_smile:. But besides that, I’ve been making a little bit of misc. art on the ARLINY discord as well, so I’ve been doing something at least! Anyways, I’m hoping to release three chapters by the end of the year (Prologue, January and February Chapters) as that overs 20% of the game, so I better get writing before the end of the year heh.

Now, I’m actually looking for specific responses to this update:

• When Yomiel first meets you, does he do an insult specific to your species?
  • Is there any outstanding ‘cliche’ lines that I can change to be more of my own thing?
  • I made a lot of references throughout the game, are there any particular ones that are now ‘outdated’?

These are just specific things I need to look out for, if you have another comment to add, just add it! It may help me in the future :grin:

Now onto more other matters, July is actually the month that aRLiNY was first posted! So cheers to my little baby of a WiP! :birthday: Convenient for an update to be uploaded, heh. :smile:

So what does this update include?

Details
  • Another ‘what do you think of…’ scene again!

• Introduction to the Assassins

• Introduction to the infamous husband and the final RO!

• A new species! Deer is now available for choosing as inspired by @peaches

• Some more flirting scenes for the Chefs!

• A bit more shy flirting scenes as recommended by @Anathema near the beginning!

• Shhhh this is an old secret, but choose ‘Make another cake’ when doing Jumaz’s test, you may get a secret option…

Now that I have returned, I should be more active on my Tumblr now, so ask away! :sparkles:

Thank you all for being patient, and I’ll see you all… for some assassinating :smiling_imp:

29 Likes

Glad you found the time for an update and I’m looking forward to the assassins.
Btw are we choosing only one job?

1 Like

Thanks!

Yes, you will only be able to choose one out of six careers for your play-through. However, you will still interact with the other jobs during each ‘month’, so if you selected the ‘chef’ occupation, you would still be able to interact with the ‘detectives’ on certain chapters.

5 Likes

Forgot to ask this, but in regards to the next update, I’m just wondering what y’all would prefer: an update that just contains the exploration scene for the Assassins or a regular moderate update (exploration and the tests)?

This is mainly just to ask: would you rather have more frequent updates with a decent amount of content, or just the regular moderate updates that I’m used to doing.

• Just the exploration scene!
  • I’d rather have the normal update (exploration and test)!
  • Y’know what, lets make it bigger (exploration, test and introduction to the next occupation)!

0 voters

3 Likes

Be sure let me know when the next update is out! I like it!

1 Like

Sounds fun

i hope you are doing ok

1 Like

@Takashi_Shin
Did you intentionally wrote that just to keep this thread open? :wink:

4 Likes

Happy Halloween! I’m still in love with Jumaz!

2 Likes

@Foxboi Feel free to PM me or any moderators or leaders once you want this thread re-open.