A Pioneers Life

But we’ll be seeing a lot of hunting activities during the trail, right? And all kinds of wild games, including the vicious velru? Which you did mentioned that it will required a jagowary as hunting companion if we’re to bring one down, does that means that it’ll take some trainings on the Jag as well?

The Jag is just there to help get over rough terrain and carry food back when hunting. The Tusari is for help with hunting. & each animal is already trained.
& yes, we’re planning on a lot of hunting activities.

Currently working on the rot variable; its a hidden variable that says which route you’re on. After you get to the main beginning spots (Hunai Watchtower or Rika) there will be a new temp variable for different events that can happen (getting sick, being attacked, ect)

Edit (see below):
New vicious animal that can attack randomly:
Ponoon - large Komodo dragon like creature, very fast & poisonous, cannot be hunted

2 Likes

So all I can only do to those lizards is firing off my rifle/long bow/short bow to drive it away from the caravan group?

Only way to drive off a Ponoon is to have spare meat. They are very territorial & not much can drive them away (aside from another larger Ponoon). If you have at least 1 lb of meat, you will automatically throw it to them and they will be preoccupied in tearing apart while you & the caravan leave in a hurry. If you have no meat, it will severely injure you and possibly kill an animal before leaving. There will also be a random chance you will get Noon Sickness if attacked by it (do not ask what what is yet, we are not working on sicknesses yet)

1 Like

Sounds like trouble after getting hit by dragon bad breath…

Here is a list of animals & their descriptions (some are copied from the game, this is not every animal in the game):

Alliwecs - Standing at 6 feet tall a the shoulder, with severely curved horns on each side of their horse-like heads, 3-toed cloven hooves, and bushy tails
Ostella - Standing at 3 feet tall at the shoulder, with sharp little horns on the ends of their canine-like snouts, thick and long green-yellow fur, and tiny hoofed feet
Elora - Its short flat snout, similar to willin boars, snuffle around in the dirt absently. Its thick pelts is snow-white despite them rooting around in the mud. Its strangely round ears are pricked however, lifting the pelt just enough to show the little knubs on their foreheads. Its cloven back feet are dug into the mud, while its 4 toed front paws root around for interesting things in the mud.
Tusari - Their strange long and narrow snouts wiggle around, trying to wrap themselves around another kits leg or snout or tail. Their sightless eyes are clear and shiny. Every one once in awhile their long tongues flick in and out, using their senses to detect where someone is. While they are sightless, they aren’t exactly blind. Tusari sense things by smell and heat vision, similar to snakes. Their front most legs, ending in almost human like fingers, are used for digging and gripping. Their middle legs, ending in a large wolven-like paw with webbing between the toes, are useful for swimming. Their hind legs, ending in flat 2-toed paws, are used for running.
Jagowary - Standing at 5ft tall at the shoulder, with long shaggy fur, its beady bird-like eyes watch you. It’s long tapered and slight curved beak clicks as you approach, while its hooves paw the ground nervously. The front hooves are curled into something that resembles a birds foot, but its still a hoof. It’s short glossy tail feathers twitch.
Velru - A large bulky black or brown furred animal, stands at 6 feet tall at the shoulder on all 4’s or close to 8 feet tall when standing on hind legs, long fox-like snout with bristly pink nose, paws are long-fingered and agile (like a human almost), tail is thick and whippy like a crocodiles, legs are thin, very fast & makes a short high pitched huffing sound or shrieks when angered
Ponoon- large komodo dragon like creature with spines alone back, short blunt snout with short blunt teeth, covered in fine small feathers, legs are long but bend outwards giving it a squashed appearance, can move as fast a weasel surprisingly for its size and is very territorial and vicious, is venomous & source of Noon Sickness, cannot be eaten due to venom in the meat

2 Likes

Unfortunately I will be unable to post things for awhile, or update any games. I am being admitted to a hospital again but this time i know I won’t be out for a few months and am unable to bring my phone this time. Will contact the admins when I am able to update my forums.

1 Like

Hey bit late reply but get well soon, the game seems very unique and promising!

I love the inventory/ item management stuff

So I am back, I am getting better, but unfortunately I am slow to start my work at the moment. It may be some time before I am able to focus on it fully (or even partially) because my health is my priority, and I am working with a doctor on how I can get “back to normal”.

I am making this post in my other 2 games.

Hoping I can work soon!

5 Likes

Any chance we can have a list of Romance Options?

Unfortunately while romance is an option, it is not important at all. It gives u a family but drains ur personal resources faster

3 Likes

Still working guys! This game just isn’t the first priority at the moment (occasionally scanning it for little bugs while I work on other things)

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.