A Pioneers Life

I cant post it at the moment, but can after 530 est (away from their laptop). I could describe it now but I would rather paste the games description

If you say so, just canā€™t wait for the new updates to come.

Yeah, it happens from the small wagon to the carriage ā€“ the small cartā€™s numbers seem to be correct.

Itā€™s not that big of a deal since we get alliwecs to start with when we choose the wagon, but since the descriptions are inside the choices to look at the animals we canā€™t really compare them. The lock out is also a bit sudden after the weapons/tools/other supplies where you can look at each section at your own leisure. Perhaps there should be a warning that the choices will be locked out if you donā€™t buy the animals immediately. :thinking:

Standing at 5ft tall at the shoulder, with long shaggy fur, its beady bird-like eyes watch you. Itā€™s long tapered and slight curved beak clicks as you approach, while its hooves paw the ground nervously. The front hooves are curled into something that resembles a birds foot, but its still a hoof. Itā€™s short glossy tail feathers twitch. A few others are digging in the dirt in a pen, while a couple more are spearing fish from a barrel in another.
The one in front of you is glossy black with dark blue tail feathers and a dark blue-tinted beak, and with blue-brown fur. Its hooves are black and the front ones have recently been trimmed you notice. The neck is thick and slightly longer than you usually see on Jagowaryā€™s.
These are useful beast. They can carry up to 50lbs ust in their saddlebags, while also carrying a person. They are excellent swimmers and can navigate uneven terrain with ease. They detest yokes though so they are never used to pull plows or carts. Most of them are temperamental when they get older, but this one looks to be a yearling.

Jagowary in Larsrey

@expectedoperator weā€™ll fix that ^^

4 Likes

A question: the longneck rifleā€¦something like the Kentucky/Pennsylvania Long Rifle isnā€™t it?

I honestly have no idea. Neither of us know much about guns in general, let alone a specific kind. They just know that they want a rifle in the game as the type of gun used.

Then I guess itā€™ll be okay if we take the Kentucky/Pennsylvania Long Rifle as the basis, since thatā€™s the most common rifle of the time used by pioneers during the Oregon Trail as far as I knowā€¦ Oh! about the Jagowary, will we be able to purchase one or two of them at the market before setting off?

I have fond memories of Oregon Trail. Looking forward to seeing how this turns out!

1 Like

I used Switch zoo & this is kind of what a Jagowary looks like

2 Likes

Is their a achievement for not dying of dysentery.

Coming in the next update:

New Playable Races:
Halflings - small and tough, excellent cooks & a boost in anything relating to trade & talk
Orcs - strong & sturdy, can only do physical jobs, very good for traveling but makes trading very difficult in cities

Jobs have been redone (same info, but now has been separated into choices relating to your starting city)

New animal:
Jagowary - the equivalent to a horse, this bird-headed beast carries extra food & can help you over rough terrain

Travel Pace - your pace (which can be chosen after reaching the Sidra River, Hunters Lodge, or Abandoned Home) determines if you lose any Morale, can determine your random event (will list them later), and even how much food you use

Route Info Page: Route Info tells you about the current stretch you are traveling. Gives info about possible animals, terrain, certain landmarks, ect

4 Likes

@hexfur, is there a reason why I canā€™t buy the Jagowary if I went to purchase the other beasts of burdens before purchasing a Jagowary?

Is it grayed out after you buy something else? Or does it disappear?

It simply disappearedā€¦

Iā€™ll definitely see what happened with that.

Edit: Ok, I saw the problem. It had the wrong *goto if you chose Yes for getting a Tusari kit. Took you to Tulaci animal market, which did not have a Jagowary

Edit 2: Fixed & uploaded

So Iā€™ll have to buy a Jagowary first, before going for the other beast of burdens?

This game is fascinating!

@Murdockchan No. You can choose each animal before buying a different one. The mistake was the *goto in the Larsrey Stables that Tusari kits led to the Tulaci Stables. But thatā€™s been fixed.
Completely optional to buy anything

Well, I have some more questions considering the Jagowary, which is currently my first favourite beast of burden:

Are there any Jagowaries in the wild? If there are, will the player be able to round up a few of them and tame them?

Are there any colour variations within the Jagowary?

And how long can a Jagowary live?

1 Like

Jagowaries can be found wild, but way up in the mountains and near the Sura Lake. But they cannot be tamed; Jags need to be tamed almost from birth to be able to take a saddle, and almost from 6 months to get used to humans. In the wild they are very hard to get close to, let alone capture. The Jags in the game have all been long domesticated from their bloodlines, so they are slightly different than their wild counterparts.

Yes. It various from Jag to Jag, but color is just for show. Will have nothing to do with the game itself. Just adds a bit more text and lets me be creative with my creatures (which the author has given me full control of anything to do with animals, except how to hunt them).

About 15-20 years if their taken care of. 12-17 years in the wild

3 Likes