A New Pulse - First Bite WiP

Hi the link you gave out doesn’t seem to work…mind sending out another one?

@Nocturnal_Stillness mind sending out a new link? The old one doesn’t seem to work

I was really excited for it then link doesn’t work. :’(

@fox_vixen @Dark_Stalker

Try this link

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/82599458/A%20New%20Pulse%20-%20First%20Bite/dfabulich-choicescript-59af6ab/web/mygame/index.html

1 Like

Hi, I haven’t played this in a while so this may already have been mentioned, but I noticed you added an option to try to save Viviene if you get into the building fast enough. While I assume it’s not actually possible to save her, it seems a bit odd that you can actually get to her before she’s dead but then don’t try to help her immediately after you defeat the vampire.

In that variation she is supposed to die while you are fighting. I’ll try and make it clearer.

I figured that, but yeah, I assumed that she’s supposed to die no matter what. It just seems odd that your character acts the same way you would if you’d sneaked in through the window and never seen her at all even if you find her still alive. Although if she’s lost enough blood to have bled out beyond saving in the short time it seems to take you to fight the little girl vampire wouldn’t she already be too weak to do any shoving when you found her? For that matter, wouldn’t it make more sense to try to perform some sort of first aid before trying to move her since she’s apparently got an open bleeding wound? I mean, I guess I’m just assuming here, but it seems like a vampire hunter would learn first aid. One of the possible careers is actually paramedic.

@Shoelip

Vampire hunters do tend to know basic first aid, when I wrote the scene I was going by the assumption that a hunter would want to take out the vampire before putting down their weapon so they can help someone. But you make a valid point especially about the paramedic background. I intend to have that choice of career you left behind having an effect on how things play out (i,e Private Investigators will clean up the blood off the glass if they cut themselves climbing through the window) and being able for a paramedic being able to save her would increase the replay value.

Hm, being able to save some lives would definitely make the character feel a bit more heroic.

@Shoelip

My intention is to have a shorter game than Unnatural (aiming for the 100k word mark) but still with replayability. Both Alexis and Sebastian can die due to your actions but both can live. Also Blackwood and Knight can either hinder or help depending on how they feel about the MC.

Ah, that’s cool, though I was specifically referring to Viviene in this particular case. She’s certainly a mystery, being dead from basically the moment you meet her, and having her personal information mysteriously classified by some higher power…

@Shoelip

Oh I know I was just explaining how I am trying to approach the game (and how suggestions like being able to save/treat Vivienne are useful :slight_smile: )

I chose to talk to Sebastion first and now I’m stuck with “showing him my prototype weapon” even though I’ve already done that.

I think I got the same problem when I talked to Alexis.

Should be fixed now.

Currently one of the options for fighting the little girl vampire is “Throw the .”

I also noticed that in the scene where you’re talking while driving that talking to Sebastian has each subject disappear when you use it except the prototype weapon subject, but talking to Alexis does not have any of the subjects disappear. Just an odd inconsistency.

So what is the dead hunter’s actual name? Sebastian calls her Jennifer but the detectives call her Vivienne. Was she supposed to have an alias or is one of them wrong?

@Shoelip

That means a variable didn’t set properly. I’ll fix the conversations too.

I’ve been kinda struggling lately and most of my writing is coming in drips and drabs so things aren’t blending together too well.

I so want to see this finished , I like it allot

@CrossOver

That’s a good question I’ll have to check as I can’t remember!

@jcury

I want this finished ASAP as it’s delaying Unnatural season 2.