A New Guild Master (WIP) Updated 01/07/18 [On Hiatus]

“Axis guilds”
holds my Eris order charm
Oh no

But seriously, lovable writing and a good premise for a game. Will be looking foreword to future updates

1 Like

Is that a KonoSuba reference I see~

But yeah. Thanks! Hope you enjoy future updates!

1 Like

I really liked the demo! I’ve always been fond of medieval fantasy settings and simulation games. So these two things combined? Pretty awesome.

Also, will players be able to name the guild from a list of choices in the future? It’s hard for me to come up with a guild name on the spot, and I can’t think of any good ones.

Thanks! And yes, there is a simulation aspect of the game.

For the guild name, I feel like you should just take your time choosing one. I don’t think it’d be nice to keep shooting a “change your guild name” choice anywhere. Your guild name should be what you wanna be known as in the game, not something that can be changed on the fly.

Is there magic in this world? It wouldn’t appear as such.

Cute story! It reminds me of this one guild I used to be in when I was into MMOs. Man, I miss my old friends so much.

I just have one burning question, though: is there a reason you called the woman in the story Althea? Not that there’s a problem with it, it’s just out of curiosity more than anything.

1 Like

@Baam
There will be. Very soon actually!

I just really like the name! XD It’s from a game I really liked on the DS called Luminous Arc 2. And incidentally, the main character’s name is quite similar to my irl nickname.
Also, really happy that it can remind you of such a time! Glad to know that the story can be relatable to some

1 Like

Hey! Sorry, I should have been more clear. What I meant to ask was, in future versions of the game, would the player be able to select a guild name from a list of pre-made ones? I’m not asking that you change the guild names whenever, I imagine that’d be pretty inconvenient in the context of the game.

1 Like

Oh! Sorry, I must’ve misread when I replied. Yes, this can be done in the future! It’ll just take me a while to think of some names that aren’t lame (I’ve been using “Shooting Stars” as the name while I tested it)

1 Like

“Welcome to Bob’s Guild! This is a guild lead by me, Bob! And surely the founder of the guild is me, Bob! Now you’re part of Bob’s Guild, make yourself at home.”

@Xionide Ehey, welcome back!
Is it been like… a year?

Anyway, about your story, I’ll echo everyone else. The intro feels a bit bland.
But instead of taking the perspective of Althea, I’d go with generic “narrator doing their job” intro that’s a bit more fleshed out. Maybe start with a quick history course, or maybe an important event just happened recently, or something.

Oh, or maybe start with the setting. Is this world a typical fantasy with monsters, or is it more human-warfare focused? Or the mood you want to evoke: dark-serious or lighthearted.

1 Like

Thanks! I believe it’s been a year.

And yes. I’ve already begun to flesh out the setting. I did not go go with the perspective of Althea, but did, as you said, take the player on a recent history course. That’ll be in tomorrow’s update, btw

As for the mood, I’d like to do a bit of both. For this type of game and story, I don’t think it would be all that fun if it didn’t.

1 Like

Alright! First update!

So I’ve added:

• names for you to choose, including family names that will be more important later on. Guild names are still pending.
  • more of the continent’s history provided by the player character
  • 2 new classes (one of which is unavailable at the moment)
  • continued the story to the first major decision

Also, I really need to know for the future, since this is a stat/skill based game, what kind of role do you want stats/skills to have in terms of making choices?

• Have only stats that determine stat checks
  • Have both stats and skills contribute to stat checks
  • Have stats contribute to stat checks while skills lead to different routes
  • Other (Make a comment please!)

0 voters

1 Like

First I got this

With the know it all trainee path

This one from know it all hunter
Second “It’s a deprecated class that no one officially recognizes.”
Who cares if you recognize it look at them!
F129137F-67E7-4179-88A8-20BFA7AF1226-974-00000178BDA3AA8B
Keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Thanks for that, @Natman1025 ! I hate it when choicescript needs a *goto after an if-else statement.

Also, there’s very good reason they don’t recognize them! Which you’ll find out later on, unless ya’ll want it when you’re choosing classes.

Edit:
@Natman1025 problem fixed! Both those screenshots I believe were the same error

2 Likes

When I named guilds, I just did well known fallout vaults EG: Guild 13, Guild 108 etc.

@alphasquid Haven’t played Fallout, but cool! I’m not great with name so I usually just choose something when testing XD

Also, a small update from me.
The end of my summer semester is coming up, so I won’t be able to update for the next couple weeks. Hope you guys understand. I’ll still be working towards finishing the quest section, so look forward to it! (And hopefully the recruitment section, as well as redoing the skill system in response to the poll)

3 Likes

1 Like

@Blank
I reuploaded my scene files. It shouldn’t make that error anymore, but if there are still problems, please tell me about them!

My Guild’s name’s gonna be Fairy Tail. I just want you people to know.

5 Likes

Haven’t watched it, but good on you! Make sure to live up to the name