A New Guild Master (WIP) Updated 01/07/18 [On Hiatus]

@Xionide
I love that this game is about being guild master instead of just become the member, I always wondering how it like to be in that position.

It certainly suspicious of why they want people with no experience to be the master :thinking: will it possible to know why is that?

And since the game breaking error already reported, here some minor error, sorry if these already reported though:

Summary

• The “d” at very first words may better erased, unless it’s intentional?
  • Weird seeing this using “my” since most using “you”.

It’s said my MC is the son, even though the my MC gender still not determined.

Since (I assume) the person who said it is same person, I don’t think the highlighted part is needed.

1 Like

@Vattena Thanks for pointing those out! I updated the files so they should be fixed now.

I’m glad to know you’re interested in managing a guild (instead of just being a member)! I like management sims, so I hope you don’t mind too much stat management.

Although this may become a topic later in the story, it’s not much of a spoiler since it’s explained during the player’s narration after you get the flyer:

Axis Guilds originates from the democratic nation in the north, Unigo. And it’s a government funded organization, so the people of Unigo wanted and approved of it.

Further explanation

Basically, the organization which creates the guilds don’t have a reputation in the player’s country. Thus they need to establish themselves first before trying to hire talented people. With that said, they wouldn’t be able to send a lot of their own people since they’d be operating as foreigners in another country, which may be frowned upon.

Once again, thanks for pointing out the errors and that topic! I’ll likely be able to incorporate it into the story later~

1 Like

Since I don’t have an update for today, I’ll ask you guys a couple of questions.

How do you guys pronounce Althea?

Pronunciation Examples
  • all-tee
  • al-tee
  • all-thia
  • al-thia
  • all-thay

By the way, they pronounce it all-tee in the original game (Luminous Arc 2). Or I remembered wrong and I’ve been saying it wrong for a long time.

Also, what kinds of skills would you like to see in the game?
I’m currently in the process of changing the stat/skill system to reflect the earlier poll and to tone down the skills management.

Oh! And would we benefit from have something like a discord server?
Although I do check the forum literally 24/7 (since I’ve kept the forum pinned on my browser), the discord could be an alternate way to communicate and interact with me.

Al-thee-a

I think that this would be quite advantageous to updates on the progress of the game.

1 Like

Yeah. I was thinking of having a lot of the smaller updates be available on there, as well as the content I’m working on. The big content updates can stay on the forum tho. Also opens up the possibility of a private/closed beta testing later on

1 Like

Let’s make a Wednesday update! For no reason!

Since @alphasquid said it would be beneficial, I got ahead of myself and made a discord. Talk to me and suggest stuff, I guess. Just don’t pester me for updates.
Mini progress updates may be posted there. Major progress will always be posted on here.

Story progress! Yes. That’s right. It’s happening. Very slowly.
Everything up until the first major story branch is finished! Or at least, I can ignore it until it later. What’s changed since last time:

• Edited that parting with Althea
  • Added the dialogue for the last family choice.
  • Added an herbalist class

I’ve started the quest branch. A part of this will likely go up on Saturday. Be prepared to meet three new characters! Well, hopefully! Depending on your choices!
Word count excluding the new quest branch is about 4,000 words. Yay?

Here’s a poll question for today.
What kinds of monsters would you like to see in the future?

• Dragons
  • Slimes
  • Demons
  • Inanimate Objects
  • Ghosts
  • Other

0 voters

2 Likes

Well, coming from a quite “harsh and blunt” culture, my pronunciation is something like “Al - Thay - A.” The name reminds me of Dragon Nest, btw.
*rip DN

For the monsters, I honestly don’t mind whatever thing you throw at me. Although, inanimate objects sounds like a legit dangerous monster :grimacing:

As for the Axis Guild thingies, I can’t help but think that they’re up to something not really good?
I mean, what kind of guild that establishes a guild inside their guild?

Quick question. Is there magic,can we learn it, and how powerfully would it be

@Xionide Please can I have an instant invite to the discord. Your link expired.

Aaaaah. Sorry 'bout that. I swear that wasn’t supposed to happen. @alphasquid there’s a link in the first post, but also here.

@Blank yes, yes, very. Just haven’t gotten to it yet. I’d like for it to be introduced in chapter 3 at the latest, tho, so it may be a while.

@Szaal Rip dragon nest. I remember that game.
Also interesting pronunciation. I’ve thought of saying it that way before but it never stuck.

Yes! Imagine a spoon coming alive to eat you during dinner *shivers

And possibly. I barely understood what that second sentence means, but possibly true.

1 Like

Had to fix the poll so you guys could choose more than one thing. I thought it’d be boring if there weren’t more options, so you have a top 3 choice now.

What monsters are you hoping to see in the future of this game?

• Dragons
  • Demons
  • Slimes
  • Inanimate Objects
  • Ghosts
  • Other Humans
  • Other (Please specify)

0 voters

1 Like

Just a note: on the discord, my name is ‘superjumpjohn’.

1 Like

Dragons, ghosts, and inanimate objects for me.

2 Likes

What about other humans?

Be a herbalist

2 Likes

Other humans would have been my fourth choice.

1 Like

Chose to specialize in speech but picked the hunter class instead of merchant. Ran into this error.

@DarthDovahkin Huh. That’s odd. It’s working completely fine for me. I’ll re-upload the files though.
Edit: Figured out the problem. The if statement before an else needs a goto or finish tag. Which is very annoying.

Yes. Be a herbalist. But seriously, I’ll be fixing the skills and stats before long, so don’t worry about the class too much at this time.

I can nickname you to your forum name if you want.

Please can you do so.

@Blank @alphasquid
Forgot to upload the fix earlier. Also ran quick and random test to make sure there aren’t any other errors. It should be fine now.