A Mortal Hero: Patron of the Gods (Demo updated 10/10)

@Oli_C

The opening of your story has already peaked my interest. I’m already looking forward to seeing the different way the Hero MC can develop their relationship with their little brother, seeing what each f the Pantheon groups are like with MC and each other, and I am very eager to explore the relationship with all the God/Goddesses who can potentially be the Patron with multiple playthroughs (along with creating a bond between the very human MC and the Demigod ROs as well, of course). Definitely like Hemera a good deal already; she feels like the perfect fit for my main MC. The fact that the Patron is chosen by the feel of their aura really gives the impression that the MC was almost unconsciously drawn to the Patron, and I enjoy that idea (I like imagine at the moment that my main MC had chosen Hemera due to feeling a kinship toward the person who seemed to harbor as much loneliness as they currently have).

Though out of curiosity, how common is it for the Gods of each Pantheon to develop a romantic relationship with the Hero they are a Patron to? What is a typical relationship between the average Patron God and the Hero they are tied to? Why did Zeus believe that the Mortal Hero MC was supposed to be HIS hero (I’m chalking it up to his ego at the moment, but just in case, I was wondering if there was anther reason to his thought that he had some type of claim on the MC)? Will the Mortal Hero MC have chances to be protective of their Godly Patron? And how strong is a Demigod when compared to the full blood mortal (like what ways set them apart)?

I mean, you still technically CAN. And he can protect you with them muscles regardless of what is resting above his shoulders. :grin:

Again, jokes aside, his association with birds in this story seems to be more on the fact he has hawks who aid him in some of his duties…which kind of makes me curious about whether the other God Patrons also have pets of their own. Excluding Guanyin, who has already been stated to have a dragon…or two. when the mention of their dragon came up, two different names where stated: Fa Chun and Shangyoi (so maybe they have more than one dragon?).:thinking:

5 Likes

Yeah but imagine admiring his HWAT muscles and as your eyes follow his body BOOM CHICKEN HEAD the boner dies instantly :tired_face:

The Horus romance summary:

22 Likes

If it’s like Shuu from Hatoful Boyfriend, then YES! Jk my fav is Kazu~

2 Likes

Hmm the thought of Horus protecting me with his wonderful muscles is a good one indeed. But I still dispense his hawk head. :smile:

All the gods having a pet would be cool but if so what kind of pets do you think Michael or Mercury would have? Doves?

6 Likes

Hello everyone! I’m here before I get to work on hammering out more content with some responses!

Glad you’re liking all the ROs and info I’ve been posting! And a romanced Desmond is definitely the definition of “No Chill” haha!

@AllForFire

Thank you for the kind words! Part of my motivation for this story was because I wanted to see some representation of other Pantheons than just the Greek, so I’m glad you’re enjoying it as much as I am!

Rest assured, Horus will not have a bird head :laughing: Continue fanning at your own leisure!

@Okami-Nora

You’re so kind! To answer some of your questions:

It’s almost unheard of for a God and their Hero to develop romantic feelings for each other simply because their Hero is often chosen from among their own demi-god children or their children’s children. The average relationship is usually that of a parent and child, or grandparent and grandchild, as the usual Hero prospects for each God and Goddess come from said God or Goddess’s children. Hence, mortal Heroes with no prior connection to the Divine Council has never occurred before.

Zeus…actually has a very good reason for staking a claim to the MC and believing that the MC should be his Hero. The long and short of it, without spoiling too much, is that each God and Goddess have a time when they’re able to choose a Hero. When that time comes they put a large amount of resources into creating the artifact that will act as a link between the Patron and the Hero. The necklace the MC acquires is actually an artifact of Zeus’s own making that was lost to time some three hundred years ago.

Oh absolutely! Whether you romance your Patron or not you’ll have the opportunity to grow extremely close to them; there’s even a few scenes I have planned where the MC will get the option to defend their Patron in front of the Divine Council.

Demigods have heightened senses and physical features as well as being gifted abilities from their Godly parent. Demigods with very close relationships with their parent are even known to be able to tap directly into their parent’s Godly power directly in times of need. These abilities come at a price though; should the Godly parent be killed the God’s children are likely to die soon after. Demigods’, due to not having a fate of their own as the Weavers’ of Life see them as creatures that shouldn’t live, existence is directly tied to their parent’s destiny and existence. Should the Godly parent die, their children will be left at the mercy of the Weavers.

They all definitely have some type of animal companions! And Guanyin’s dragon, much like Guanyin themself, will change to adapt to situations. In their dragon’s case however…well…they simply split themselves in half. Shangyoi is the dragon of compassion that assists Guanyin with healing; Fa Chun is the dragon of battle that assists Guanyin with protecting of the weak and innocent.

Kazu is a good, wholesome boy and I’m glad to see him getting some love :grin:

You’re not far off; one of the Archangels has doves as their animal companions! As for Mercury, well, his animal might surprise you; so I’m leaving that for in game content!

18 Likes

Please, please let it be :turtle:!!

3 Likes

I’d play this if it became a cyoa, hope more comes of it.

1 Like

You forgot to mention that he is also a freaking edgelord what

https://pics.me.me/woah-hey-there-pal-thats-prett-edgy-28209513.png

Sooo, after visiting the Tumblr I got to ask do we have to be, and I quote,

ruthless, cunning, secretive, and angry at the world.

In order to successfully romance Desmond? Or with any other RO do we have to agree with their opinions, goals, personality etc. To be in a loving relationship? Cause my MC is the complete opposite of Desmond and I wanna smash ^-^

4 Likes

No, you don’t have to agree with them or their opinions! The romance will just play out differently depending on the MC’s personality. In fact, Desmond responds better to someone that’s the complete opposite of him; that’s why you’ll end up with a higher relationship with him in the demo if you’re protective of Caleb or very kind. Don’t worry!:smile:

28 Likes

…Well that was an amazing read.

1 Like

Well, I mean, I do like me some hot muscles; cold ones would probably be a indication that the person is a zombie.

tenor

10 Likes

Honestly, after this whole discussion if Horus is not described as having “sharp, birdlike features” I will be severely disappointed. :laughing:

10 Likes

Great minds think alike; I was going to make that joke.

I was also going to guess a rabbit. But seeing how, er, active Mercury is in terms of being fully willing to get physical the moment the chance comes up, I’d say he’d have far too much in common with a rabbit. :laughing:

Guess that’s going to be another possible factor on why the MC might stand out among the others; aside from pretty much rejecting Zeus as their Patron (something that might not be common, especially since the artifact was something of Zeus creation in the first place), and being a full-blooded mortal rather than a Demigod, we have no actual ties to any of the Gods.

…Man I love being the oddball of the bunch in these situations.:grin:

Didn’t know the necklace belonged to Zeus; makes me more curious about how the MC managed to choose a Patron of their own rather than the artifact guiding them to being Zeus’ Hero. :thinking:

Wow though, that must be a extra-hard slap in the face for Zeus if the MC’s Patron is Amaterasu (Those two seem to get along like oil and a wildfire.

So if the Demigod wasn’t particularly close to their God Parent, would their chances of survival increase?

And does that mean that a number of the Demigods from certain gods have died already since some of the Gods have already been killed?

Can’t wait to meet them and for the MC to experience a possible heart attack depending on what that animal may be.

Oh look! The first potential chance for the heart attack! (I love dragons, but if a giant one split into two more dragons in front of me, I would probably freak out for a moment) :laughing:

His eyes pierced through you with the focus of a hunting eagle.

His curved nose felt sharp against your cheek

He clucked a sound of disapproval at your recklessness.

“MC!” Horus cawed so strongly, waking up many others that morning

…I’ll see myself out. :sweat_smile:

14 Likes

Imagine the MC constantly using bird puns and Horus is not amused :laughing:

MC: Your speech today was impressive, Horus.
Horus: [blushes] Thank you, MC. I spend many an hour preparing for it.
MC: Truly? I guess you weren’t winging it, uh?
Horus: …

Horus: Do try to be careful, MC. I do not have a good feeling about this.
MC: Hmm would you say you suspect fowl play, perhaps?
Horus: :expressionless:

Horus: Do you have a minute?
MC: Of course, I can always sparrow a few minutes for you. :heart:
Horus: When will this end?

Horus: [awkwardly trying to flirt with the MC]: You are… nice. For a mortal. Very… impressive.
MC: Ah, throwing compliments are we? Well, toucan play this game.
Horus: I’m leaving.

These were all horrible, I’m so sorry.

40 Likes

I’m honestly half expecting Aquila’s father, Janus, to be subjected to a couple of puns himself due to him being known as the Roman God of Doorways. :laughing:.

9 Likes

That’s effing hilarious :joy: I want my MC to meet Janus while casually leaning against a big fancy doorway.

“Sup, I’m dating your daughter”.

10 Likes

I’m exited to date Amaterasu and Hermea, they’re both just perfect tsunderes. A is more tsun while H is dere

3 Likes

I wanna smash Desmond, Kazu and Raphael because I love tsunderes also lol

1 Like

The Weavers don’t particularly care if the demigod is close to their Godly parent or not; it’s more about the fact that demigod has just enough divine essence in them to make them immune to the Weavers’ pull of destiny. Without spoiling too much of the story the gist of it is: Godly parents give pieces of their divine essence to their children at birth and this divine essence is what gives demigods their abilities. So, the better a relationship with a Godly parent the stronger a demigod’s abilities will grow because the Godly parent is more likely to provide stronger doses of divine essence. Even without the constant giving of divine essence by a Godly parent, however, a demigod will still contain traces of it in their DNA.

Yes. There’s a reason the MC is even accepted as a Hero; the Divine Council has lost most of its Heroes in the last twenty years and the Divine Council is desperate for more Heroes wherever they can find them. Whether from the Weavers giving them a fatal destiny after the death of their parent, someone or something killing them to absorb their divine essence, them dying while on missions, or someone going after them in order to weaken their parent for a killing blow Hero mortality rates have risen to a point where the Gods are no longer in a position to continue making more; they lack the resources to continue doing so and to push themselves so far past their limits would make them susceptible to death.

You’ve given me an idea! I hope my puns in the story match up to the awesome ones you posted! :sweat_smile:

Just thought you all would like to know that I may have tweaked Horus’s physical description a bit; I hope it does this discussion justice when you see it in the next update! Have a good night everyone! :blush:

14 Likes

Is the MC a demigod?