A Mortal Hero: Patron of the Gods (Demo updated 10/10)

Oh wow, I really appreciate this! I’m definitely going to rework Desmond’s shop location and change a few things with the apartment scene so that it’s more believable for the city I’ve set it in. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this!

2 Likes

I could answer questions about Chicago as well.

1 Like

to me movie night to me when i was little read ,watch movie and show

1 Like

i think i would enjoy a theme park and seeing that Caleb is more social that me/my MC, he might explain things better than i could.

3 Likes

reads the ask about hugging the ROs from behind

I thought of picking move night but I don’t trust Caleb with spoilers >>

14 Likes

The info about the gods in the stat screen seems really interesting.
It’s really sad nobody really knows about Hemera but the other gods also seem pretty nice

2 Likes

This an awesome start to a WIP. Can’t wait to see how it turns out. :smile:

2 Likes

Progress Update (3/31)

Hello everyone! Hope you’re all having a great weekend! Well, I’ve got quite a bit to fill everyone in on!

For this week I ended up scraping and rewriting a large chunk of Chapter One; the beginning is much the same but the Divine Council meeting, the extended Patron interaction, and some of the introductions to the ROs have been changed and reworked. I tweaked the opening and prologue a bit as well, so I haven’t made as much progress as I would have like to.

As of right now, I’m only about three thousand words into Chapter One. But I’ve got some free time this week to really hammer out some more content to make up for having to scrap and rewrite so much content.

However!! The next demo update is still planned for either next week or the week after so no need to worry about that!

Also, from the results of the poll on the forum, it seems to be that the bonding activity for the group will be a movie-night! Sorry to everyone who wanted a different outcome!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

24 Likes

:heart_eyes: Take me away author, for you have won my heart!

Or something along those lines. Hello, I’m awkward, I really enjoy the tumblr stuff and what you’ve got so far and you definitely have a fan in me.

3 Likes

This is becoming one of my favorite WIP on this site! I love the relationship between MC and Caleb, he is a cinnamon bun :heart:

Also, people should visit the author’s tumblr - it’s actually a goldmine! I have fun reading up on all the ROs and info!
The main point I got from the tumblr is that Desmond has absolutely NO CHILL. God(s) help everyone in the story if he is romanced by the MC.

13 Likes

Hello!
Can I just jump in to say how much “YES” I am levelling at this story? ^^

Seriously, heartwarming (Potentially at least, though shame on you, people who act mean towards Caleb, for you have no soul!) relationship with a younger sibling, inclusion and focus on Pantheons OTHER than the classic Greek, Norse and Egyptian, and every single one of the Patrons so far managing to win me over with just their description and one scene each!

I’m especially squeeing for Amaterasu. Seriously, HOW rare is it for us to get a work PERIOD, never mind a game, where she or anyone else from the Shinto Pantheon are featured, let alone front and center?

In short, this nigh-instantly shot up into my list of Top WIP I can’t wait to see more of and see achieve full release from the instant I stumbled across it.

Mad props, and full best wishes to the author, and just like the Gods within, I believe in you!

Cheers And Warm Tidings To You And All Your Kin!

5 Likes

so got a guardian watch me I feel like a lemon now::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

Beg Pardon?
Sorry, I’m just not sure what this sentence is supposed to mean. ^^'X)

3 Likes

I was read about characters that will be in this game one of character name Alexander Carras he is your divine assigned guardian

1 Like

Correct. Alongside, apparently, quite a few other colourful characters that I am already quite convinced will be absolute delights to get to know.
But what does this have to do with lemons? X)

1 Like

it is a British quote it means weak

1 Like

Okay so dumb question but please tell me that Horus has a normal human head and not a chicken in a human body

11 Likes

Oh god, here I was enchanted by his muscular chest and you had to come and burst my bubble. The mental picture of my MC fanning over a guy with a bird head is ridiculous :laughing:

5 Likes

I mean, he’d still have those muscle your MC was looking for.

6 Likes

I can’t smooch a beak tho. What’s the point of having muscles if you can’t use them for anything good?

But I doubt he actually has a chicken head. I mean, Amaterasu didn’t appear in her wolf form, did she?

5 Likes