A Mortal Hero: Patron of the Gods (Demo updated 10/10)

He’s not Thor’s brother, that’s the Marvel version.

He’s Odin’s blood-brother.

3 Likes

numbgrundumfuzzel :tired_face:

Okay thanks I just googled it to know which mytho he was in :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I still like all of the patrons!

2 Likes

Woops I’m going to romance Desmond will the boy genuinely love us or should I prepare myself for a heart break?

2 Likes

I know he can probably change his appearance with magic or something like that but since we’ve only seem him as a mid-late thirties man I laughed when you called him a boy :smile:

2 Likes

I wonder how a romance with Taylor would go like, they seem pretty nice from the description.
Also I’ve never romanced a non-binary character before so it could be interesting

3 Likes

I’ve already singled out Kazu as my go-to :100:

3 Likes

Hey everyone, hope you’re having a great weekend!

I’m glad to know that you’re interested in Desmond! Desmond is a complex character but the MC, depending on how you play them, has the possibility to be one of the only people Desmond grows to love in a very long time. Desmond has a lot of baggage and he’s made a lot of mistakes so for him to trust someone that person has to be very special and very open.

Taylor is an absolute sweetheart! They’ve never really been outside of the guardianship of one of the Heavenly Beings since they were small so they’re very naive of the mortal realm and tend to rely on the MC in the beginning of the game. They know what it’s like to have parents more focused on hating each other than on taking care of their child, and they know what it’s like to be thrust into bizarre situations regarding the Divine Councils, so they try their best to be there for the MC no matter what.

Kazu is such a good person I’m glad he caught your eye! He’s one of the most self-sacrificing ROs on this list, right below Taylor and Alex, and if he falls in love with the MC he falls hard. He loves learning about other cultures, whether they’re supernatural or mortal, and he’ll often want a romanced MC to partake in these other cultures with him.

I also just wanted to let everyone know that I’ve finally set up the official Mortal Hero Series tumblr! The tumblr will be generally for questions regarding the characters, plot, story, and various things like that! I’ll also be posting snippets of romances and moodboards for the characters!
Link here:

Thank you all for your kind words!

19 Likes

Say no more fam he is going to feel the love I love angst mhaahaa

6 Likes

Love the wip game. I totally not expected these differents gods. I think it can be interresting but maybe a little too much work at writing with all these differents religions ?
Love the possible very good relationship between the MC and the brother ~.

2 Likes

I could have never guessed that I would welcome the torture that loving you brings me.”

7 Likes

You’re really going to enjoy Desmond’s romance :smile:

1 Like

I think on god killer side of this story :smirk:

1 Like

I had SO much fun reading all the different god/goddesses scenes. They were all really well made, so much so that I can’t pick a favorite.

Hemera was so sweet but I could also feel a deep sadness and loneliness in her. I like how protective she immediately seemed of the MC. Guanyin was a sweetheart and her affection towards the MC didn’t feel forced or even cheesy at all - just apart of who she is. Amaterasu was enchanting and motherly, and Mercury his typical pure wicked fun.

Tho I got to be honest and say that Horus and his muscular chest may have intrigued me a bit more I am a weak woman lol .

Definitely looking forward for the next update. Can’t wait to get to know our dear heavenly Patrons.

9 Likes

Them Gods pulling us against their chest

13 Likes

I agree 100%! :heart_eyes:(20 stinky characters!)

2 Likes

You’ve set this in Chicago, which is a city I know well. And there are a couple of points here that don’t really fit with the city (you don’t normally find stores off alleys, for example). Would you be interested in comments/suggestions along those lines or not? So far, they wouldn’t be things that anyone who doesn’t know the city would notice, so you can probably leave it alone if you’d prefer.

3 Likes

Hello everyone! I hope today has been treating you well! I’m here with a progress update for this past week and to give a few responses!

So first, Progress Update:

I’ve gotten about 2,000 words into Chapter One. This includes me writing on some of the following:

A deeper interaction with your patron

Meeting some of the ROs (Taylor, Alexander, and Hui Yin)

Getting to see Caleb gush over the various Divine Beings

A meeting with the Divine Council

Planned for the Next Week:

Get to a very important plot scene

Introduce the rest of the ROs

Second trip to Desmond’s shop

Sibling/Group bonding moments

Next Demo Update:

Should be happening around two weeks from now? I want to get all of the ROs introduced before I roll out the next major chunk of content and all the ROs will be introduced before the end of Chapter One.

Next, responses!

@Anathema
I’m so glad you enjoyed all the patrons! It’s good to know they all feel distinct without feeling cheesy or forced!

@Guntram
I’ve been to Chicago a few times but don’t particularly know the city well, so I’m totally open for suggestions! I should point out though that Desmond’s shop being found off an alley is supposed to add to to its disturbing feel and is meant to feel out of place.

This also brings out an important question I had: with quite a few of the ROs not being familiar with the mortal realm the MC is going to be able to introduce the group of them to some mortal realm concepts. Which one would you all be most interested in seeing?

• A carnival (like the type with rigged games and things like that)
  • A theme-park (like six flags or something similar)
  • A movie-night with mortal movies (you’ll get to pick from a set of genres and films)
  • A trip to the zoo
  • A night of clubbing (Caleb will be excluded from this option, obviously)

0 voters

Thank you all for your support!

15 Likes

Looking forward to seeing the ROs!

1 Like

One thing that’s pretty easily changed is the reference to the apartment building’s parking lot. There are apartment buildings with parking lots, but the classic student apartment wouldn’t have one. It would feel more right for the city to be parking on the street.

The alley location is the one that just didn’t seem right for the city at all, and I don’t know if there is a solution that easily gives that sense of wrongness that you’re after. I have to admit that I was thinking about this as I was driving around a neighborhood I’d never been in before this afternoon. There are some stretches of commercial areas in some of the more distant neighborhoods that can easily be spun as feeling wrong- filled with things like empty laundromats with windows full of dead plants, empty hair salons with faded pictures that haven’t been changed since the 80s, closed restaurants and shabby lodges for obscure fraternal orders. In the dark, with nobody on the street, that could feel pretty off, especially if it’s in a building that doesn’t look quite right to be a store. I think of a place like this. There are a couple of places off alleys that could also be appropriately creepy. This place for example. That repair shop is, essentially, behind the empty storefront on the left, but accessible mainly down that narrow passage between the buildings. Put two stores that seem a bit off somehow on either side, and you’ve got something pretty evocative.

Or you can keep it as is, and only slightly bother the few readers who know about the city and care. I would say that you can’t park in Chicago alleys, though.

3 Likes