A missing choice help

So basically, the second choice doesn’t appear when played. I quick test it & the second choice is always untested.

Blockquote
*choice
#Slice & Dice
The demons, grotesque parodies of strength and fury, lunged with claws and fangs bared, only to meet their end on the keen edge of my blade, their vile ichor staining the ground and my dark plate.
Yet, as the last of the brutes fell, a scream of tortured metal pierced the daylight—the longsword, finally succumbed to its wounds, shattering into pieces, as i stand amidst the carnage, surrounded by the fallen.
*set Geras +10
*page_break
*goto ger2
Blockquote

Blockquote
#Beat Them to Death
I moved with savage grace, my armored fist colliding with the brute demon’s faces in a dance of destruction. Each strike was a symphony of power and precision, my gauntleted hand tearing through demonic flesh as if it were parchment.
The demons, towering and fearsome, were reduced to mere playthings in my grasp, their ferocity undone by my relentless assault. In the end, they were reduced to pieces of dead meat on the pavement.
*set Geras -10
*page_break
*goto ger2
Blockquote

Did you use fake_choice instead of choice? If you use choice you need to have separate sections for each choice.

And set stat += 10 instead.

Please use the proper ` to show the code block.

edit: If that’s how your code looks you have a big indentation problem all over it. But I guess not cause it wouldn’t work at all.

Try removing both *page_break

i had another scene with the same format & that worked. i don’t use fake choice.

didnt work

I pulled this out from your game

*choice
 #Slice & Dice
   The demons, grotesque parodies of strength and fury, lunged with claws and fangs bared, only to meet their end on the keen edge of my blade, their vile ichor staining the ground and my dark plate.  
Yet, as the last of the brutes fell, a scream of tortured metal pierced the daylight—the longsword, finally succumbed to its wounds, shattering into pieces, as i stand amidst the carnage, surrounded by the fallen.
*set Geras +10
*goto ger2

#Use Bare Hands
   I moved with savage grace, my armored fist colliding with the brute demon's faces in a dance of destruction. Each strike was a symphony of power and precision, my gauntleted hand tearing through demonic flesh as if it were parchment. 
The demons, towering and fearsome, were reduced to mere playthings in my grasp, their ferocity undone by my relentless assault. In the end, there were reduced to pieces of dead meat on the pavement.
*set Geras -10
*goto ger2

As I said, you have an indentation problem. It should look like this:

*choice
  #Slice & Dice
    *set Geras +10
    *goto ger2

#Use Bare Hands
    I moved with savage grace, my armored fist colliding with the brute demon's faces in a dance of destruction. Each strike was a symphony of power and precision, my gauntleted hand tearing through demonic flesh as if it were parchment. 
    The demons, towering and fearsome, were reduced to mere playthings in my grasp, their ferocity undone by my relentless assault. In the end, there were reduced to pieces of dead meat on the pavement.
    *set Geras -10
    *goto ger2

You’re using one and three spaces for the indentation. You should use 0-2-4-6, or 0-4-8-12…

1 Like

I do 1-2-4-6
*choice is 0 or first line
pound key is 2
etc

but when i change it around, quicktest fails. I have another scene with the same layout & that works perfectly.

I insist, check your indentation. The *choice starts with 0, then the first choice has 1, then the text block has 3 and then you go back to 0 before the *goto.

What you have:
0 *choice
1 #Slice & Dice
3 The demons, grotesque…
0 Yet, as the last…
0 *set Geras +10
0 *goto ger2

What it should be:
0 *choice
2 #Slice & Dice
4 The demons, grotesque…
4 Yet, as the last…
4 *set Geras +10
4 *goto ger2

1 Like

You’re right. The difference between the other scene & this was that the choice outcome here is way longer than the other. Appreciate it.

1 Like

tenor1111-1

lol you’ve been given good advice on how to indent properly, follow it and stick with it and you’ll be peachy

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. If you want to reopen your WiP, contact the moderators.