A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

After reading through this I have to say that this is would already be one of the best CoG games I have played as it is now and I am really looking forward to where you take it!

3 Likes

Thank you all so much! Reading comments like these definitely helps keep me motivated to write. Hope youā€™ll enjoy what comes next as well!

I got a good chuckle out of this line of responses. :smile: Canā€™t plug Yesa and harart enough for their incredible work! Definitely fortunate to have had the privilege of commissioning them.

20 Likes

UPDATE POST

Hi everyone! Sorry for the long wait, but Demo ver 6.0 is finally live!

This is a huge update compared to the previous public demo. At 41k words all together, this update is second only to Demo ver 2.0 in terms of wordcount. Content is spread into two big chunks: the resolution of the Silcur arc (15k words), and new plot advancement content past the Eli reunion scene (26k words). Thereā€™s also bits of new content sprinkled throughout existing scenesā€“please see the changelog for more on that. :slight_smile:

Link is in the OP. Post-Demo 2.5 saves should still work. If you get errors related to the evar variable or if Eli is missing their pronouns, that means your save predates Demo ver 2.5, and you will need to restart the game!

Thank you for following the development of A Mage Reborn . I am grateful beyond words for your relentless enthusiasm and support.

New in this update:

• New story content (+41k words, now 216k words).
  • Completion of Chapter 3 (Silcur)'s ā€˜goodā€™ end.
  • An additional letter-writing scene, after the liberation of Sienan.
  • Expansion to Saineā€™s cliff-scene for aro and/or ace mages.
  • The option to lie to Tahlia about where your loyalties lie (short-lived though the attempt may be).
  • Various bug and grammar fixes.

Coming next:

DEMO ver 7.0

Release date: Late October (Patreon) / Mid-Late November (Public)

Planned features:

• Roughly 20k words of new story content.
  • Completion of Aulain arc.
  • Addition of Tahlia day-off scene.
123 Likes

The game froze on me, I assume thatā€™s on dashington and not the game.

Did find one thing- the confrontation with the duke at the end of the plague I chose to make the truth serum and then in the middle of the interrogation the game jumped to the using spiritualism to abduct the duke through spiritgates option.

10 Likes

If I remember properly, the part of the plague was incomplete.

2 Likes

I kind of thought the Chief spy but I was kind of Hot when I first met her, but hey thatā€™s me, and I think I just finished playing a book where a chief spy was one of the Romance options so yeah.

1 Like

I just get an infinite loading screen after pressing next right after augur does the deed ā€¦ maybe thatā€™s where the demo is supposed to end, but just in case itā€™s a bug thought you should know

8 Likes

thatā€™s the current end of the demo, yes. after that u get the play again menu!!!

6 Likes

Will we be getting a scene that shows the reaction of the person we choose to write a letter to?

23 Likes

I certainly hope so!

1 Like

Same especially if they find it after we have died. :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

AgreešŸ¤­

1 Like

The internal screaming I feel right now is enough to make me drink 3 cups of coffee. What chapter 3 revealed about phantasma and theā€¦transactions and the fact that it is RIGHT after we get demolished is highly concerning.
Is that foreshadowing I smell?? :eyes:
another bout of internal screaming
I feel really bad for the MC based off of -cough- my thoughts on foreshadowing as if they didnā€™t suffer through enough!
Somehow bonded with le gremlin and Y to a significant degree xD
It was wonderful being able to witness and learn more about Arcadia and their magic this chapter!

9 Likes

Just a correction here

Also for the 2nd and 3rd screenshots, im assuming the demo ends after this since itā€™s just continously loads

5 Likes

@Parivir noticed a oddity when solving who brought about the curse of merdal villageā€¦ Using a spirit gate works to get us outā€¦ But a page or two inā€¦itā€™s like weā€™re jumped back to the manor when I donā€™t recall seeing us spirit gate backā€¦thought I would mention it and ask if something is missing?

3 Likes

Some have already mentioned, but thereā€™s a bug with the merdal village. I chose truth serum, but when the scenes and questions ended the game jumps back to the spirit gate choice scene.

4 Likes

Does anybody know how to get the ā€œiā€™ll save everyone damn the consequencesā€ choice during the plague part. Itā€™s blocked for me and i just canā€™t seem to get the stats for it. Iā€™ve tried with 90 Nobility and like 80 Optimism. Does anybody know the stat reqs for it?

2 Likes

Itā€™s probably set to fail because you canā€™t save anyone, realistically

4 Likes

But if it wasnā€™t, I think itā€™s something like 75 intelligence/75 alchemy/75 enchantment

1 Like

You need either high noble or optimist personality stats for that choice to appear

2 Likes