A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

DROP THE FIC
I WANNA Read IT BADLY NOW

1 Like

Here you are.
Are you okay friend? And also tell me if you’re okay after reading

4 Likes

Man, what’s with all these girls called Ilya, a male name (also looking at you, Magik)?

3 Likes

Most likely Fate. No, I don’t mean destiny. I’m talking about the anime/game series. Either that or Japan as a whole.

6 Likes

For a bit i thought you were talking bout me lmao

9 Likes

Well yeah I know that’s a male name, even I questioning why the author chose a male name for a “white magican girl” like her
When I said “another girl bearing the name Ilya” I limit it so everyone now who I mention (the little miss of Einzbern family aka Ilyasviel von Einzbern).

4 Likes

To be fair, Fate’s pronunciation of Illya so different (
“singsong”-like?) from the male Ilya I used hearing, that those two are never properly registered in my mind as the same name (even through, technically, they are)

1 Like

I did not even know Illya was a male name. Always thought it was female

4 Likes

You not alone, I was until someone told me :v
According to behindthename, Ilya is another form of a Hebrew name Elijah, a male name. The pronunciation almost similar.

2 Likes

Wait, how are people pronouncing her name? I always say it like “EEL-yuh” or “ILL-yuh” and neither of those are all that close to Eljah (unless I’ve been pronouncing that one weirdly my whole life).

1 Like

As someone who had a friend named Ilya i always pronouced it as “EEL-yah” but thats just me. :thinking:

6 Likes

“I-LYA”, while Elijah is “i-LIE-ja”.
Or maybe “EEL-yah” like Kungoru said, I don’t know which one (depending on the author) but I always pronounced “I-LYA” since it’s sounds
 more feminine because the female Ilya I saw being called “I-ri-ya”

2 Likes

Forgot to mention that my friend was MALE so there’s that. :sweat_smile: But really you can pronouce it as you like seeing it as it is a fantasy novel without any audo inclusion so it doesnt really matter.

1 Like

Yup, same for my case. That’s why it didn’t click for me with Japanese pronunciation ă‚€ăƒȘダ (Ee-ree-ya/Ee-lee-ya).

1 Like

Oh no, the pronunciation “i-LYA” is not because of the Japanese pronunciation, I know it from here.
If Japanese people want to pronounce “EEL-yah”, I think they would say “i-ru-ya” or “i-ya”

Edit: just found another

6 Likes

I mentioned japanese just in reference to Fate discussion above. And yeah, in Japanese Ilya seems to be pronounced as ă‚€ăƒȘăƒ€ăƒŒ if we are to believe japanese side of wikipedia (as your second screenshot seems to be from english side of wiki, if i’m not mistaken).

And as I said before, this is much more
 erm, “singsong”-like than pronunciation I usually hear from, for example, russian-speaking people.

2 Likes

*Me going to read a new fanfic, only to realize
this seems familiar lol :thinking:

6 Likes

Yeah it’s your :))))
I think I had read it too much just to see Ilya’s reaction because I’m desperate for anything involving her and you really helped me by that

2 Likes

Awww, you’re welcome. Ilya really is a doll and I am soooo hoping we can get a poly option for her and Eli

4 Likes

Don’t think that’s gonna end up happening

1 Like