A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

Right but wrong at the same time this was kind of a needed sacrifice killed some bodyguards and someone who is pretty much labeled as the Pope in their eyes they didn’t know why and we didn’t tell Leon anything so he had no other choice but to kill us so is kind of a needed sacrifice

But he didn’t even avenge his brother. Technically it was us that avenged him. Plus I refuse to believe Leon could have taken back the kingdom without our help. For him to judge the saviour of the land without trial ( even if we killed the religious leader) seems like pandering to the crowd rather than actually taking a logical step. By the text it is clear to me that our image was tarnished during the time we spent in the cell, so all the work we did to save Param was eventually disregarded until Ilya released her findings. It’s clear that the public demanded us to be executed and rightfully so, but was it necessary for Leon to ACTUALLY burn us. He could have satisfied the public by staging it and then letting us either leave or by keeping us in another cell but letting us explain. Surely there must have been some way to remove our colllar, which we would definitely have if we had the luxury of time. All in all, it was really a poor decision by Leon. I wonder if he even listened to what Ilya and Saine had to say about MC or he just blocked them both off.

5 Likes

This may be insensitive to you big fan but you can look up some famous heroes in real life have been executed by their own people there is a lot of s*** like this that has actually happened in the history books I know I’m slapping a lot of people in the face but I’d rather rip it off like a Band-Aid right now play some people who actually care about the person and might start fighting back because of it or try to break them out but they might die in the end and not get the chance to save the person Leon mc maybe been a lover or dear friend had no other choice because he’s a leader it’s over a small group of people or big chunk of people and understand this rather have the big chunk of people on your side because if you don’t you’ll end up like a lot of people in history who been killed by the big chunk revolutions are messy and trying to put things back together that’s the hardest thing about being a leader of a country or being any public figure you have to have the big amount not be a small amount you must have an Iron Fist and a soft hand sometimes kill people you might have cared about or spare the people used to be your enemy you must burn down a enemy city or save a town that is your own there is no such thing as right and wrong or black and white in that situation it’s the harsh version of Grey you have to give and take kind of hate to say this it’s not a game being a leader the real world you will lose things that you thought you loved you will lose value that you thought you believed in people who might betray you and try to kill you for the your seat in power there’s a lot of things that you must know about what it means to be a leader of a country even if you have to kill a hero because of a deed they done it will never be clean and cut and dry he’ll be festering wounds when you pass away if even if you’re not a leader if you did something wrong there will always be a scar there might be passed down to Generation by generation always remembering who you were and trying to understand you as a person I’m not trying to be a bad person here but I’m trying to make people understand this is never going to be a simple situation of who is right and who is wrong in the story that’s what I like to know about a mage Reborn and to me I will never change my opinion on me on Leon did the right thing I know people hate him but that’s the understanding about the character there has to be a heavy hand there should be no mercy in that situation if everyone finally agreed on it that isn’t our in the people call for blood they’ll get their blood this is not our world is it pretty much like a medieval century of knights and kings

6 Likes

Ah yes, can’t wait to immediately forgive my friend and comrade-in-arms who LITERALLY burned me alive just because of “peer pressure” :sunglasses:

10 Likes

We were caught red handed murdering one of the most beloved and important people in the country, and refused to explain out reasoning. That’s not simply peer pressure. That’s a punishment based on solid evidence. In most cases, a “good reason” isn’t going to get someone out of that.
Saving the city would probably be the exception of course, but not only could we not provide evidence in your defence, but we actively refused to do so.
And where is it said that no investigation is done? We’re in the cell the whole time, so we can’t know either way. I seriously doubt Leon just sat around brooding about the situation.

26 Likes

Yes, cant wait to hang out with my friend with whom I fought and killed just to save my country. Oh, whats that? My friend who was ready to sacrifice himself for a chance to save unfamiliar children just killed a saintess and refuses to elaborate? On the pyre you go :sunglasses:

17 Likes

Be a powerful mage
Save a party from certain demise
Befriend said party
Years later become their companion
You learn all three of them are important people, two of which are royalty
Shit happens, king is killed and saintess kidnapped, leaving throne and capital vacant because of your adoptive sister going ape shit going on about reclaiming lost glory of an ancient magical civilization
campaign to restore true heir to the throne
Use your whatchamacallit ultimate magic and singlehandedly beat your sister and her magical army to submission
Learn from dying sister than she has a contingent plan and that contingent plan is blowing the capital up
Puts a curse on you so you can never speak to this to anyone
Everyone celebrates while you spend your remaining time figuring out where the fuck is this bomb
Time is running out
Panic_ReeeeEe.jpeg
Find out that the comatose saintess is actually the bomb :flushed:
kill the saintess to avert disaster
Suspicious lady guard that hated you from the start sees you commit the deed
Arrests you on the spot
“Oh shit ohh fuck”
Refuse to elaborate further
Gets burned alive

17 Likes

Well, he would probably agree with you. He never wanted to be part of the court. He FLEED with his younger brother to not be part of the court.

He is doing this for the legacy and love he held for his older brother.
He is not the sharpest tool in the box and knows he is not the best for the job but he refuses to let the goals his brother was working for go to waste.

I honestly believe he hates being king.

Well that is the punishment for a lot of religious crimes.
In Germany in my hometown women who where caught doing something that was considered "heathen " where burried alive under the market place. Or tortured to death Sometimes at public display.
Beheading was only awarded to noble men. As women where not considered to have honor. So yes. Burning is horrible (one of the worst fates possible) but all alternatives are shit and we don’t even know the customers of Param. Maybe that is just how it is.

10 Likes

Also again congratulations @Parivir a story that leads to such heated discussions is a good one in my opinion and I love that the morals are not white and black. It makes it so much more interesting

16 Likes

<Barges into a Holy Sanctum
<Absolutely destroys everyone
<Kills the Saintess
<Refuses to elaborate
<Dies
:sunglasses:

22 Likes

Thats doesn’t make it any better now, does it?

10 Likes

Honestly just a personal opinion i think it would have been great if leon acted to our execution according to some stats.
Lemme explain
Like for a pragmatist somewhat selfish mc who doesn’t exactly have a stellar relationship with Leon something like this when mc was burning
“Before darkness engulfed you the last thing you saw was your friend , brother and comrade in arms smirking with a bit of relief and glee in his eyes”
And for emotional selfless mc he shed a tear and his eyes were full of sadness something like this.

Or just reverse it for feels and pain and angst , which can also be a nice setup for a personality change after rebirth.
Again just my opinion and what i think would be a nice touch .

4 Likes

No it does not!
I am just saying it fits into the story and world (hence the world building is wonderful). Also I find burning like I said one of the worst deaths possible, so if I where the MC , yes I would have liked not to be burned
(I think it was also a story device since the Author does not have to deal with the question of the body and such).
I am just saying that as readers in a world which is often removed from such injustices we need to remember to judge people (may it be real or fictional) with understanding for their circumstances;)

5 Likes

Well then I wholeheartedly agree with you. Its just that in a current state of story I can’t understand how some people forgive Leon so easily and I believe he must answer for what he has done. But we are too early in a story for me to be so sure, just gotta wait for more content now.

13 Likes

That is my problem too, and as others have commented a trial scene would have atleast helped. However it’s still early and IIRC @Parivir is going to add some pre execution scenes in the future updates so hopefully something or the other is added to justify our imprisonment without any chance of us defending ourselves in any way. What I find strange is Ilya was able to find out the truth,so could that not have been done by Leon if he put in the effort as well?

7 Likes

My MC be like

63 Likes

The thing is with Leon, not only he approved the execution but he also was fine with MC’s torture. #NeverForget.

10 Likes

I laughed at that…Sorry :laughing:

Btw. does anyone know when this game can be released and at what stage in writing the author is?

2 Likes

A pre-burning scene would help clear up this whole discussion about leon. As I said a while back:

Because it’s strange to think that a long time friend would just order your execution without prior investigation, a proper one. It’s as you said, if ilya was able to believe you were on to something then it wouldn’t have been hard for leon to do the same as well.

5 Likes

Amazing wonderful game! By the saints this is the best game ever made!

1 Like