A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

Ah, ok. Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

As far as my mc is concerned his “house” was his mother’s one and yes, that was stolen from them along with that noble title, but that was done by Thaubal and later sister, not Param or Leon.
And Arcadia supported Thaubal passively and sister actively. So who has really stolen the mc’s patrimony? As far as mine is concerned it was Arcadia as it all leads back to them. :angry:
Although I suppose post resurrection those things too would have belonged to another man in another life and my mc would have lost any claim to it when he died anyway.

Now as far as Arcadia itself goes the Arcadia of old seems to have been an awful place except for Arcana wielders. In addition a society that does not trust its own children was doomed long before Param formally ended it, imho.

Indeed, mine feels he came back an echo and a pale shadow with a lot of pieces missing or in the wrong place now, metaphorically speaking of course though I am sure the resurrection did nothing for their physical health either. Especially once the torturous experiments pioneered by Thaubal resume under order of Arcadia. :worried:

Wouldn’t have happened but for the Arcane collar put in place by sister who was at that point directly supported by the Arcadians. As far as my mc is concerned they are 50% to blame for his burning.

Well…the enemy of my enemy then, eh? My mc certainly won’t be enthusiastic to work for either side and if he does join Param again it will be a far different, far colder and far less personal “relationship” then it used to be that is for certain. But for all that they certainly do seem like the lesser evil right now.

Now see that would be perfectly plausible for some Kings to do, but I don’t think Leon is that kind of man.

8 Likes

I agree,
he had to fill the biggest footsteps of his brother.

Politics never where his strong suit and being confronted with the appearing betrayal of one of his closest allies put him in a very tight position.

Precisely because the mc is a person so close to him. He as a person may have had the wish to help mc but his position as king did not allow him to.
In the end in reality a good king puts his duty first before his personal feelings.
Also I think it is quiet telling that this changes him. He is a different person after this. I am very much looking forward for the mc and him to meet again because there is a possibility that they are both very different people now. And depending on the mc I think he would take what is personally coming to him (as kind of redemption) as long as it does not ruin the kingdom and his people

12 Likes

When it comes to magic schools, should I be doubling down on on what I’m good at, or take the chance to improve in others? Specifically in combat situations. Are there many opportunities to to improve outside of using that school more?

1 Like

I think spreading out to at least two is recommended, as some magic schools will not be applicable or good for some options.

6 Likes

I go with thaum and spiritism and it works for me

2 Likes

Spiritism and alchemy are my go to.

Oh and my MC is right there with Idont- Those bigoted powertrippers supported my insane sister who started a war with her mindcontrolled army. “Oh we have to commit mass murder because we are victims, victims I say!” has been the rallying cry of liars looking to victimize others throughout history.

16 Likes

I do emphasize with the Arcadians, they are oppressed, but going around killing people who are not responsible for your oppression is possibly the worst thing you can do.

2 Likes

And long before that she used it to steal our inheritance and drive us out of our own country. :unamused:
Though, again, past life.

4 Likes

Btw i got to ask which faction are you inclined to side with.
I kind of dont want to side with either tbh , 1 literally burned us alive another stronghanded us into joining them ( even possibly have something like blackmailing eli should we refuse to cooperate).
What about you?

7 Likes

MC’s loyalties never changed. He realized from the beginning that he might not leave that quest alive, still wasn’t going to let an entire city get blown off the map.

So why blame Leon for proving me right? The same with saving those kids. “My life for seven kids? That’s a deal at twice the price.”

That being said, my character will be seeking to play peacemaker. Let them have their floating city and pat themselves on the back for being so awesome for having magic.

20 Likes

Jeez… Flyss looks more like the Falco I imagined than the artwork for Falco… :woman_facepalming:
I don’t even know what to think

I go with two (Alchemy main, Enchantment secondary) - you can get both pretty high (and I don’t mean necessarily these two - you can make either two pretty good, so it’s up to you)

4 Likes

Param, at the moment. Leon burning us was obviously a misunderstanding and we know it. Plus efforts have already been made to better the lives of Arcadians (or at least planning to) in Param by Julius and there’s a high chance that Leon would continue that path. So far, there are no convincing arguments to support Arcadia.

19 Likes

Arcadians because I want to become the Devil that Param already decided I was

10 Likes

Just met the Arcadians myself, so I’ve yet to be able to form a fair opinion.

I’m leaning toward Param, because even them burning me is the end result of Sister’s schemes, who seems to have been the Arcadian’s attack dog.

On the other hand, there’s a tall lady flirting with me, and that’s my one of many weaknesses

14 Likes

It’s just a prank bro :rofl:

17 Likes

Would it be safe for me to assume that romances are faction locked? Or is this a Three Houses deal where you can win them over to your side? Excluding the leaders, of course.

I was aiming for the poly route, but I don’t think I can bring myself to side with them :frowning:

3 Likes

Ugh I don’t think all this meant to be that black and white situation, right or wrong, sorry or not isn’t that simple…

For those that think Arcadians deserves better they’re right and for those that think Leon and Parami people are good they’re correct.

After all IT’S A CHOICE, we can go either way or if lol I think it’s already hinted that there’s a third route or something like that.

14 Likes

sigh if only… If that is an available route, my poly heart would leap out with happiness.

3 Likes

Ah the tall flirty lady , what can i say my friend you are right , she have a lot of weight in the proverbial balance between param and arardia.