A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

You actually bring up a great point in that it must’ve been a bad place for non Arcanists!
You are correct in that without the collar the BBQ would not have happened, BUT I believe Leon jumped the gun way too quickly. It was obvious to Saine and Ilya that something was sus. That might hurt MCs relationship with the kingdom. I hope to the author if we do go back to Param, it wont be a “all is forgiven” approach. Id actually like to see the MC being cold and less personal.

15 Likes

Unless plans have changed, it’s with tall, flirty Yu, and tiny, angry F. So, yeah, I’m hoping that third route you mentioned is a thing.

My only complaint is that she’s missing those 4 extra inches that her male counterpart has.

3 Likes

This might be more conjecture than fact, but I’d say that both the option for you to regard your executioners with disdain, and the ability to reset your character stats upon your rebirth speak to the set up for your MC to strike back against their former allies of the White Fang. So I don’t believe you have to worry there.

By the by, first time here, loved the story as it’s progressed so far and can’t wait to explore this world more.

14 Likes

Of course, nowhere I implied that it isn’t. That’s why I said “at the moment”. The information we are given at the moment leans heavily against the Arcadians because of their actions.

The Arcadians deserving better, sure, but indirectly mass murdering their way to achieve it? hmm

11 Likes

Saine and Ilya didn’t betray the MC. They believed the MC was innocent and tried to free them.

15 Likes

As do I, which is why I mentioned it.

Which could only be put on the mc so easily because of the parasites, which the Arcadians are not going to do anything at all about, so even using normal magic will remain unpleasant and painful for the mc while using Arcana will remain torture, no matter how much Eli “heals” the mc. :angry:

7 Likes

So, I’ve been having issues with the demo. Using the save feature results in me getting stuck in a stats screen with no way to leave it, and after I head of to save Eli, the demo stalls. I assume that last one was due to the demo ending, but based on some of the talk here, that’s not the case.

1 Like

That’s usually happened If you saved the game, when you opened the Status screen. Cmiiw though.

It happened not only to this WIP.

You need to load different saves and see which one works , only solution so far for that problem.

1 Like

Dang. Is there much content after you decide to rescue Eli? And are their opportunities to flirt with F and Yu? If not, I may just wait.

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t like both of them especially flirty Yu but I’d do a playthrough just for the poly route if it really is a thing by the end.

It ends after you saved Eli (and a bit of a reunion talks with them).

1 Like

Absolutely haha. If vengeance is concerned then that is the right choice!
Also, I always pictured the end of part 1 with Ilya finding out the truth in her chambers and writing and distributing the letters to Saine and Leon about the truth and with everyone in the square saying Hero of Sienan that it would go well with that song My Love Will Never Die - Claire Wyndham. It fits well with that scene I think. Kinda like that last scene from season 4 Lucifer. The song was perfect for that ambient!

Based on this, it won’t really come into effect until Book 2, so that’s time for them to win you over, or failing that, give you time to find a book that has something you do enjoy, poly-wise :slight_smile:. F had a bad first impression for me too, but it was the poly route that brought me here in the first place, so I feel obligated to give her a shot :stuck_out_tongue:

The big problem I’ve noticed with poly romance routes is that the games that include them all still seem to be development. There’s only like 2 or 3 that are finished.

1 Like

Actually no there are just a few panels of reunion with eli thats pretty much it.

1 Like

My MC Ysenna has fully adopted Param as her home and will remain loyal as such. She is a Parami mage first and foremost, albeit of Salantiran upbringing & heritage. She barely acknowledges the Arcadian ancestry in her.

Salantira was a life stolen. Torture and violation. Betrayal after betrayal. Salantira she fled.

Param is Aunt Bess’s homecooked soup. Saine’s bright laughter and Ilya’s soft smile. Warm and protected in Leon’s strong embrace. Param is home.

Arcadia is Sister. Arcadia her collar. Arcadia is another life stolen.

8 Likes

My mc is siding with Arcadia and the reason is simple param burned him alive and Arcadia brought him back to life

6 Likes

My MC is in the mood: “Stay away from me, all of you!” shows middle finger to Arcadia and Param :laughing:

But seriously. I’d rather try to reconcile two sides than choose to be loyal to one…

30 Likes

We’re doing this again? :rofl:

Well then, my MC is 100% Parami, and he supports his country. Not to mention, his only love is there.
He doesn’t resent the Parami or the country of Param for what happened to him - he considers the culprits were the circumstances, and Mir, so yeah. Seeing as he doesn’t consider Param did anything wrong to him, there is no question of “forgiveness or vengeance” for him whatsoever to begin with, basically.
Seeing how nice and gentle he is, I thought at first I’ll be going for the “peace route”, since I suspected my MC would still feel compassion for the Arcadians and would like an ending where nobody gets hurt. But 10 minutes with the Arcadians were enough for him to be really angry and to forget any budding idea of reconciliation. He is Parami, and he will support his country against anything or anyone who’d threaten it.
Honestly, he’d think that way even if he wasn’t in a relationship with Leon. But obviously said relationship only adds to the feeling.

6 Likes

How about just yeeted both side and live together with Eli instead.
They both could be a :sparkles: roomates :sparkles:

10 Likes