A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

I forgot about that little tidbit. Honestly if my MC wasnā€™t extremely self scrificing (to the point that he really doesnā€™t think his life matters that much because he believes everyone is more important than his life if he can save them. Yes heā€™s an idiot. No, he doesnā€™t see the problem. Leon will probably beat into him. Or Ilya. Or Saine. Or at least thatā€™s my headcanon.) he probably would have been angry at the others and side with arcadia. But as it is he doesnā€™t blame them for what they did. He knew it was an imposible situation. And also is madly in love with Leon so that helps. He loves Leonā€™s country. He canā€™t really see himself attacking it or anything.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty similar to my MC, with the difference that my MC doesnā€™t think his life has no value or that it doesnā€™t matter, he simply thinks other lives are more important.
And well, he considers himself Parami to begin with, so ehā€¦ That is HIS country too, and one he loves dearly.

Yeah, I like it too.
Sure, there wonā€™t be hesitation in my playthrough - now Iā€™m certain of it - and neither becoming morally grey, but I do like how this is set up and Iā€™m curious about how it will unfold. Theorizing is exciting and fun in the meantime, but seeing what actually happens is better!

4 Likes

I think my mc is definitely less concerned about self preservation post-resurrection, after all he should be dead already. So definitely more willing to take (borderline) suicidal risks. But to say this post resurrection state has no value at all is a bridge too far, for nowā€¦I guess weā€™ll see when it comes to resumption of the torture and experimentation.
That said, yes, I think my mc does value his post resurrection life less than he did before and does feel it is lesser in general. :thinking:

2 Likes

I just love how we almost never share opinions!
I guess in some ways, mine actually values his life a bit more now, because he has been gifted with a miraculous second chance, so he kind of values that opportunity.
Heā€™d still die again for Param or Leon, of course, but he sees this second life as more precious, in a way.

Really, that game never ceases to amaze me with its ability to make people feel such different things!

2 Likes

Jgshjshsdhk. Love this so much, and that cliffhanger tho. I needs a minute.

Great news and amazing artwork of Female Eli @Parivir, lol both versions of Eli has disastrously amazing fashion senseā€¦

3 Likes

My MC values her life as much as anyoneā€™s but will take other lives or give her life if thereā€™s no other chance pre-resurrection ā€¦

This time MC rather fights for her (and her friendā€™s) life rather than any sacrifices if needed again.

We rarely see these many people and these many variations of opinions on a single character or a particular situation.

5 Likes

I love seeing you in this forum ALWAYS. DEFENDING. LEON. EVERYTIME.

your dedication ā€¦ amazed me.
I never seen someone who so much into COG fictional character before.

We should make Leonā€™s defender team, or some sort LMAO

6 Likes

Letā€™s make sure not to devolve into a ā€œbest ROā€, ā€œshipping warā€ type thing if so. Being passionate about the things you believe in is great, but itā€™s only a good thing when it isnā€™t sparking conflict. :slightly_smiling_face:

14 Likes

agreed. Honestly all of them seem cool. I just got very attached to Leon because he was one of the first we met and my character is gay so he was not going to be Ilya. So yeahā€¦ Got very attached

2 Likes

It just leads into meaningless and useless arguments and conflicts. Lol it already happens in LOTS of discord servers.

2 Likes

I mean, I donā€™t think any RO is ā€œbetterā€ than any other? Well, we donā€™t know much of F and Y but thatā€™s it. :thinking:
Having a favorite doesnā€™t mean they are ā€œbetterā€ than any other, itā€™s way too subjective.

Well, to a degree, I guess? Sometimes a story has flaws in writting and one of the characters actually doesnā€™t have as much depth as the others or on the other side of the spectrum one of them is the authorā€™s favorite and steals all of the spotlight.
But I REALLY donā€™t believe this will be a problem here. Suffice to see how much I love Ilya even though Iā€™m not interested in her as a RO (nor interested in female characters at all!) :rofl:

I was thinking about my favorite WIPs on site, and noticed that for all four of my true top (this game being one of them, as stated before), I donā€™t see any flaws, both story and characters wise. Sometimes some polishing is needed here and there, obviously, but thatā€™s what WIPs are for, but that aside, I really think everything is perfect? Now, that is subjective too, of course - thereā€™s a reason why this is in MY top 4, and not everyoneā€™s.
As flawed as the characters are as people, they are not flawed as characters, basically!

5 Likes

A friend who also reads A Mage Reborn, asked me a bit back what Koteā€™s thoughts were on being publicly executed under false accusations by the very people he sacrificed so much to save.

I let them know that Kote felt a little brunt by the experience.

8 Likes

Iā€™ve been pondering some songs and I think Iā€™ve finally found some I associate my MC with.
Motherland by REACH
Twisted by The Peopleā€™s Thieves
BANG! by AJR
FORGOTTEN ODES - Violin Dramatic Strings | Dramatic Violin Epic Music Mix - @Eternal Eclipse - YouTube
The Nights by Avicii
Following the recent events in the story, I am conflicted :arrow_down: :arrow_lower_left: :left_right_arrow: :arrow_lower_right: :arrow_up: :eyes:

2 Likes

Do you think you can give me the other three that are your favourite? Iā€™m currently going through WIP because Iā€™m bored and decided why not. Which is why I keep popping up honestly.

1 Like

This is simply one of the best wips that I have gone through.That cliffhanger was sublime indeed

3 Likes

The songs are good, you have a great taste!
Btw, I seen a lot of people shared many songs that either related to their MC or the story as a wholeā€”HOW THEY DID THAT??
What keyword they use to found such a song that sync well with the plot??

Do they already knew the song?
Do they search it one by one?
Do they listen randomly?

Iā€™m not used to listening a song before (except anime opening) so I donā€™t know :rofl:

6 Likes

Thank you : )
For me I just randomly listen to all sorts of music. If I like it, Iā€™d remember it, it depends on my mood. The songs I chose represents the progressiveness dissonance and inner conflict my MC is having throughout the story(after being revived)
The Forgotten Odes I relate back to the overall tone of the story in the darkest times.
The Nights makes me reminisce of when MC and the White Fangs were still out, carefree before the turning point. A reminder and memories of days long gone and most likely never be the same.
Lastly Bang! is what my MC felt like when they set off on their mission (pre-revival)
I chose out of the songs Iā€™ve already known, maybe I find something on Spotify or YouTube recommends a song at random. What I do go searching for is orchestral music. Sometimes lyrics are too much for me ^-^

4 Likes

The first thing I wanted to do once we woke up was contact Bess and let her know. I canā€™t imagine how much she has been suffering, and itā€™s not as complicated and fraught as contacting royals and a saintess from the ā€œenemyā€ country :cry: I hope we get to contact our adopted mom soon!

7 Likes

songs for my MC:
This is when he figures out about the bomb and that he can only save them: Full metal alchemist brotherhood Again by natewantstobattle

The next song is when Ryu(my MC) Confronts his sister the 2nd time: Iā€™m still standing by Taron Egerton

After that is the song when Ryu has to leave the innkeeper and continue on his journey: Imagine Dragons Birds - cover by Caleb Hyles

Then the song after heā€™s revived: Gone Away by CG5 (Itā€™s directed more towards his own people. He feels for them but he will always choose Leon. And he knows they are likely going to do this no matter what he decides so this song is his thoughts and feelings on the matter)

The final song is for when Ryu starts traveling with the White Fangs and his experiences and feelings there as he bonds with them. Itā€™s On the Road Again by Home Free. (Home fee is a purely vocal group with no instraments except in one song)

9 Likes