A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

This is so good! It’s been a while since I last found a WIP this good. My heart is shredded. Absolutely obliterated.

2 Likes

Lol I didn’t realised that everyone will have this many songs that fit to the situation in one way or another…

2 Likes

Oh damn, all this is :smile_cat::smirk_cat::smiling_imp:. Wonder if the feeling in this song will be the same when MC meets Leon after resurrection.

2 Likes

Hallelujah guys! That song encapsulates the reveal of the MCs ‘innocence’ and also this one kind of, though it more depends on your philosophy and how you see things.

3 Likes

Honestly, only one song captures all of my main characters than anything:

(Yes I play dumbasses :sob:)

4 Likes

Loads of great music! I’ll probably throw a bunch of these into a BBQ-Core playlist to listen to while I write. :smile:

Thank you so much for the high compliments! And welcome to the forums :smiley:

I think I have music I associate with arcs rather than characters! But even then, roughly 90% of my music is split between Indonesian pop/hip-hop, ghibli/indie game OSTs, and KPop, so they’re probably a bit too niche to share ahah.

Par for the course for this game, I must admit. I’m quite used to it by now. :smile:

Leith looks awesome! You put so much thought and research to him, I’m honestly super impressed!

Hi, thank you so much! Always a joy to hear the story resonates with people. ^^ And, uh, sorry for the pain, I guess?

You are so valid. Welcome to the forums!

10 Likes

I mean, I listen to that a lot too, sooo… :relieved:
I was literally listening to a Ghibli OST (among other things) when drawing Leith (the one from Gedo Senki - Tales of Earthsea in English, I believe?).
Aside from the song I have for Leith and that OST, I was also listening to Uta no Prince-sama songs, and to the Bugsnax and Owlboy OSTs.

Thank you! I’m glad you like him! I love him so much I managed to do his design despite my artblock and other issues! This game is so motivating!

1 Like

I do have some songs I associate with the “vibe” of the story, I guess? And they may or may not kinda sorta fit my MC.
Uh, I do kinda doubt anyone heard of them before tho, because they’re all in Japanese
It didn’t help that I love these songs and listen to them a lot (especially those by flow), even while reading. So I tend to think of this game when I listen to them lol

For anyone still interested, though:

BURN

Kaze no Uta

Ta ga Tame no Sekai

I really like your art style :3
And the details are amazing, too!
Kinda makes me wanna draw mine, too. But I tend to be too lazy to actually draw _(:'3/ L)_

6 Likes

Oooh! While I can’t agree with the idea of that song for this story, obviously, I’m a big fan of Sonata Arctica, so I still love it!

Oh, interesting! Too sad it’s too jazzy for me at times - I’d love to find some sort of cover that would change the general sound of it - I’ll have to search!

Hey, why not? I very much like the idea of it!

I listen mostly to Japanese music!
I know “BURN” and “Ta ga Tame no Sekai”! I may not like Tales of Berseria, but the opening is awesome! And yeah… it fits the vibe of AMR a lot! :open_mouth:
How weird I didn’t think of it!
Kaze no Uta” is incredibly beautiful, though I’ll admit it doesn’t even come close to “White Light” to me, but I might be biased considering it’s my favorite Tales of opening. And well, considering these are both Zestiria openings, it’s hard not to compare. And now that I think of it, “White Light” would be so fitting too!
And well, “Ta ga Tame no Sekai” is basically the only thing I like about the OVA version of Tales of Symphonia :rofl: - I do agree it fits well though! “Follow the Nightingale” from Tales of Innocence is not bad too for this game… :thinking:

AAAH sorry! I’m waaaay too obsessed by Tales of… When I get started on that I can’t stop…

Thank you very much!!!
The Tales of and the Fire Emblem games inspired the style of clothing a bit actually! Both franchises came into play during research, so I’m kinda thrilled about your music choices!

1 Like

Oh wow, I totally forgot about White Light! I LOVE that song. It’s definitely one of my favorites.
I have to admit I bought the OVAs ages ago of ToS but never watched past first episode I think lol, but I love the song :3
Tales of songs fit pretty well for this story, huh.
ring a bell is also an option now that I think about it…

And don’t worry, I understand. I’m really obsessed with Tales of too😂

2 Likes

I got my friend’s vote of confidence that the sims I made of Elias is good looking so I wanted to share :pleading_face: :point_right: :point_left: I don’t know how to embed an image into the post since I don’t think I’m allowed to post media yet but here’s the link :relaxed:

10 Likes

A song I associate my MC’s feelings about Leon, post-bbq, will be “I’m Still Loving You” by Shiga Lin. Especially the chorus:

Why did you tear my heart apart
You said you’d love me from the start
All those painful things you’ve put me through
But I’m still loving you

6 Likes

Believe me, my MC is ready to say “C’est moi” and take the things to the next level, so far like the song and go deep down into the spiral of revenge, spreading the chaos and dragging all in her way. Yes, she will choose the revenge path, but maybe the redemption of the city will calm her resentment and then there will be no point to repaid with a massive bbq :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Guys help me, by brain just created the weirdest abomination?
Suddenly, out of NOWHERE, I had that exact thought: “Hey, what if was possible to romance MC’s phantasma?”
How did I even come up with that? :scream_cat:

Yes, I know it won’t come to that.
No, I wouldn’t want it to come to that.

But did ANYONE else actually think of that??? :rofl:

10 Likes

WoW, that was an interesting thought. And it’s absolutely creepy. But I did not thought of that.

4 Likes

He looks good! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Love the haircut on him.

…well, far be it from me to kinkshame. :smile: You’re free to ship your MCs with Gweila if you’re so inclined…

By the way, Ilya art!

Ilya

She’s shown here in her saintess garbs, performing a bit of her theurgy. The bangs are new post-resurrection, which you’ll be given an in-game option to note. :smiley:

(Currently contemplating the wisdom of also commissioning pre-resurrection White Fangs, after the core cast has been completed. The gang has all changed pretty significantly–Saine grew a lot taller, and Leon lost a lot of weight because of, uh, reasons. Very low on the priority list, though!)

Artwork done by the brilliant Khutilust, who you can commission here !

Saine is up next. :smile:

57 Likes

Oh my god, Ilya is beautiful oh my god :pleading_face: I love the idea of pre-resurrection White Fangs, hope it will see the light of days one day! I also just received commissioned art made by Trix the Fox of my MC and Elias :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hope you like them!

9 Likes

Damn, Illya looks so beautiful. Btw what’s Eli’ magic’ color?

4 Likes

Absolutely not :rofl:
I’m very content with Leon’s romance, and besides, it was a random thought that I don’t even agree with, because my brain is weird sometimes.
And weeell, if ANY, it would have been Airas since they’re the only one I truly know. I still refuse!

And Ilya is so pretty! Basically just like I imagined her!

1 Like

This pic elevates her character imo.

As I’m with Illya’ romance.

I wonder what color everyone’s magic is.

6 Likes