A Mage Reborn, Book Two (WIP) - UPDATED August 7th | Book One Released!

It probably won’t be easy. Judging from the current Patreon demo, the WF members are already being wary of the MC when they learned about them coming back to life. Saine even thought about offing the MC if they are working for Arcadia, or if they are an undead wearing the MC’s face. :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

Considering that in-universe genuine resurrection is unheard of outside a few Arcadian mages, Saine and Leomar being wary is imho very understandable!

Especially given the circumstances in which Saine found us out…

In fact, I would argue that given those circumstances, Saine and Leon would be irresponsible rulers if they did NOT consider if MC may be a hostile construct.

Ilya, on the other hand, almost certainly knows that MC is the real deal and is also being heavily controlled by someone, but cannot say this to anyone.

23 Likes

I really doubt that will happen, but I guess I would be okay with it in the slim chance it does. I would, however, be very happy if you get to sorta play double agent and actually betray Tahlia instead hehe :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

This is, of course, assuming that there’s some restrictions to Tahlia’s powers that would prevent her from mind reading and torturing the mc. Even then, though, it sounds like a coding nightmare with all the branches such a plot line could go down, and the story really doesn’t seem to be heading in such a direction. So yeah, highly unlikely to happen but could be interesting.

On a completely different note, I’ve been wondering, is there a poll somewhere in this thread for favorite RO? I’m quite curious, tbh.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong with being cautious. But if Ilya can think that the MC must have been forced or controlled by someone to work for Arcadia, why can’t Saine? And for him to have the thought of killing the MC again just left a bitter taste in my mouth.

I mean, I don’t expect Leon to be able to think this way, since he isn’t exactly a bright man, but Saine? I thought he was better than that. Now, Ilya is the only WF member left that I still see as a friend.

@An_Eyewitness

The thing is, the MC doesn’t have a corpse. They’ve been burned to ashes, remember?

Though I suppose if Saine is trying to kill an Arcadian-supporting MC to defend Param, it’s understandable. But it still stings, especially when we take into consideration after what Leon and Param did to them. Can anyone blame the MC for switching side after what happened?

3 Likes

Saine does consider that possibility and is only dead set on killing the mage if they are a zombie puppet, impostor or other mockery of his dead friend. He doesn’t know if true resurrection is possible or not, so he has multiple opinions about what’s going on. Even in the case that it’s the real mage but opposed to him, he doesn’t want to kill them, it’s only in the case that his friend’s corpse is being defiled that he goes straight to murder.

Also worth mentioning that the leader of Arcadia wants him personally dead and his nation subjugated so even if he was out to kill a willing Arcadia collaborator mage it wouldn’t be that unreasonable.

19 Likes

Lmao the Patreon spoilers…

The Rumbling ending is starting to become far more appealing to me because of all that spoilers.

Also when did that come out? Because according to the rules concerning Patreon, Adam has to post it here in a few weeks as well.

1 Like

As long as Saine’s intention of killing the Mage is only in response to them being A, a zombie. B, a fraud, or C, a puppet, then I have no issue with it as long as that’s where the intention is coming from.

If it turns out that it extends beyond that though, I’m gonna be rather sad.

3 Likes

I was trying to be vague enough to not spoil the Patreon demo, but it seems that barbecue’s been lit anyway.
I definitely read Saine’s reaction as protectiveness over both Param and the memory of MC, not as him being ready to turn on MC.

12 Likes

Apologies. I got too emotional about Saine that I couldn’t keep myself from partaking in the BBQ. I’ll avoid this topic altogether from now on to avoid making further spoilers, until the public demo gets updated…

If it gets updated.

2 Likes

I hope the public demo gets updated soon, so that we can openly talk about it because there are so many bombshells in it!
I do understand why Adam prioritizes the Patreon though, that is his source of income.

20 Likes

Response to the trauma and fire phobia talk. The mc spent half there life being tortured, locked inside a lab

After that I’d figure getting torched would be a walk in the park honestly

Also have we ever debated if the mc that we are even have memories of that…?

9 Likes

Fr. I’m sweating trying to not give into the temptation of clicking on those spoiler tags. :sob:

4 Likes

Just give in to temptation and click on them spoilers. Resistance is futile. :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

I understand if the author wants to take time before updating the public demo.

I can’t wait to see how the story unfolds. I don’t mind if Saine and Ilya turns against mc.
I am all for that delicious angst.

11 Likes

Man, if Saine and Ilya did turn against them my mage might just crack, since Saine was like a brother to him and he loves Ilya, Leon’s betrayal almost broke him, those 2 turning on him might just send him down the insanity path lol.

4 Likes

Book 2 literally begins with the MC in agony from the fire while being resurrected, so I think it’s safe to say MC remembers.

10 Likes

Hi everyone, update within 24 hours! Posting for the sake of accountability. Update should be well over 100k words in length. It’s been a tough few months, but I hope to be able to return to consistent monthly updates moving forward. Thank you for your patience all this time!

104 Likes

You OK, dude?

7 Likes

Hi Parivir how is your health? Hope you’re doing alright pal :grin: All the best for your next update :+1:

11 Likes

Sorry to hear you’ve had a difficult time recently, I hope things get/are better! Remember your health is most important, take all the time you need.

15 Likes