Shattering Time - Demo (On Hiatus)

Wait… that sounded weird. NVM

@Hollywood_University, after a few moments of trying to figure out what you mean, I’ve decided to settle for responding with a picture.

@Doctor
Well, I thought that the MC is somewhere around 17-19, yes. And some People are still with 19 in School, depending on where they live ^^
In my Country, it is normal to stay in School up to 20 years or longer, depending on what you decided to learn.
But perhaps I should say University? I was not exactly sure what to call the School because there are so many different names… Highschool, College, University etc. But I guess I will change it to University.

And about the Drivers licence ^^ I am almost 20 and do not have one yet sadly, as it is very expensive sadly …

@Hollywood_University
Thank you again for the help :3
And don’t worry, there will be more important choices coming in the first chapter. I wasn’t really sure what I was supposed to add in the prologue, but as it is just the beginning, I thought it might not be thaaaaat important.

Yeah you probably mean university…

Here, where I live, we put Primary and Secondary schools under the term “school”. So when we say school that’s what we mean. Which is something you graduate at the age of 18 at most depending on when you were born.

So if you are in university and say you go to school people will just think you were held back and didn’t graduate yet.

I guess we put primary and secondary schools under the general term of “school” because they both have school in their names while university doesn’t. We’re very creative xD

Drivers license is fine IMO. I’m 21 in December and I don’t have one. See no real point seeing how busses are tons cheaper in both the short and long run. Plus I don’t care enough to bother with cars.

Oh, alright, thank you :smile:

We have it very easy. Of course, we have different names too, but all end with ‘school’, so we just say school to everything. That’s why I was confused at first XD

Another thing, would you still say ‘school day’ though you are going to university then, or would you say university day? Would sound a bit weird in my opinion, though… I guess it still sticks with school day?

We… Don’t really say anything to my knowledge… I mean yeah in school we called it a school day and had lessons.

In university it’s just a day with a few hours of lectures. There may be a term for it but I have never heard of it in my 3 years of being in university.

Then again maybe it’s because school lasts a really long time (basically wasting your day) while in uni you have relatively short lectures. Heck my longest day is 2 hours lecture, 1 hour break and another 2 hours of lectures. So not very… Day like I suppose.

I do wonder if there is a school day equivalent for universities.

Oh, well… I guess I will change one or two sentences regarding that part. Thank you though!
Somehow, in germany everything is easier regarding that part o.o
we just say school day for everything mostly (at least where I am).
Everyone knows what you are talking about then XD

What country does the game take place in?

There is no specific country. I guess you can say it is some sort of fantasy world?
At least it does not play in any country of the real world.

I think you’re just bumping in to the ambiguousness of the English language here :smile:

hides

Now that you mentioned it… Eh well, I have no name yet for the country XD I guess that will follow soon though.

Update 11/27

We now have the possibility to save the game during our gameplay!
This is possible because of the plugin from @CJW
Thanks!
PS: Whenever I update the game, the previously made saves do not work anymore sadly.

Also, because some are probably annoyed when trying to find mistakes [Thank you all for the help!] I added a ‘skip scene’ button. You now can skip certain parts of the game for testing the game :slight_smile:

I fixed the mistakes you guys pointed out to me and I hope I got everything right :stuck_out_tongue:

What will soon be implemented?
Of course, I am writing the next chapter. I am not sure when that will be, but I think around next week or the week after.
Besides that, I am also working on a Characterpage, where you can see details about the characters you met during the gameplay.
Any suggestions? I am always open for new ideas.

3 Likes

I don’t know if this is a bug but after you finish asking Ash questions there’s an error

Oh my… I will take a look!
Thanks for telling me.

EDIT:
It is now fixed. And while I was at it, I also added the character biographies.

Not trying to be sexist or anything but after choosing a male character It stated that Taylor was a guy(Taylor doesn’t really seem like a guy name to me)

Taylor is gender neutral.

What do you mean by neutral???

The name Taylor can be used for female as well as male characters, same for Kim oe Alex.
That means neutral :slight_smile:

Also Jack is neutral if you get in the universe of ME :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice upgrades! /Updates)) Keep up the great job!

Oh, didn’t knew Jack is neutral as well ^^° Never heard of a woman named Jack, so… yeah :smiley:
And thank you! I hope to add new stuff very soon. ~