A great man embarks on his journey into the undiscovered country

I’m kind of surprised I didn’t see anything about it on this forum. Not that every single forum everywhere needs a topic about it, but that seems to be the way of things. Anyway, Leonard Nemoy died today, (or yesterday for most of you) at 83 after suffering from a long term illness. Not exactly shocking, but still kind of sad that it’s finally come to pass. For any of you who somehow don’t know. Leonard Nemoy played Spock on the original Star Trek series and movies. He’s also somewhat less famous for poetry and supporting various causes, but ultimately is a massive icon of nerd culture in general and if you don’t know who he is you better be a teenager or younger or turn in your nerd card right now. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyway, he sent this out on Twitter on the 22nd as he probably knew he was likely to die soon:

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

“Of my friend, I can only say this: of all the souls I have encountered in my travels, his was the most… human.”

Wow – I hadn’t heard. He’ll be remembered.

I heard about this, but I never watched Star Trek so I didn’t know who he was…

It’s rather heart-breaking to see Mr. Nimoy pass away.

If you ever watched the original G1 Transformers cartoon, he was the original voice of Galvatron in the movie.

His other great works aside, this will always be perhaps my most endearing memory of the man, because it never fails to make me chuckle:

In star trek online, thousands of players went to vulcan to honor Leonard Nemoy. In memory of his character spock they are going to build a statue of him on Vulcan.

Hm, that doesn’t really even screw up the lore considering that Spock is MIA thanks to the new movie’s in canon alternate universe reboot thing. Cool.