A Giant's Tale (WIP) (Chapter One Added!)

That’s weird…20 characters

I seem to be having the same problem, it will not load past the fight. I enjoyed this update alot and am very eager to see how the story progresses.

Well that is where chapter 2 ends, It’s supposed to cut straight to the ending. I’ll get it fixed soon.

I’m glad you enjoyed it.

Chapter 3 is going to be a dozy to write.

1 Like

I am liking this game more and more. Keep up the great writing

I’m definitely enjoying the WIP. I can’t be the only one morbidly curious about Carrie lol

Hi, I’ve just got a couple of things to report. Although I’m unsure if the second thing is just the end of the demo.

Possible Spoilers

The first error message is in the woods, when we encounter the shark dude. I am unable to select the ‘speak to him’ option:

The second is during the fight with the vine woman, I’m unable to throw a projectile:

I noticed a few typos too but nothing too glaring. I can screenshot them if you like :slight_smile:

I’m loving the demo so far, it’s really interesting; you’re doing a great job! :blush:

1 Like

Thanks for pointing this out. I’ll get to work quickly

1 Like

Oof, Carrie’s going to be hell for the MC. Especially if you start to romance the RO’s

Other than the errors that were already pointed out, the only thing I have to say is that you should redo the scene where we’re searching for Bran so that the players aren’t able to just go back to the same people they just talked to and keep on racking up stat changes for our personality and our relationship with Carrie.

It’s funny thinking how we’ll be soulmates with Carrie just because we keep accepting her compliments. :kissing_heart:

ANOTHER UPDATE!

As August comes to a close I will be finishing up with Chapter 3.

And with a new semester of of college coming I’ll probably only be able to update sparsely.

This update has 11,477 words.

The whole game is 64,258 with commands and 61,422 without

7 Likes

I probably should have posted this already but here we go.

These are all the races that I’ve decided to put into this story.

Humans

The most common race to populate the planet. There life expectancy is the lowest to other races, with the average healthy human living up to 140. If a human happened to be a practicing mage then they could live up to 200. If their talents with magic are high enough, then it is possible for them to live even longer. However, it takes constant vigilance. Humans do not have an inherent talent for magic. Most humans are born with weak magic reserves. This causes them to gravitate more towards machines and machinery. However, those who are born with more magical potential can often rival the most gifted elf mages. Despite this humans are an all-around race, sharing decent strengths in all sorts of tasks.

Elves

Elves are one of the lesser common races to populate the planet. Their life expectancy is the longest out of all races capping off at 850 for the average healthy elf. Also because of there long live spans, their birth rates are lower than other races.

They are a tall and proud race, known for their graceful walks and unnatural beauty. They are usually fair skinned with sharp youthful features and straight silky hair. Hair color ranges widely from chestnut brown to platinum blonde. They are weaker physically than most races, but they make up for it with their speed, agility, and height. Another advantage they have is their abnormally strong magical reserves. They are the leading magical practitioners in the world, with most of their time devoted on studying and mastering their craft . Elves find no need in messing with machinery, and often turn up their nose at the prospect of coming into contact with anyone related to its production. Magic has been the main focus in their culture for a long time, and the intend to keep it that way.

Halflings

Halflings are the second most common race outside the humans, and unfortunately are the weakest physically out of all the races. There life expectancy is the second lowest , the average healthy halfling living up to 180 years. They have the resemblance of a human child except with larger eyes and pointed ears. Known for their complacency and weak wills, many in their history have been subjected to slavery. What’s worse is that they have little to no magical reserves, making them susceptible to magical attacks. So they prefer to work with machinery, even more so than most. Despite all of their handicaps, they are diligent workers and light on their feet. They also rival elves in speed…

Orcs

Orcs are an uncommon race to find. Though most ventured away from their lives in nomadic tribes, most still prefer to live in secluded villages barely letting outsiders in. Their life expectancy is said to be in the 200s but most Orcs tend to dies early due to battle wounds. All in all they are warrior race.

They are what most consider to be ugly, terrifying and extremely strong, with muscular bodies and skin ranging from an ash grey to an earthy green. They usually have long prominent fangs and a mouthful of sharp teeth that is often used as a powerful weapon. It’s said that a bite from an orc could crush a human skull like it an apple.Their hair is usually wild, and a dark brown, but most either tie it up or shave it.

They are known to be a ferocious, violent race, and very protective of their own kind. Despite being the known strongest race, they lack intelligence and speed. Because of this you are less likely to find an Orc scholar but more soldiers, blacksmiths, hunters, and other…unpleasant lines of work. They don’t care for most magics

Fishfolk WIP (Im still working on this one)

Fishfolk are uncommon to see deep in land. Most of the time they are found along the coastlines of countries or on islands, however their home is in the sea.

They are a bipedal race looking like a cross between a fish (or any other aquatic creature) and a human. They have webbed feet and hands, and sharp claws depending on the sub species.

Dwarves

Dwarves are third most common race in the planet even though most of their numbers populate the old continent. Many like to say that they are the biological cousins of the halfling even though the only similarity they have is their height. Dwarves are a short but powerful race, their strength only second to the Orcs. Their bodies are stout with wide foreheads, button noses, thin lips, and pointed ears.Their hair is usually curly with color ranging from a fiery red to a dirt brown. Like the Orcs, they are quite slow, but can have small bursts of speed to rely on.

Unlike the halflings they have strong and charismatic personalities, and very loyal to family and those they make friends with. However, they can be quick to anger and can easily lose trust in people if they step one foot out of line. Their relationship with magic is unique than most, as their magical reserves are on the moderate side. They see the benefits of both magic and machinery, so they use them interchangeably.

Norki

The Norki are another race found on this planet. Unlike the other races, they share some avian qualities.They have humanoid bodies but have a sparse layer of feathers on their skin that acts like fur. They have a second layer of feathers on their heads that act like hair, and can even be grown out. Instead of five fingers they have for longer ones with fingernails as long and sharp as claws. Their faces have long flat noses and relatively human eyes and mouths, but their mouths are wide and thin. An average healthy Norki can live up to 200 years, and with their above average magical reserves, a practisoning Norki mage could easily live well over 300 years. A unique thing about Norki’s is that they are born without developed wings.

You’ll never see a Norki child outside their home kingdom. Norki’s are only allowed to travel out into the world once their wings develop.

Yeah this is all that I had on a google doc. Just something for me to think about and free write on.

World Building is hard :sob::sob::sob::sob:

6 Likes

what got you two make A giants tale

I got the idea of A Giant’s Tale from thoughts that I’ve had constantly in my head for a while. It was the combination of reading and watching a ton of fantasy media, and watching a lot of anime.

Even when I was working on the WIP I had previously, I was thinking about this one quite a lot. So I knew I just had to write it down. The story changed a lot from the beginning and luckily I have a drive to continue to write this.

This is my first original project that I’ve put so much effort in, and I really want to see how far I can take this.

Oh God I’ve never felt so attatched to characters I’ve made before in my lifffffffffeeeeeeeeeee. IT HURTS MY SOUL :sob:

5 Likes

I now want either a orc or norki ro I blame you.

2 Likes

Don’t worry my child, you’ll meet both of them in time…

Would you settle for a half-orc half elf one tho?
please say yess
he’s my precious baby :sob:

6 Likes

Fyi, when choosing to throw somthing during the fight before chapter 3, it stops there and won’t let you go to chapter 3

Thanks for that. I’ll take care of that quckly.

Also found this

Fixed it!..20 characters

Only because you asked so nicely yes.