A Drop of Night (WiP) (Demo Uploaded 04/11/2017)

This is quite interesting
and there are unique powers for unique characters too
And the naming design looks rad and cool (pun intended for Zero)

I am looking forward for the prologue :slight_smile:
And most of all, the character customization and how the story goes.

3 Likes

If we were to go into public during the day our powers would be weakened right? So wouldn’t all we would have to do to to have shadows and not be in sunlight is to carry a parasol

“Light begets darkness and darkness begets light”, so I’m pretty sure light would stop your powers going rampant so daytime wouldn’t necessarily be a weakness you’d just have to use your powers more strategically.

3 Likes

As long as there are shadows we’re good and apparently we can get over the light weakness sooner or later.

1 Like

What they said:

1 Like

You know, I told a ton of my friends in a PM I wasn’t commenting publicly on anything until one of my favorite WIPs came back, because nothing really interested me.

I think it’s safe for me to say that this has both interested me, and become one of my favorite WIPs, in a matter of half an hour.

You seem to have a really good and thought out concept and premise here, and I can’t wait until the demo drops.

You have a really great story in the works. I can see that much clearly. Good luck.

6 Likes

Oh. You found this as well.

I agree with my comrade here. It’s interesting and I eagerly await the demo.

2 Likes

Me: * whispers * Crow…?
Me: …
Me:

7 Likes

*From Ashes we Rise flashbacks

8 Likes

This is really interesting. Just one suggestion - if “conduit” is what Infamous is calling their powered people, you might want to find another name. You want your game to stand on its own, and if you borrow terms people might start thinking of it as Infamous fanfic.

11 Likes

That is actually something I thought about for a long time, but at the end of the day I couldn’t find a good enough term. I’m still searching, though. So I might put up a poll sometime soon.

8 Likes

You could call them according to this list.

8 Likes

Aberrants sounds like it would fit

2 Likes

I like deviants personally because we deviate from the norm.

6 Likes

Indeed. I’m making a list with the names I find would fit the best within the game world, and then I’ll put up a poll for an official government term and one for a slang term. One for formal use, the other informal, street talk level usage.

11 Likes

I’m rather fond of the sound of Inhumans, Unnaturals, Metas and Ultras.

Although some might be taken as an insult if you wanted to I suppose. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh that’s good idea. I’d pick ones that you’ve never heard of or associated with super powered people. Make it unique just like the power sets the characters have. Really interested to see what’s picked.

4 Likes

i have a liking to Aberrants, Deviants and Psions.

Deviants, Metas, Unnaturals can be the slang while Psions, Stalwarts or Aberrants can be the government term.

3 Likes

Sidenote: ‘Aberrant’ was the operative term for super powered people in a White Wolf pen and paper RPG of the same name (and two related RPGs that played before and after in the same timeline). Of course you’ll find that all of these terms have been in use. If you really wanted a virgin term you’d have to make your own.

I’m liking the sound of the power the MC has!

1 Like