A Dog's Life Pt 1

Also, I will just finish the Fictional Breeds myself today. Some of these I really want in the game, so that’s my project for a little while (couple days probably)

3 Likes

Oh, I thought you’ve already implemented this system. My bad.

Technically it is implemented, but not until yesterday. There’s some chances pretty early on to get injuries, but not scars until closer to a year old

2 Likes

I’m personally not a fan of randomization. I’d really like to pick my coat and eye color, even if they’re limited by breed. Having any option is better than none at all.

4 Likes

I’ve been wondering something. What breed is Slash? I’ve been imagining him as a German Shepard but I might be wrong

He is a Staffie-Rottie mix

Edit: You don’t find out much about Slash, so I will post it here.

Slash is a 6 year old Staffie-Rottie mix. As a puppy, he was happy in his home until his person started training him for the Police force at 1 year old. His person was actually Jared, who ended up sending Slash (then known as Budweiser) to a new home when Slash did more than he should’ve on his first official day after training.
Slash was supposed to be the head Attack Dog on the force, but on his first day he went too far and killed the man he was supposed to be holding down. His dog mentor, Jekyll, was ashamed and refuses to remember him because the damage he caused that day.
Slash knows he got too excited, however he did not realize that the humans thought he wanted to kill the man.
It was a massive misunderstanding which could never be rectified because humans & dogs cannot communicate something like that to each other. Humans thought he was a savage, Slash thought they knew he was excited and accidentally got out of hand.

Also, Slash is a very important dog for Strays in their first year on the streets. He has a minor event, which can actually help determine a possible mate choice. He will be in danger of getting hit by a car, as well as another dog, and you can choose to rescue him or the other dog.

4 Likes

Having a bit of a problem working for a bit. Family is demanding I work (as in a 9-to-5 job outside of home) & I may be doing that during most of the week. I will work as much as possible, but it’s going to be slow for awhile. But I am still working on the game regardless.

2 Likes

Think you could add the caucasian shepherd as a breed it was be classed a giant breed.

So this game is on pause because I will be in the hospital. I do not have a date for when I get out however. This is a self-check in, not an emergency thing, so I’m unclear on time spent there. I’m not allowed a phone, let alone a laptop. I will work when I’m out.

5 Likes

Oh man that’s sucks. I hope you feel better!

Okay, your health is more important

Take all the time you need. Hope you feel better!

Just an update. I’m still in the hospital, but am considered long term (yay for earning a 15 minute phone use). Probably gonna b n here for a couple months unfortunately.
Occassionally we can earn the rights to use phones for awhile (like today I finally did), but it’s not very often. Will keep you guys updated as much as I can.

6 Likes

Just focus on getting better

1 Like

So I have been released from the hospital (mainly because my insurance will not cover my stay anymore), but this game is on pause for the moment. I want to work, but not full time. And a friend of mine began their own game during my stay, so I am going to help them while I continue outpatient care. I’m literally just telling them how to fix issues, go between scenes, and work with temp variables. I’m not doing any writing myself on their game.

6 Likes

Unfortunately I will be unable to post things for awhile, or update any games. I am being admitted to a hospital again but this time i know I won’t be out for a few months and am unable to bring my phone this time. Will contact the admins when I am able to update my forums.
I am hoping this is the last time I am admitted (but I guess that will depend on if I have competent drs or not)

4 Likes

So I am back, I am getting better, but unfortunately I am slow to start my work at the moment. It may be some time before I am able to focus on it fully (or even partially) because my health is my priority, and I am working with a doctor on how I can get “back to normal”.

16 Likes

Welcome back

2 Likes

Thats great news, don’t worry about the whole story stuff we’re all just glad things are getting better for you, take as long as you need and then take some more for fun, we’ll still be here cheering you on❤ ps i have never really used a heart in a text before that felt wierd

4 Likes

Glad you are getting better

2 Likes