I’m currently writing a game that centers around mythology, specifically North American myths and folktales for the first game. I’m curious about everyone’s interest and thoughts on such a game!
The world of myth and legend had been on the decline for centuries despite the best efforts of the species left behind. The dawn of the new millennium changed all that and now the governments of the world scramble to fend back the onslaught of hostile beings, all the while keeping them hidden from the common populace.
You’re a new recruit of the Bureau of Supernatural Affairs (or the BSA). What brought you to the Bureau doesn’t matter. You are no longer a part of the normal world. You are now a phantom, a shadow, a man-in-black…spoken of in soft whispers by the paranoiacs and conspiracy theorists of the world. What is your fate? Will you devote your life to the Bureau, forgoing human attachment? Will you find love regardless of this harrowing lifestyle? How high will you advance in the Bureau? Will you even stay with the Bureau at the end? It all remains to be seen…Welcome to this Cryptic Masquerade!
You will have seven stats that will affect how you progress through the story. They include;
- Martial Arts - Your skill in hand to hand combat.
- Weaponry Skill - Your skill with guns, explosives, and melee weaponry.
- Medical Training - Your ability to tend to wounds, both your own and others.
- Tech Proficiency - Your ability with computers and other advanced technology.
- Subtlety - Your skill in stealth and your ability to lie.
- Persuasion - How convincing you are when you speak.
- Occult Knowledge - The amount of knowledge on the Occult, specifically their behaviors and weakness’.