Hello all! This is a story/world I’ve been building for several years that lends itself so well to this format that I decided to make it a game instead of a novel. I’ve been dabbling in interactive fiction for years but was never very serious about it until now. This is a story I’ve wanted to tell for a long time, so I’m really glad I finally found a satisfying way to do it.
Play as two characters: The Mercenary, a former adventurer now living in the human realm and working as an unsatisfied investigator; and The Painter, an apprentice to a potions master who yearns to leave the capital and see the world.
- Be male, female, or non-binary
- Be straight, gay, bi, or asexual
- Romance nearly any NPC in the game
- Wield magic as a gods-blessed illumaei, sorceress, blood mage, or valla elf; wield weapons as a human or an elven ranger
- Negotiate, seduce, sneak, or battle your way through the many realms of Midgautt
- Journey alone or with unique companions
- Use magic to create constructs, summon monsters, curse enemies, and more
- Win a tournament of Pendire: The Game of Thieves
You can now play the first chapter, which has a word count of 30,000. You begin the game as the mercenary and accept a job that will take you across the human realm.
Play the demo: https://dashingdon.com/go/4030
I want to update this every 2-4 weeks, as soon as a new chapter is finished. There are going to be 13 total and a word count around 500,000 when it’s finished. Then, with any luck, I’ll get to work on Book Two!
4/9/2019: Fixed bug when playing Pendire with Nacragi deck, changed class/race selection, removed sexuality spectrum