Hello all! This is a story/world I’ve been building for several years that lends itself so well to this format that I decided to make it a game instead of a novel. I’ve been dabbling in interactive fiction for years but was never very serious about it until now. This is a story I’ve wanted to tell for a long time, so I’m really glad I finally found a satisfying way to do it.
Something strange is happening in the land of Midgautt. The southern elves have opened their borders for the first time in nearly 1,000 years and refuse to say why. Rumors fly about a great rift opening in the sea near Taeggyra, swallowing all ships and creatures who come too close. And the festival—there is something strange going on with the festival.
Play as two MCs: The Mercenary, a former adventurer now living in the human realm and working as an unsatisfied investigator; and The Painter, an apprentice to a potions master who yearns to leave the capital and see the world.
- Be male, female, or non-binary
- Be straight, gay, bi, aromantic, or asexual
- Romance nearly any named NPC in the game (meaning that they show up under “relationships” on the stat screen)
- Wield magic as a gods-blessed illumaei, sorceress, blood mage, or valla elf; wield weapons as a human or an elven ranger, sentinel, or brigand
- Negotiate, seduce, sneak, or battle your way through the many realms of Neprenia
- Journey alone or with unique mortal, animal, and mechanical companions
- Use magic to create constructs, summon monsters, curse enemies, and more
- Win a tournament of Pendire: The Card Game of Thieves
You can now play the first two chapters, which have a word count of 64,000.
Play the demo: https://dashingdon.com/go/4030
Tumblr, updated ever 1-2 days: https://ignifexgames.tumblr.com/
I want to update this every 2-4 weeks, as soon as a new chapter is finished. There are going to be 13 total and a word count around 500,000 when it’s finished. Then, with any luck, I’ll get to work on Book Two!
5/15/2019: Journal element added, more customization of stat screen, tweaks & grammar fixes
5/5/2019: Chapter 2 added, along with the following changes:
- Stat change notifications (turned off by default, can be turned on in stat screen)
- Customize stat screen appearance
- Save system implemented
- ‘Dreamer’ stat renamed to ‘optimist’
- ‘Mana’ stat for mages renamed to ‘vitality’ and applied to all classes
- Felix dialogue overhaul (chapter 1)
- Prisoner description overhaul (chapter 1)
- Better inn prices (chapter 1)
- Clearer weapon classes for humans and elves
4/9/2019: Fixed bug when playing Pendire with Nacragi deck, changed class/race selection, removed sexuality spectrum