With their last dying breath, your best friend told you about the treasure hidden in the perilous Dungeon of Lamurloq. Are you ready to leave all behind you and try your luck?
The games features:
- Immersive, animated graphics by @loudbeat.
- Secondary theme by @plumbeast.
- Concept and coding by @choicehacker.
- Original soundtrack “A Rose in the Ice” by Winter’s End.
- Highly interactive gameplay (keyboard controlled).
- Extensive hint system to keep the players motivated.
- The first 3D game engine (?) developed in Choicescript.
Let us have your thoughts, suggestions and comments.
- Developed in an unmodified CS environment.
- Every game is fully randomized and different (with fully recursive mapping).
- If you are willing to wait at rendering, you can play extremely large maps.
Minimal use of *script
I have used very minimal *script, most of which avoidable:
- Arrays are created programmatically (to avoid a million *create statements), see How to deal with arrays
- Key presses are read with *script. You can use the regular choices if you want.
- Note there is no magic CSS overlaying or scripting to render the maze!
- The game won’t run properly on mobile.
- The graphics won’t work well on a screen-reader. Maybe there is a way to narrate the maze (“There is an opening on the left”) using the alt-text. I would love to have some suggestions.
- Well, we need a real story.
- We could add obstacles, NPCs, traps and more in the maze.
Also, yes, you can Can I make a 3D game in ChoiceScript?