[WIP] Untitled Medieval Fantasy RPG

Alright, folks.
Lore got 17 votes, and Character got 16. Unless I miscounted, the Lore is the winner! Yay :sparkler:

This time, I’ll bring up the topic about the Black Eyes and their implication in the daily life of the people of Valena. I might also nudge a topic about two prominent metaphysical powers in the universe: The Darkness and The Light.

It’s lore time!

The Black Eyes

Every living being possesses a soul. And that soul belongs to someone; to something. If they don’t belong to one, they will always belong to the other.

When a Soulcore emits the characteristic of white aura, that Soulcore belongs to the Light. That soul is blessed by the Light. With their blessing, we have sentience, we have agency, we have the power to live and heal.

However, when a Soulcore emits the characteristic of a dark aura, it belongs to the Darkness. It is corrupted.

And Darkness will always corrupt.
Unity they might promise you, power they might grant you, faculty they might bestow you, but their blessings are different from ours.

No. Theirs is not even a blessing. They don’t bless, they don’t give.
Darkness only corrupts, only takes.

If your family practiced the art of Dark Magic, you’ll still have the chance to save them from corruption, as long as they don’t give in to the promise of the Darkness: to exchange their Light for the one of the Darkness.

But if they already did, if they have the Black Eyes, then they’re beyond saving. To put them to eternal rest is the best of their fate, as being corrupted is a fate worse than death itself.

In that case, the Paladin will take a good care of them. Please support their mission in any way you can. Any action or deed that is deemed as an attempt to fail their mission is considered a big crime, punishable by a public execution of the White House’s choice.

– End

And that’s it!
If you see a Black Eyed in your journey, try not to do anything creative. Report them to local authorities, and you can move on with your happy life. Everything will be fine.
Unless you’re a Paladin, of course.

As for the character, I think I need more time for it. I’m not really confident to reveal their motive if they don’t have a proper motivation in their life, yet :sweat_smile:

That being said, have you checked out the Main Post?
If not: 2 new characters have been added NPC N and A! Placeholders for our lovable narrators that you may don’t care about their existence.

And don’t worry if your voted topic didn’t win. Their lore and explanation will arrive eventually, and I might put up another vote for another big reveal :grimacing:

4 Likes