神龍之土 Land of the Dragon [WIP] (09/07/20 Update! The Uprising Appears!)

oohhh I see. I will have to go back and check that then. Thanks.

1 Like

I picked the “I’d do anything for you” choice and it said he was happy with my answer

2 Likes

Maybe the success of that answer depends on… trusting? or empathy? Idk I’ll have to try later

1 Like
Under the cut bec idk if Hilsee wants us to know, hehe

Lavender is Fang Yun’s scent. I read the code.

Actually, each response to Long Qing can go well provided you have the matching personality traits.

For example, this answer :arrow_double_down:

…will require a higher “Trusting” stat. If your “Cautious” is higher than your “Trusting”, Long Qing thinks u lyin’ regardless of your actual intentions.

So @PhilosoTor, the “layin’ it on too thick” approach can actually work!

:arrow_up: For this one to go well, your “Direct” stat needs to be higher than your “Subtle” one.

Sorry if I’m spoiling too much, @ohmyvalar ! i’m not sure if this is supposed to be public knowledge oops

Love you Hilsee! :grimacing:

4 Likes

Found this while trying to talk to the brother

It happened for all the choices

1 Like

@UmbraLamia If you’re referring to the second set of choices, this was my rationale behind each option:

1. Direct confession about the toxic side of palace life which resonates w Long Qing, can raise r/s w/o actually committing to him or expressing ambition
  2. Ambitious af but w enough cautious can avoid Long Qing suspicion (ooh that gives me an idea maybe I should add a suspicion stat for more dramatic high r/s but high suspicion events… or maybe I’ll just use the RO and r/s stats bc I’m lazy lol since suspicion alr does -r/s)
  3. Deflecting vague answer, which u can interpret as either bc MC really hides ambition or bc they can’t promise they won’t be forced into making moves against Long Qing
  4. Trusting vow of loyalty to work for Long Qing, but hey circumstantial changes may make it invalid on both sides’ promises anyways… >:)

Do you think I should add/modify options to facilitate other viewpoints?

@Noah hmm I’m not really sure how to hint it without being jarring w the context of the scene and I think at this point the game is still p easy lol. Any suggestions?

@resuri08 mmm well in my mind when I wrote that option it was more of MC reading into Long Qing’s actual line of enquiry as a test of their loyalty, so MC can choose to directly vow loyalty instead of continuing to talk circles lol. Pls advice if that doesn’t rly make sense :joy: ppl often say I read too much into things, maybe it’s another one of those instances…

@Kirlett @Willow_Felya_G I’m glad you guys like Long Qing so far! And yes different scents unlock different memories w different characters… go forth my children and replay muahahhaha. About the kinky comment lol I added it in on an impulse if it’s too jarring for the ancient China setting I’ll take it out haha. As for the scent recognition that will probs be during the mini pre-ceremony meet&greet session MC will have which I’m uh still writing now lol.

@violet thanks for the mini explanation and tutorial! I appreciate them as long as they’re tagged spoilers haha. Yes, the second set of choices w Long Qing are all stat pair tests (the only one so far, so the scene w Yue is stat building and depends only on the option you chose w her). Feel free to play around for the “success” and “fail” scenes lol.

Thanks for the bug catching guys I’ll try to fix them next update!

7 Likes

is it a little too premature to add a flirty response lol

I mean, I kind of expected there to be a romantic answer, just like many WIPs out there…but what you have so far is realistic. Long Qing technically is still merely “brother dearest”

PSA guys, btw.

If you didn’t know, your stats actually define what kind of story you read. Some scenes + text are different depending on which stat is higher for your huangzi/gongzhu/treasure.

(e.g. that paragraph preceding the fragrance choices varies depending on your Trusting/Cautious stat )

The replayability value is :+1:t4:

7 Likes

I have to agree with @violet on the flirty choice.

Though I think it is a bit too soon for the loyalty and love line since they haven’t seen each other for years though and it seems out of place.

I am trying to think of an alternative for that line. =/

Edit: Upon checking the code and replaying it, there was no additional paragraph for those situations where you choose a specific action where you fail both stat checks for example, if you have an equal amount of Trusting and Cautious. Probably why I felt the last one is bit off because I didn’t pass both stat checks.

3 Likes

@violet Oh no lol so far all the stat paras are just a little bit of fun to hopefully increase immersion levels in gaming, when I look at older, more established (and for good reasons) WIPs I’m always awed by the amount of hidden content by *selectable if or *if etc. Later in the game when most MCs should have stabilised their stats I’ll try to implement more of these stat based content :slight_smile:

There won’t be a romantic option for this convo w Long Qing bc uh I can’t rly get into the mindset of an MC that immediately tries to flirt w someone they only know as their brother after years of being apart, even if that’s exactly what Long Qing is struggling w himself bc he uh knows some other secrets, shall we say. Especially since this is a serious convo that will set Long Qing’s initial r/s w MC. However, during the carriage ride there will be 1/4 option that allows for an uh heated moment between Long Qing and MC next update. On the whole romance w Long Qing will be more subtexty foe yay for the first few chapters bc MC doesn’t guess that they’re not siblings yet.

@resuri08 Oh no I didn’t think of that!! May I trouble u w a screencap for that scenario? I’ll think of sth to fix it lol. But ye that option makes more sense if u chose the wanna catch up option for the first choice w Long Qing, which is more an MC that’s nostalgic for their childhood closeness and is willing to essentially become Long Qing’s lackey to preserve their harmonious relationship.

9 Likes

This happened when I choose the last option. I have an equal amount of 50-50:Trust -Cautious ratio. It seems nothing happens. Perhaps a line or two would suffice. =)

Screenshot

1 Like

yeahpp… me over here thinking the options were the same every playthrough. What a wonderful surprise and happy I was wrong. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hmmm… what about a viewpoint that shows that the MC will stay out of the crown prince’s way?
Kind of like, i won’t stop you from doing anything, if you don’t do anything to me.

He probably won’t be happy about it, though! XD

And, mhm, lots of hidden stat checks there.

2 Likes

A relationship with a half sibling would be considered incestuous in this world correct?

1 Like

Hello there!
Long time lurker over here :sweat_smile:
Just dropping by to show some appreciation for the game, it is after all amazing.

Also, just out of curiosity… There isn’t currently a way to save your playtrough in the game, right?

2 Likes

Long Qing and the MC are apparently not related at all.

2 Likes

Spoiler: he sort of isn’t, but the characters don’t know that yet
so… yeeeeea… they’re in a weird zone right now…

2 Likes

The author confirmed they are not blood related.See earlier posts.

Ninja’d

@JamzIsMe So far, no.

1 Like

Thank you for clearing that up!

2 Likes

@JamzIsMe welcome to the comments section and I’m happy you like it so far! I’ve no plans to implement a save system anytime soon bc oh boy I can alr imagine the 199289 bugs that will arise from that… Besides I think the games still p short for now so it’s not yet necessary(?) maybe when I get better at coding lol (when will that be who knows TAT - rip autocorrect corrected that to YAY thanks for the vote of faith lmao)

@lokidemon007 if you’re asking if such a r/s would be considered incestuous by the Land in-game, then yes, it would. Although marrying cousins was a thing in ancient china, I don’t think we’ll be seeing that come into play in the game either lol.

@UmbraLamia hmm I didn’t add sth like that bc I thought option 3 would be a more realistic ver of that, but supposing a more idealistic/empathic MC… I can’t promise to add it, but I’ll keep that in mind! Thanks for the suggestion!

@resuri08 ohh so it skips right to the next label… Thanks for the info, I’ve added a few lines, they’ll be up w the next update!

@everyone else thanks for the help in replying!

4 Likes

hmmmm, the mc could find, per choice, some kind of book, one the mc is not supposed to read, about the trial and it could be hinted in there

1 Like