神龍之土 Land of the Dragon [WIP] (09/07/20 Update! The Uprising Appears!)

Update Summary:

• Set Crown Prince Long Qing relationship

• Stat boosting/test

• (someone help I’ve changed the code as some kind commentors suggested last update but the Trials still don’t work :persevere:)

Next update will be around the same length in a single playthrough, but with greater replayability bc you get to choose your RO of choice to journey w (or yknow leech them for info/travel alone) :smirk:

13 Likes

I’m gonna play it as soon as I can! :smiley: I’m really liking your work, I hope I can be of help :blush:

1 Like

How do we get it so we pass the trial?

it is currently broken and the author is trying to figure out how to fix it.

1 Like

so theres like no secret way even though its broken? I only ask Cause I remember some people commenting they could pass it

1 Like

The main problem here, is that after each trial, you’re sending us back to the

*label trial begin

Which is a problem because the next command to appear is

*disable_reuse
*temp passtrial 0

Now, disable reuse is correctly used, but you’re also resetting the passtrial to 0 each time, so it’s pretty much impossible to reach passtrial 100

my suggestion, is to have

*temp passtrial 0

and all other temp variables to be at the top of the page(beginning of the file)

3 Likes

or set trial value stat to zero each trial suceeded +50 and then after you press continue at the end it uses if Equal or greater 100 pass if less fail.
Edit: Hidden stat it should work and you dont need temp pass then you just make it a hidden statcheck

1 Like

Whether a temp is to be used or not depends on whether the stat will be used in future scene files, so it doesn’t matter too much if it doesn’t.

Another thing is:

*label trialbegins

The Emperor gestures down at the long table lying in the middle of the hall. "You will 
choose two of the relics that best show your qualities."

Once you have passed one, or even two trials, the words still say this, i suggest something like:

*label trialbegins

*if passtrial = 0
    The Emperor gestures down at the long table lying in the middle of the hall. "You will choose two of the relics that best show your qualities."

*if passtrial = 50
    something here saying only one trial left

*if passtrial >= 100
    something here saying required number of trials reached

And afterward, when the crown prince asks for the Mc’s opinion, one if statement reads:

*if (Direct>Subtle)

and the following one is:

*if (Subtle<Direct)

they mean the same thing, so more subtle MCs can’t get to answer.

And btw, it seems that from the earlier options, the MC will eventually have to try to get the throne, or pledge unending loyalty to the crown prince.

1 Like

I’ve just got the same error

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the bug catches and coding tutorials!

@UmbraLamia @Drakeye you’re lifesavers thanks senpais :heart_eyes: the Trial bug has finally been fixed! (at least I hope so lol) as for MC’s choices at the moment during interaction w Long Qing, it’s mostly for the purpose of stat checking and some exploration into the Crown Prince’s character. However what you chose at this stage will not be a binding commitment to your future ambitions (or lack thereof), although it affects Long Qing’s r/s and trust of MC, so even if you’re locked out of ‘succeeding’ at certain choices bc of stats it’s okay(? Is this what you’re asking lol)

@Willow_Felya_G @ten10 that should be fixed now, along w the blue eyes bug!

7 Likes

Thank you! I’ll try again :smiley:

1 Like

I meant more of… how do i phrase this…
I can tell that the purpose of the scene was to form the crown prince’s opinion of the MC?
But most, if not all of the options make it seem like the MC’s very ambitious, whether by want for power, or working for the crown prince no matter what.

2 Likes

To pass the trial the mc needs to have more than 30% in two stats, right?
Wouldn’t it be better to give some kind of hint at the beginning?

1 Like

The last option when Long Qing asked my MC what she think of the monarchy… The option is an odd addition or I might have misunderstood it’s meaning? Because from what I understand he didn’t ask anything from the MC… I also noticed that we didn’t get a reaction from him when we chosen an option.

Screenshot

1 Like

All seem to work right for me…I could pass the trial, and Long Quing seem quite interesting.

1 Like

OKAY so I didn’t want to play any update until the trial bug was fixed. I’m playing now and fangirling so hard already xD

I picked the scent I would like the most IRL and suddenly Chen Kun says it’s the Crown Prince’s favorite :smirk: BUT the text says the Prince will notice the scent, yet he doesn’t comment at all about it ;_;
This is fate. I thought Chen Kun would be my favorite RO but after meeting the Prince… :relaxed: Sorry, bodyguard!

I loved this part especially: A remnant shard of memory from your childhood: a proud smile shining down at you while the sun behind glared into your eyes, so that all you can see is a head of tussle auburn hair, bright, red, hot - like the sun. Then the grounding sensation of feeling naturally protected and safe, even as you are lifted high into the air by his strong, muscled arms. The sound of your shared joy ringing out in the air, pure and raw, the idea of division between you as yet incomprehensible.

And the conversation after the Trials… yes, I’m in love already. He’s the most interesting character for the time being. I don’t really want to pick this option, but what do you need for the “I’d do anything for you out of love and loyalty” option to work? I didn’t try, but seeing as the others needed certain requirements…

Moving on… Fang Yun is a great character! I loved her! The kind of female representation I love: intelligent, resourceful, with her own opinions and ready to voice them, yet femenine and without the need to rely on brute force to get what she wants. AND she respects other female characters.

The kinky comment on the box spirit… :joy::joy:

9 Likes

I didn’t know various scents choices will lead to a different memory. I was able to trigger Fang Yun’s memory, I guess I have to try which one is Long Qing. I do agree with Fang Yun. I want my MC to be her ally and an interesting character. XD

Edit: Found it. Obviously, Chen Kun doesn’t approve of Long Qing. :joy:

2 Likes

When talking about how you met Yue it says “But with your trusting nature you would never have guessed…” but trusting side is at 45 so my character is more cautious than trusting. Did you mean empathy? Because my mc empathy/cold stat does favor empathy.

1 Like

I think the text is not based on your stats but rather on how you react to the cat. If you say “Is this poisoned?” it will then say “your cautious nature”. Which will make your cautious stat go up. If you say “thanks for the snack” it gives you a trusting boost.

Just my opinion but I don’t think it’s supposed to work… Long Qing is distrustful, and rightly so, considering all the plotting and scheming. Apparently much of which is done by the MC’s mother and his own. So if you lay it on too thick he will become suspicious. If you choose to be subtle he seems to like that better.

2 Likes

That makes sense! But I thought it had to do with stats. When I picked the “I hate the palace” option, it said that I was usually more subtle and that’s what made him suspicious. And it’s true: my MC had high persuasion and was polite and subtle with everyone.

2 Likes