神龍之土 Land of the Dragon [WIP] (09/07/20 Update! The Uprising Appears!)

I’m loving with game so far!<3 Can’t wait to see where it goes, especially after this whole trials ordeal! Quick question though, maybe I accidentally missed something, but is Long Qing an RO despite being our brother? I’m not sure if it’s been explicitly stated on this thread that he is, but he’s labeled as “Long_Qing_RO” in the code so I’m guessing that he’s a romance option; so did I actually misread or skip something and he isn’t related to us by blood, or is he our actual brother? Or is there something else going on, given the ‘peculiar shade of his well-groomed hair’? :eyes::eyes:

2 Likes

He’s supposedly the Mc’s half-brother.

But…
who knows

5 Likes

Probably it’s just an error by the author? I hope he is not an RO. I mean, they both share a biological parent. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Presumably…
Muahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaa!
:smirk:

6 Likes

First off the only true born child of the Emperor would be the Crown prince, the elder prince would just be the elder prince he wouldn’t be the crown prince, and how is it possible to pass the trials when you have 2 chances to influence your traits during your childhood.

Hahaha yessssss give us that telenovela please :smirk::joy:

5 Likes

Let’s hope it’s the latter :joy:

Hmm, possibly?? Maybe between coding and writing/figuring out the plot, Long Qing’s role/relationship to the PC changed??? It does say that he has an evident resemblance to the Emperor/our shared parent, despite the whole hair looking different thing sooooo :eyes: So sus

@ohmyvalar PLEASE ENLIGHTEN US unless it’s a big spoiler ofc

3 Likes

The author already addressed the issue with the trial, the culprit was a faulty code entry that will get fixed as soon as possible.

2 Likes

You people looking at the code are kind of being spoilery-ish. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

4 Likes

I don’t know how you’re putting out updates so quickly @ohmyvalar but you are my new god now. ALL HAIL THE CHOSEN ONE :raised_hands::pray:

? As explained in earlier comments, in this game I am using the term ‘trueborn’ for a child of the Emperor and the Empress. The Crown Prince Long Qing is the eldest son of the Emperor with Imperial Consort Yi. The Elder Prince Long Juan however is the Emperor’s brother aka MC’s uncle.

Whoops I guess this really is confusing, family tree drawing coming up soon I promise…

MMM I didn’t expect someone to talk about this yet (next update/next next update will make this more prominent lol) but y’all too smart for me :joy:

I’m thINking hard about how much to tell y’all because this is a pretty big spoiler and worse it leads to an even bigger spoiler lol. For folks concerned about the incest issue, rest assured that Long Qing and MC are not blood siblings. In fact they have 0% blood relation. I can speak no more of this if not I’ll spoil sth serious lol!!

That being said if pseudo-incest vibes are still a problem with COG - as you guys will see later the Crown Prince has a serious complex about being your brother, I will remove Long Qing as an RO, but there will probably still be some… hints? But it won’t be more than the uh, usual in some genres of anime (ykwim).

@meiyuu @resuri08 @UmbraLamia @Kirlett ooh this is a nice feature maybe I’ll start tagging people instead of quoting lmao.

11 Likes

:joy: well I promised weekly updates, and so far my writing is still on schedule. But uh, yknow that thing I said about stable schedule=longer updates? I realize that the choices are branching out more and more, so future updates may have more replayability than narrative advancement;;

5 Likes

Nice to know that the Crown Prince is 0% blood relation but I do have mixed feelings about it even though I paired my Fire Emblem Fates MC with Takumi which was a same situation as above though the difference was the MC didn’t grow up together with Takumi. XD

3 Likes

Does he want sibling sex or is it he just feels inferior?

Psst. Do not forget my history lessons. No pressure or anything. :wink:

@resuri08 wow to think about it that IS a similar case lol. I love Fire Emblem (or at least watching YT walk through vids lmao) so maybe I was unconsciously borrowing the concept…? D: don’t worry tho MC isn’t the kidnapped child of other kingdom :joy: And Fire Emblem’s system of allowing you to romance basically every human person around is sth I wanna emulate in games lol. We shall see. Also Long Qing did leave for a span of years in your childhood and you’re only seeing him again now, soooo :smirk:

@No_This_Is_Patrick that is up to your interpretation as a player, but from my writing perspective it’s both, even if he himself doesn’t fully recognize it in non-RO routes. Although it’s less of an inferiority complex than him being conflicted between protecting you as an elder brother and ruthlessly dealing w u as a rival.

@PhilosoTor shh, don’t worry, they’re coming :smirk:

5 Likes

oh my actual gosh you play fire emblem aaaaaaah

@ohmyvalar you too?? aaaah okay yay. tbh i feel you bec the only times i get to play are on my friend’s ds lol. i keep those opportunities close to my chest

3 Likes

I’ll make sure my Princess confuses the shit out of him.

6 Likes

@ohmyvalar I suppose it’s fine if that’s the case. Are we informed that they are not related or not? XD

Truth to be told I cringed when that happens in animes/mangas/dramas. I just don’t know why it didn’t effect me much when I play FE:F, though when I played Conquest, it weirded me out when I married off the Corrin to Xander. :thinking: In the end, my OTP will be Corrin and Takumi. :joy:

I’ll probably wait and see if I found them interesting I suppose. :laughing:

@violet I’m not a veteran though. I only start playing when Fire Emblem:Awakening was released. :smiley:

3 Likes