How To See Other Games' Code (current info posted in OP and Post 146 on 6/18/19)

If you want to see the code of games purchased in Google Chrome Store. (Note this is not the same as the Play Store). What you need to do is first purchase the game on Google Chrome. (I’ll use Curse of the Black Cat as my example.)

Thieves' Gambit: The Curse of the Black Cat - Chrome Web Store - this is the webpage you buy it from. (Take a note of those letters at the end.)

Now you need to browse to where google chrome stores app data on your computer.

Navigate to chrome://version/ and look for Profile Path, it is the default directory that chrome apps are stored in. (For instance C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User%20Data\Default)

Then click on the extensions folder (C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User%20Data\Default\extensions)

Now there’s a folder with a bunch of confusing folder names in there, but I remembered that the jick one is the game I want to look at. From there you want to find the scenes folder.

(file:///C:/Users/USERNAME/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User%20Data/Default/Extensions/jickpmgeolbdpldfpefcadbjoninpelg/1.0.5_0/scenes/)

And there! Code!

If this doesn’t make sense, sorry. :slight_smile: It’ll only work if you own the games on Google Chrome, and this is how I do it on a Windows 8 PC. Other Windows versions might be different.

6 Likes